PDA

View Full Version : Hunting deer and moose up and down the Coquihalla on number 5 Highway by Exit numbers

Jelvis
10-22-2012, 11:05 PM
The Coquihalla Happy Hunting Grounds folks. Up Hwy 5, about three hours north and east of Vancouver.
On the Thompson Plateau along with the North Cascade Mountains is where your at.
From Vancouver to Hope is abooot an hour and a harf drive betwixed the two.
Hope is the southern window for the Coq country. 155 k from Van to Hope.
Lake dotted highlands
Good hunting and fishing opportunities in some eye popping scenery and healthy wilderness.

open-sights
10-23-2012, 04:50 AM
wtf is this guy talking about, could I get a ****** translation please?

Boner
10-23-2012, 05:08 AM
He's trying to get a rise out of uptight compu-hunters. Good on you Jelly, I had a laugh.:mrgreen:

I don't often get the chance to roadhunt the coq, but I did have a Big Game safari at the Greater Vancouver Game Farm in April. I think I shot every animal that I seen.

With my camera.

300H&H
10-23-2012, 07:20 AM

Since you are relatively new here (just 400 posts) you have not heard of "Jelly Talk" or "Jel-isms".

Very few truly understand the complex and spiritual side of the member known as "Jelvis".

It seems those who do have partaken in a little "hippy lettuce" or to much "Jack...Johhnie...or Jose".

Hang in there little fella, there is always hope for you !

BigfishCanada
10-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Ive tagged a few up Comstock exit 3-13 Jel, Seen moose and Elk up there also!

Ltbullken
10-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Road hunting in style!

shadow1982
10-23-2012, 10:04 AM
really you are havin hard time understanding that... lol you should read his posts when he is off the medication...

jel man helped me get my first deer... so if you are a new hunter i would listen to him.. he knows his hunting grounds

itsy bitsy xj
10-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Since you are relatively new here (just 400 posts) you have not heard of "Jelly Talk" or "Jel-isms".

Very few truly understand the complex and spiritual side of the member known as "Jelvis".

It seems those who do have partaken in a little "hippy lettuce" or to much "Jack...Johhnie...or Jose".

Hang in there little fella, there is always hope for you !

So could you please translate this for us newbies... Is there good hunting up there?

Ltbullken
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
So could you please translate this for us newbies... Is there good hunting up there?

You don't really 'understand' what he says, but divine it. And once you do, you become a Jela-fella.

Aheny
10-23-2012, 01:54 PM
I just finished walking from the Coq lakes down through the kettle valley, all I saw was bears. Not a single track or sign of deer on the pipeline.

PKernohan
10-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Jelly gives all new meaning to "read between the lines". Just try and filter out the nonsense and you'll slowly see the light.

Cheers
PK

open-sights
10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
I love it, this thread is like a soft version of natural selection.

nature girl
10-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Jelvis is right. He once said you see the crows you see the deer. Well yesterday I saw alot of crows and I got myself a deer of the Coq. Hwy.
The thing is I got out of the truck and walked. Oh I was wearing camo to.

Iron Glove
10-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I just finished walking from the Coq lakes down through the kettle valley, all I saw was bears. Not a single track or sign of deer on the pipeline.

That's quite the walk from the Coq. to the Kettle Valley which I recall is way past Osoyoos. :wink:

kennyj
10-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Just read and learn.
kenny

Jelvis
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks all for your undivided support for the Coq area.
This is truly country that the hunters eyes can't get enuff, simple as wow, look at that slope. Holy look at that ridge, types of gorgeous western scenery anyone wood be amazed at the mountains and valleys and ridges.

Sofa King
10-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Hey hunters, good to hear some have got deer up by the Coq hwy 5. It's a beauty spot all the way from Exit 240.
Exit 240 then, the hunting country for mule deer and moose starts to look real good.
I figure starting to get some serious hunting habitat from Exit 240, Up Murray Lake road is a good looker.
Murray Lake and Debbie Lake area and up into Patchett Rd.
Lots of nice country road access in MU 3-13 in from off Exit 240 up the Murray Lake road.
Then the Larson Hill Exit @ Exit 250, then Exit into 256 then a good one I think it's Exit 276 Comstock up into Iron Mtn and or Gwen Lake area.
These are very attractive Exits for hunting adventures for me, but any one got some favorite looking ones to you?
Jel -- Up the Coq off Hwy 5 -- We will profit from Exit 240 and up --

nope.
no deer in any of those areas.
the vancouver masses should head south.
there's this roadcheck that is similar to a CO check.
it's not a CO though so you're good, just cruise on through.
enjoy the hunting.

Jelvis
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Hunters can reach the deer and moose off of the hwy 5, using the proper Exit off the 5. Check regulations for distance from the Hwy 5, that you can legally start blasting. The Exits numbers should be studied for what type of animal you want to hunt. What type of terrain and forest cover. Water supplies, like ponds and lakes where wild life like to be close to. The deer and moose need water like we do. All life needs H2O.
Around Exit 240 and north on the Hwy 5 is transitioning from coast to Interior vegetation as you climb the Coq5 north into recreational paradise --

scoutlt1
10-24-2012, 07:36 PM
There is one spot that caught my muley eye at a place called Portia, as I was coming up the Coq below, below the 240 Exit, on the Coq, a place called Portia, saw a muley ridge and habitat that was calling out, on my left, Hey foo, your going by a spot you could like, but no, your going to or past 240 anyways.
The best spot is a relative term, one spot could be hot spot one year and a cool spot next time.
Look at 250 Exit for now on a decent map, and see the hunting opportunity opened up by the road through to near by Reg 8. Or go up the area in 3-13. Go up the backroad to Merritt by the Coldwater.
Mu 3-13 has moose also besides muley and whites. Bears, grouse, you name it.

shhhhhhh..........nothing around Portia.....or anywhere in 3-13 either :-D

Jelvis
10-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Exit markers shood B studied diligently from beyond Hope on the 5 north.
Look at Exit 177, where the Coq 5 starts at Hope. Then look on your good BC Map or BC Recreation Atlas.
See where you could depart off the Coq5 going up and going down by the Exit number.
Check Exit by Larsons Hill Exit and tell me the number for 5 points to win ...

finngun
10-25-2012, 04:18 PM
hi jello-bello have yu kick deer sideways this year yet?:mrgreen: cheers f-g

Jelvis
10-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Finicky your too cool.

finngun
10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
thanx jel...but what about that monster buck:mrgreen::confused:y are very good politician.. no answer..still running loose:confused:

Jelvis
10-25-2012, 09:05 PM
You are in world class habitat when you drive the Coq from end to end. From Hope to Kamloops you'll see mule deer, bear and moose habitat that will have you spellbound. You'll be talking to yourself about what your eyes are seeing.

Jelvis
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
When you hit Larsons Hill you will be on top of the mule deer and moose world.
Look east on top of Larsons Hill and see the road to Brookmere in the distance going into region 8.
Absolute mind boggling scenery of wilderness where the wild life live every day and night along with some cattle put out by ranchers. Always respect the land and water.
Use maps and google to check some things locations, water sources, open meadow surrounded by bushes.
Ridges and so on.

Jelvis
11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Exit numbers from Hope to Kamloops is what your focusing on and where they go to and what they go by.

scoutlt1
11-20-2012, 09:24 PM
The Coq is definitely a highway that lets you fly past some amazing country!
Hope you mention my buddy who runs the snack shack at the Coquihalla lakes rest stop Jellyman....he's a good guy, always fun to talk to, and always has a good story or two! :-)

vortex hunter
11-20-2012, 09:28 PM

Well you should have shot a bear

Jelvis
11-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Exit 221 is Falls Lake. Hiking and fishing. Check regs.
When you drive by the old Toll booth going north on Hwy 5 your going into Nicola Valley country.
Then Exit 228 Coquihalla Lakes is a good departure point to side trips.

Jelvis
11-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Larson Hill Exit 250
this exit opens your window of ungulate habitat wide open and observing wild life opportunities increase.
Exit 256 -- from Kingsvale on the Coldwater Road. This exit is important to hunters --
Brookmere way or towards Merritt. Brookmere way can send you into Region 8 pretty quick a big Bonus.
Coldwater River.
Good situation for life to abound by nature, fields and streams. Out door life. Cover, feed, water = Good results

Jelvis
11-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Exit 276 is Comstock -- Gwen Lake Road. Fishing Lake and check regulations for deer and moose.
Iron Mtn
Exit 286 is the Okanagan Interchange.
Exit 290 provides a way to Nicola Lake.
Now we're heading up and out of Merritt on the 5 towards Helmer Lake. Exit 315
Jelvis near Swakum Mtn layin the smack down.

Jelvis
11-21-2012, 01:25 AM
Helmer Lake Exit 315 has been logged off of Beetle killed pine and is mighty fine for checking out just make sure your off the Hwy 5 to the allowable rifle discharge, check newest up to date regulations for clarity.
Moose and deer of both types, rich habitat for ungulates and the country is spectacular to see as a true hunter.
Go for LEH Moose in here and you could get lucky. Some big healthy mule deer bucks hanging around those sand piles in summer but not showing off in season lol, but they are in here, with the whitetail trying to take over also.
This is a winner area for exploring during the season and a valid tag in pocket.
Jelly Rocket -- Not hard to get to off the Hwy 5, and fairly close to lower mainland by vehicle full speed.
Preemo rating for eye candy

Jelvis
11-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Keep going on Hwy 5, passed Exit 315 Helmer Lake six k north and your at 4700 feet above sea level at the crest.
Look east and you'll see through the tree around Surrey and Sussex Lakes -- good moose in here go LEH
Use EXIT 336 to access this area, Meadow Creek Valley has moose marshes and the moose are here.
Walloper Lake is accessed from Exit 336 Chuwells Mountain too -- moosey areas.

swampdonkey
11-21-2012, 04:05 PM
From the Y at the old Kettle valley rail junction, as the starting mark zero we can go stay on the gravel road go east to Coquihalla Lake.
Go to Km 2, from there, and you'll start climbing up Britton Creek, and then at 8km the route to Tulameen on the sign change. Follow the Lawless-Britton creek forest road left along the creek.
Then at 11 km is a road down to Murphy Lakes. As you go you cross Skwum Creek around 20 km, (fair hunting here), from Skwum the road goes across and down to Lawless Creek at 23km. An old placer mine in here too.
After crossing Lawless Creek, the road switches back up Rabbitt Mountain at 25 km the road changes to Lawless creek fsr, keep right and the road km numbers decrease into Tulameen.
The road summits at 1450 metres, and decends into Tulameen at a steep rate, and your on your brake peddle to Tulameen.
40 or so km after you left the Coquihalla Lakes area.
If you start this from west Tulameen go to 2nd Street in Tulameen and go up the Lawless Creek Road.
Jel .. Lawless up from the Coquihalla and right for forty fine k's .. next? lol

You seem to know this area well. Have you hunted it

Jelvis
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks Swampdonkey for the feed back.
Jelvis

Jelvis
11-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Exit 336 is the one to Logan Lake also.
This fine area is a special type of habitat for wild life, water, feed and cover from harsh wind.
Moose, deer bear grouse ducks fish you name it.
Paska, Face and Surrey and Sussex Lakes -- access to Tunkwa Lake and Savano -- on Hwy 1.
Total package for the weekend warriors with a valid Moose LEH. Big mules and whitetails growing good on rich feed and mineral waters. Moose wandering around like lost horses. It's a moose leh golden hot spot. Plus deer.
You can go down to Ashcroft from Exit 336 on 97C and past some awesome mule deer and whites hunting country all season.
Through Paska and down to Cherry Creek filled with deer hunting country with some moose.
MU 3-19 and Mu 3-18 for leh moose is top of anyone's Christmas present list.
Good luck hunters this season
Jel

Jelvis
11-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Exit 362 is where the Number 1 Hwy meets the Coq5 at Kamloops.
Exit 369 is the Columbia Street inter change.
Exit 374 is the last exit and the end of the Coq. The Yellowhead Hwy 5 North or towards the east on hwy 1.

Jelvis
11-22-2012, 12:40 AM
We can pick these areas accessed from Hwy 5 to the bone for hunting chances.

Jelvis
11-22-2012, 07:15 PM
So far the Exit strategy is working good and helping us to focus on starting points to the deep forests of the wilds
accessed off the wonderful Coq5.

scoutlt1
11-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Are you Murphy Shewchuck?

Jelvis
11-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Animals of this Thompson Plateau and the tough North Cascade Mountains might not see a human up close at all in this rugged well treed area. No parks in this part to give animals a no shoot zone, all wild.
Mule deer country along rich stream beds of tender grass shoots and the early morning light.
Mules up higher a bit and whitetail down lower.
The slopes of Promontory Mtn has deer early and out to Guichon Crick Valley
Open grasslands and upper swamps and you could see a moose.
Goats can be found in here too up the Stoyoma Mountain and many more spots.
Black bear roaming the terrain at will and couldn't careless who you are.
Anyway good luck hopefuls
Jel

scoutlt1
11-22-2012, 07:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy_O._Shewchuk

Jelvis
11-22-2012, 07:38 PM
The Nicola valley is drier than a pop corn fart, less then ten inches (25 Cm) of rain water in all forms homey.
Sagebrush, bunchgrass, ponderosa pine, friend a mine, and cactus real prickly.
Pure cattle country bovine, douglas lake ranch, and we got rainbows up the ying yang, hey man I got another another huge rainbow on. Yah hear it a lot, hang around a barbershop long enuff and you'll get a haircut.
If your a hot shot wind surfer or border you can go hog wild up here in Fun country.
Pennask Lake is a dandy hunting area. Moose, deer and Dah Barz.
Stump Lake and or go into Kamloops.
Jelvis -- Layin the smack down --

scoutlt1
11-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I have two relatives from BC Interior who have mountains and creeks named after them just beyond Kamloops on the Yellowhead 5. My buddy has written and published two books and I have records from 1960's on all trips taken.
Looky Louie taught me personally.
I've hunted the Coq more times than you've had hot meals
JElvis .. Don't step on my deer skin shoes --

Nice!

Shewchuk has written a number of books and articles in BC Outdoors. I just thought that maybe he was in hiding, and was using the pen-name "Jelvis" :-)

Enjoying your posts btw....

Jelvis
11-22-2012, 08:02 PM
You can connect easy with the Trans Canada Number 1, when you reach Exit 362.
So you go for Leh Moose Any Bull in 3-19 A, race up on the Coq5 to Exit 362 then turn west onto Hwy 1 and your only a short distance from Greenstone Mtn Road up Cherry Creek into the hunt fast and furious.
We'll get there fast then we'll take it slow.
Jelly Kokamoe.

scoutlt1
11-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Ok I believe you :-)

We were just enjoying Surrey and Sussex....onwards and upwards!!!

Jelvis
11-22-2012, 10:19 PM
EXIT 355 is Inks Lake, and is considered by the local hunters to be a promising area, early season or late.
Not in between because of rut and weather systems move the herds to another location.
If you drive this area early in bow season you could see a velvet buck mule deer that are large bodied well antlered mule deer bucks. Eating the lush greenery near roads, the green bunch grass popping out in clumps.
After being chased around the bucks move higher up the little hills, during October and November they stay up more here by Dominic Lake and Duran mtn. Cherry Creek and Greenstone.
When the deep snows come they move back down in December.
Exit 355 Inks Lake near Kamloops has some good hunting country to drive through and take a hike.
Jelly the Meat Grinder

Jelvis
11-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Mu 3-18 is no slouch either, matter of fact it's a heck of a moose and deer location especially LEH Moose which is sought after by many, so if your up to Exit 362 turn west and go to Savona and turn up towards Tunkwa Lake in a jiffy. You access Mu 3-19 and Mu 3-18 by this route up Duran Creek Road (Tunkwa Lake road now) Check MU boundaries in your regulations.
Now if you came up the Fraser Canyon on Hwy 1 stay on 1, til you hit Savona turn south and go up towards Tunkwa Lake hunting country and near surroundings.
Jello as easy as eating apple pie with ice cream on it ..

TIKA 300
11-23-2012, 09:05 AM
I see the JELevator has left ground floor again.........:-P

You go Jelly Belly,me thinks yule (in the Christmas spirit)will keep our hunting hermitage alive,all by yur self !!!

Jelvis
11-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Exit 256 (Coldwater Road) is the departure point for both the Brookmere Road and the Coldwater Road.
when driving up the Brookmere be ready for "Moose Hill" bad intentions in the slippery snow.
Summer roads -- county roads take me home to the place where I belong east ah Brookmere
Mountain mamma, take me home country roads
Jelly and Jake Brake on Country Roads Exit 256 is in the hunting success mix -- Your going to get a shot off

Jelvis
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Exit 228 opens up a hunters treasure chest into the Tulameen.
Yah into mega country.
The Britton Creek Rest Area -- nice little spot -- Exit 228
Worthy of much study and planning for a great hunting expedition.
How about Lawless Creek for a peek?
Jelvis this country from Exit 228 should be a consideration for the short trip hunters. Get there fast from the coast and start some serious hunts quick like in massive habitat with deer and moose and bear and birds.
Sounds like heaven come true.
Jel .. Be true to yourself and your loved ones.

Jelvis
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Drive quick up the Coq5 and at the last Exit, Exit 374, turn North up the Yellowhead Hwy 5 into mule deer, whitetails and moose with grouse and fowl. The prettiest valley up the North Thompson River is fascinating scenery at 360 degrees.
This is where the hunters are shooting for in November up the Nor River in Region 3. Some fine hunting history in those thar hills.
Another opportunity for some excellent hunting by travelling to the very end of the Coq5 onto the The Yellowhead North.
Jelly Rock says, Know your role.

Jelvis
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Coming up or down the Coq makes a little difference on where you want to get off the Coq5 to hunt a spur off.
Check the roads off each side of both directions that you can only get on by being on that side.
Coming down or going up.

Jelvis
11-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Walloper Lake leave the Coq5 at Exit 336. Lac Le Jeaune Park too.
Gorgeous to see, very moosey and yet has deer. A spot that must be experienced in BC by Lower Mainlanders.
Huge trout in Walloper lake
Jel .. This is a heathy area, well looked after by the Forestry.

Jelvis
04-09-2013, 08:47 PM
We're going to dissect each Exit of main importance for hunters to get a shot at a moose or deer.

Sofa King
04-09-2013, 08:52 PM
did someone get a new mapbook?
show us your knowledge of the kootenays?

HarryToolips
04-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Ive tagged a few up Comstock exit 3-13 Jel, Seen moose and Elk up there also!
Elk in the Thompson?? Really??

Stone Sheep Steve
04-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Elk in the Thompson?? Really??

3-13 goes right over to merritt and down the coldwater...which is a hop, skip and jump from Princeton. Also, historically there's been elk in the Lyton area(also 3-13). Check the record books....right near the top.

SSS

Mathil
01-08-2014, 01:40 PM
What's with all the edits jel? 'Twas some good info!

quaint bucket
01-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Well, that was unprecedented.

e: Oh I see what happened. I think Jelvis has pretty much exiled himself from here and took all the information too. Looks like he was a little upset at a member here and the general attitude.

Sarita 500
01-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Exit 238 and exit 256 my son and i spent 10 days there this fall.Murray lake area we came home empty handed.We did meet a sh#t pile of people from the lower mainland though.Was one of them you.....Jelvis?

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 06:53 PM
No it twernt me Sarita 500, I was tied up in Kammy, imissed yah dang it.
Jelly -- Know your role -- The Rock

coach
04-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Welcome back, Jelly! :-D

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 06:58 PM
the "Coach of the Decade" still after that big Cali vid -- thanks coach, it's nice to see you here anytime.
Jelly Fish

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 08:00 PM
When you drive up the Coq from Hope to hunt or to go in fall, carry tire chains, and have a 4 wheel if yah can.
Kingsvale out you get on the Kane Valley Road and you'll whish yah had a nice little four wheeler with some tire chains.
Exit 256 off Hwy 5, on the Coldwater Road. Turn right up the Kane Valley Road for a "Toad"
30 k's to Corbet Lake, from Kingsvale, unto the Hwy 5A. You go 30 K thru lake country.
Be prepared and go hunting.
Jel -- Exit 256 in the super hunting mix. Off the Hwy 5. @ Kingsvale MU 3-13

dana
04-14-2014, 08:05 PM
The doubters were wrong. The king is back! :) Where you been Jellyfish?

Big Lew
04-14-2014, 08:11 PM
When you drive up the Coq from Hope to hunt or to go in fall, carry tire chains, and have a 4 wheel if yah can.
Kingsvale out you get on the Kane Valley Road and you'll whish yah had a nice little four wheeler with some tire chains.
Exit 256 off Hwy 5, on the Coldwater Road. Turn right up the Kane Valley Road for a "Toad"
30 k's to Corbet Lake, from Kingsvale, unto the Hwy 5A. You go 30 K thru lake country.
Be prepared and go hunting.
Jel -- Exit 256 in the super hunting mix. Off the Hwy 5. @ Kingsvale MU 3-13

Great to read that you're still alive and kicking! You're not far off...my Logan Lake brother bagged a real old bugger this year in that neck of the woods.

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 08:39 PM
dana and big lew very nice to get your quick post at anytime. Bin busy doing mega stuff but the huntingbc site members who I dearly missed so much until now, made me wander back to the hunting shack and I feel better already thanks to you fantastic, world class hunters right here among us. There are no better any where else that you can learn valuable hunting information from on any web site available.
The Coq hwy has opened up a mega hunting and fishing area.
Jel .. You members are fantastic, you really are.

adriaticum
04-14-2014, 08:49 PM
http://hdwallpappers.com/images/wallpapers/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Return-of-the-King-Wallpaper.jpg

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 08:53 PM
YO ADRIAN! I ain't no bum!
Jelly Roll -- Tommy I dint hear no bell --- One More Round --

bosca
04-14-2014, 10:24 PM
welcome backJel....the place just hasn't been the same without you.

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 10:33 PM
bosca thanks, that's way to nice really. I appreciate your warm gesture. I really do.
May the leh gods reward you with a favorite location and animal that you so desire.
I love BC with all of my heart and always will my higher power willing and wanting it to the top.
Hunting is a big part of our lives and the memories, will build more and more of the hunts we have done and do.
Here to stay.
Jelman get your PAL man, or POL haha, or restricted hey, if yah got the means show the green.

frenchbar
04-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Welcome home Rocko!

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 10:49 PM
french bar none, the best Lil Watt Warrior who hates speeding tickets, what? What happened to your radar detector?
How's our buddy doin? The west coaster. SweetnSalty? lol
Jel .. Home is where the heart izz. -- Feels warm all over and a lil fuzzy -- home sweet home --

Tamahi
04-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Great to see you back here Jelvis! I don't post a whole lot (obviously), but I have enjoyed reading your contributions in the time I've been on the boards. Please keep rolling out your tips on deer hunting. After 36 years of hunting grouse and rabbits I finally bought my first deer rifle. Looking forward to the fall and have my fingers crossed for a LEH:-D

Jelvis
04-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Tamahi that sounds wonderful, going out deer hunting for the first time. I hope you go out for target practice at the range, and have a good feel for the rifle when you see that valid deer you have a tag for.
Then it's all about self control ( as much as possible ) lol at the time.
Deer rifle sounds interesting too. I think your season will be exciting for sure and good luck on the LEH's.
Jel in dah Loops .. I appreciate yur post Tamahi and pray you get your first deer in 2014 hunting season.

kennyj
04-15-2014, 07:13 AM
Welcome back Jelvis! Finally we'll get some decient posts.
kenny

luckofthedraw
04-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Welcome back Jel. Looking forward to your posts yet again.

quaint bucket
04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Welcome back Jel.

Lastcar
04-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Jelvis! As a new hunter and fan of those with a little character and spark to them...relieved to see you back! Was enjoying the heck out of your posts and writing style before the hiatus. Summer home is in 3-19 so your local insights were all read and noted.

nano
04-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Welcome back jelvis!

Foxtail
04-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Ok, I gotta know... After all deez yeerz of hand'n out points on heer... Hooz win'n?

Also, why have you not written a book yet?

Sine'd the Wiley won ;)

Jelvis
04-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey fox this wisdom ain't all my super stuff just sharing some good information to help beginners and assist. I have learned on my own and from others also, who love all regions of BC especially our home areas that we can get into quick like.
The Coq is a beauty and we drive it sooner or later. haha. One fine hwy.
I gleened a lot from many writers and yes have written some of my own thoughts on hunting country and moose and deer, blacktail and mules, not much whitetail yet.
Use and enjoy all valuable information that has a positive ring to it, if it has facts and stats that are accurate and based on proven grounds and let's you expand your window of opportunity for success.
Jel -- live and learn, study and plan, imagine and do -- dream on up the Hwy 5 --

Jelvis
04-15-2014, 08:23 PM
nano that's a nice fish gotta be the Vedder haha -- or not. lol.
Jelly Fish -- spin n glow --

Jelvis
04-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Hope to Merritt on the Hwy 5 stretches out to 121 kms. A couple hour drive nice n slow or a fast one and a half.
At the summit can snow from Oct to May. You could get caught in a freak snow fall anytime during this window.
Those Hwy5 Exit numbers you see are distance in Km's from the start of the road from Horseshoe Bay.
Exit 177 is the beginning of the Coq5 at Hope -- the junction with Hwy 3
Hwy 3 goes out east towards Manning Park and Princeton. Hwy 5 goes north, young man thru the Cascades to Merritt and Kamloops.
Exit 183 is the infamous Kakawa Lake Road -- Kokanee in Kakawa
The old Hudson's Bay Brigade Trail is here up Peers Creek over Manson Ridge into the Sowaqua Creek drainage.
Up the Coq with a paddle give those antlers a rattle.
Jel -- watch those Exits

gutpile
04-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey Jello man nice to see you back ! Do you know the country around gun lake for mules ?

Jelvis
04-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Gun is by Carpenter Lake
-- hey gut in the wack -- chilli wack attack
Jel .. The coq is the way to proceed if your driving up from the southern area around the Fraser Valley to hunt near Kamloops. -- Fast and Furious --

Crom
08-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Is the moose loose along the Kane? I'm Able!I have a draw for Nov, that aint no Bull.

Jelvis
08-29-2015, 12:41 PM
Crom commin on, strong, rhyming better then S n double 0 P the D O double G, Cromz in the mother's Tuckers house, Kanes in the mother Tuckerz house, moose on the loose by Surry and Sussix hearin the Canada goose, trout splashin, mule deer scratchin and the whites tails a flaggin.
This ain't no joke, put yer jeans on, your engine on, your rifle on. And lay the Smack-Down.
Take something home to snack on.
Kane slew Able, if Able was Able how come he wasn't able to figure it out first! Lights On!
Jeldo ( Rockafeldo) Up the glorious Coguihalla Five and You come Alive! Go up the Coq at least once in your life friend a mine.

Crom
08-29-2015, 12:57 PM
I shoulda gesst, since I'm from the west. Gonna try the east to slay the beast. puttin my boots to ground for all sites n sound
Kane weren't a chump, and I had a lump o cancer, can't be a dancer back in the day, let him go his way.
Jel da man, I unnerstann. thanks for the info, fo sho gonna go.

Jelvis
08-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Crom your commin along, you started out so strong, you obviously belong on HBC, you got the zeal for the hunting deal and got eyes to see and ears to hear, like a big eared mule deer?
Snoop D - O double G yah C, -- Up the Coq like Dr. Dre, we gotta get along, moose and deer will appear - let's be clear as crystal and pure gold, there's bucks and bulls to behold!
It's insane when yah hit the Coldwater and go past Murray in no hurry, to the Kane many good bulls are slain, in November rain, but it's snowing, so have a four by to go. With chains there will be less pain AAAAIIIIIGHT!
I got Kane in the membrane - moose dah bully bulls - I got lucky on the LEH and I'm settin the pace
Only dah Lucky git Lucky
Jelly (Lean Muscle and ready tah Tussle) -- Know your dam role! --