PDA

View Full Version : What a good friend I am!!!!!

bc_buckshot
10-20-2012, 11:03 PM
It's 10:49pm And I just got it. Haven't had dinner yet (pasta) spent my better half of my night skinning and capping my buddy deer. Get called 6pm buck fever and all that he shot a deer and has it in the truck. I told him as my boys from HBC says, no pic no deer. He sent a pic and sure enough got his first deer. A young 2x2 blacktail that he shot up the top of Pitt lake.Asked him how much of boat gas did it take to run up to the top he said $80. I said that's alright. He asked for a favor because he has never skinned a deer and cape it if I could do it. As a good friend I said bring it over. But stop at the beer store before you head here. He doesn't have the space nor how to do it but he did have the beer and I had the time I guess. I skinned it out and cape it out. Then I said what about butcher. He didn't have a clue to call. So I call the butcher and chat with them. They said to drop it off Monday. Then I said what about your first deer you gonna mount it right. He said I would like to but who is gonna do it. So I call my taxidermy and he said bring it by Monday. Then I said we'll its done where you gonna hang it. He tossed me another beer and I said I will drop it off. I told him to go home I have to leave 4am and take my little brother to shoot his deer. Still no pasta.and it's 11pm. It's pack sandwiches and gonna make a coffee then off to Bed. The boys tomorrow hunting shoot straight and keep your sights high!

Jehiah
10-20-2012, 11:07 PM
champ. no less.

kennyj
10-21-2012, 05:58 AM
What a guy! Thats awesome right there.
kenny

ydouask
10-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Yea!!! Walk the talk, live and share those dreams... the season will be done all too soon.

bowhunterbruce
10-21-2012, 07:59 AM
yeppers, that the kinda stuff friends do, now he knows how and will be a good friend back to you. hopefully !!!!!!:cool:

itsy bitsy xj
10-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey bc_buckshot
Thats what a good friend is all about someone yoou can count on when you need them. Wanna be my friend? I'm out after my first deer

billjc33
10-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow, you gave a buddy a hand doing something you love to do! Here's a big pat on the back from one of the hundreds of guys on this site that do these things all the time because they are a good friend and enjoy all aspects of the hunt before and after. Glad everyone doesn't make a thread looking for a cookie on here.

Glenny
10-21-2012, 12:37 PM
What a sucker! lol Just ribben. Now they know howie doit right. Good to have a friend with know how.

Singleshotneeded
10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Great to see guys like you that are great friends to your buds...well done.

buck nash
10-21-2012, 05:45 PM
You said it yourself "no pics it didn't happen".

So.... where's the pics?

bc_buckshot
10-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Gonna ask if he is okay if I can post his pic. I told him he should join this cult. I mean HBC

bc_buckshot
10-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I have the pics to prove now.. Just got home from my hunt and too lazy also don't know to direct the pics to the post. Anyone that wants to recive the pics to post I can do