PDA

View Full Version : My first and second bands

keoke
10-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Having a good season so far. I managed to connect with my first goose after three seasons of trying but the really icing on the cake is the two banded ducks I shot. The first was a malard on the 14th and the second one, a pintail, was tonight! Hope everyone else is enjoying this season!

field marshal
10-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Good job on the ducks!! Banded birds are migrators so now it begins in earnest!---Cheers---Field Marshal.

FirePower
10-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Deffinately a sign of good things to come:-D

Ruger4
10-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Congrats on your bands , hang on to them !!
I still have my lanyard of calls decorated with many bands from growing up and hunting in Ladner................what a great spot Ladner was back in the 80's :???:

Chessieguy
10-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Sounds like a great taste of things to come...And details on the bands? Locals or any far of lands?

Foxton Gundogs
10-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Having a good season so far. I managed to connect with my first goose after three seasons of trying but the really icing on the cake is the two banded ducks I shot. The first was a malard on the 14th and the second one, a pintail, was tonight! Hope everyone else is enjoying this season!

I HATE YOU!!!:mrgreen:
I havent got any bling in forever GRRR

Seriously congrats great way to start the year off, X 2 on wanting to hear the band info.

keoke
10-19-2012, 12:35 PM
The mallard was from mosses lake Washington and the pintail flew 2600km from huslia Alaska. I looked up huslia on google earth and it reminded me of a Picasso painting. Both were this years hatchlings.

Foxton Gundogs
10-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Wow, The 'lard was headed in a strange direction:confused:, nice to see the northern birds are coming down already:-D.

Chessieguy
10-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Wow and impressive flight for a bird of the year...

Your right it does look quite interesting on Google Maps, not much but water and marsh around that area.

Congrats!!!

Dano
10-21-2012, 06:52 PM
The Mosses lake bird is interesting. The goose I shot last year was from Oregon and I thought it was rare for birds to travel north but I guess it's more common than I thought.
Thanks for posting, after reading your post I had a feeling we would score a band today and we did (of course I always feel we will get one every time I go out! ) :)

The mallard was from mosses lake Washington and the pintail flew 2600km from huslia Alaska. I looked up huslia on google earth and it reminded me of a Picasso painting. Both were this years hatchlings.

Crazy_Farmer
10-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Some guys have all the luck hahaha

Let me look in the log book........yep still hasnt changed....... 1 mallard band for 1100+ mallards.

Good on ya guys though!!

You know when the moses lake mallard was banded, time of year. There`s a big lesser telemetry program so they get banded down there in the winter,spring and then get followed on their northern and southern migrations. Just curious if that mallard was banded spring or summer.

lorneparker1
10-21-2012, 08:59 PM
where are the pics of these wedding rings!

open-sights
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Good stuff, I got a banded Pintail from Alaska last year. GRATZ