PDA

View Full Version : How was your luck in the 100 mile area

moosezilla
10-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Just came back from a stint in the 100 mile area, near hwy 24 looking for buck mule deer and was suprised on how little was seen. I did see a number of doe, but not even a little spiker!....Usually I see a few moose(expecially when I have no draw) and i didn't come across any. Anyone else in that area see what I saw...nothing.... or maybe it is something i was doing wrong? i did everything, sat for hours, moved spots, cruised in the suzuki, walked the game trails, hung out at all know watering holes.... Is it the time of year?, buck numbers? any thoughts?

thanks

Brian011
10-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I'd say the time of yr had something to do with it. I usually don't see many bucks through October around there, once November comes and the bucks start moving around then you'll see more, except the best time is closed now for ten days.

moosezilla
10-18-2012, 03:28 PM
well i sure hope that is the case....i will be going up again a little farther north in November. hopefully there will be a little more action. I was thinking it might have something to do with the out of the ordinary weather we have been having. Same time a couple of years ago i was in 8 inches of snow and it was great. this year it was zero at first light and then shot up to 22 mid day.....odd year

Ike
10-20-2012, 05:50 PM
We went for an hunt near 100Mile last evening and saw 7 does and a couple of two points close up within about 15 minutes. This am we saw a couple of does but no bucks, must have been lucky.

steelballs
10-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I seen at least 3 bull moose come out of that area thanksgiving weekend but no bucks

sapper
10-22-2012, 10:20 AM
We were up there trying to fill at least one of the two LEH bull tags our group has but alas, no luck. We saw two cow/calf combos on Saturday but that was it. Lots of sign of deer and moose but no bulls and absolutely no deer. One of our group was talking to a local who claimed it is a "bad year". Given that this is our first year receiving LEH moose tags I certainly hope not. We will try again next weekend.