PDA

View Full Version : Steak tartare....

nuadixion
10-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Has anybody made steak tartare from any game meat? I am thinking deer or goat.
I am looking for some recipes.
thx

wrenchhead
10-17-2012, 07:53 PM
I made a moose steak on the BBQ, I used a marinade usually save the tartar for the seafood.

The Dude
10-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Use a prime cut, like tenderloin trimmings, backstraps or sirloin, trim all fat, and simply use the standard tartare recipe.
Fresh ground sea salt, fresh ground pepper, lemon or lime , egg yolk, lightly toasted french bread slices.
Serve with a dash of Chipotle on top, and have at 'er.
Done it lots of times. Best was a nice dark purple Blacktail Inside Round cut, ground up. :D
LOVE tartare!

nuadixion
10-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Use a prime cut, like tenderloin trimmings, backstraps or sirloin, trim all fat, and simply use the standard tartare recipe.
Fresh ground sea salt, fresh ground pepper, lemon or lime , egg yolk, lightly toasted french bread slices.
Serve with a dash of Chipotle on top, and have at 'er.
Done it lots of times. Best was a nice dark purple Blacktail Inside Round cut, ground up. :D
LOVE tartare!
Thanks for that. I was about to implement regular recipe but had doubts......I did M goat jerky and next time I would use more spices/tenderizers than for deer or regular meat.

I am gonna do M goat tartare out of tender loin, will let you know how it turns out.

nuadixion
10-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Just a made/ate it. Made two. Goat and deer. I liked goat better - more meatier ; my wife liked deer better - more pate like. Next time I would use more oil and/or egg yolks.
It was great!
Now whisky time!