PDA

View Full Version : 7-20 7-21 Tumbler Ridge area

DrPepper
10-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey there everyone, ive been disapointed with my leh draw luck these past couple years so i thought i would start planning for a big trip next year to go somewhere bull moose are open. I was looking in the reg's and was interested in the aug 15- aug31 Bull moose hunt. Does anybody know if there are alot of moose in the area, i wouldnt be to picky of size i just would hope to bring some kind of bull home with me. If i can get any information on this area or other area's you may recommend for a open bull season it would be greatly appreciated. Im excellent with navigation and a guide will not be necisary as im just look for guidance on a place to start and ill take it from there. Hope to hear some suggestions soon, thanks guys.

Sean

.330 Dakota
10-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi Sean, If in 7-21 watch your ass for grizzlies,,,there are moose there,,Murray River area,,but there are lots of griz. I was up there the 1st week of Sept,,we had our camp totally trashed by grizzlies,,wall tent,,,14x16..garbage.
Good luck,,,

Thatguyiam
10-17-2012, 06:45 PM
I was working in the area around Tumbler this fall and went out for a few evenings in 7-21 as well as 7-20. There are many roads from the oil and gas industry as well as logging and the associated blocks so access is easy for both hiking and driving. A friend and I ended up going out a total of 5 or 6 times, with me tagging out on August 28th and my friend in early September. We saw cows and calves every night and good sign every place we explored. As is the norm for the region, with any luck at all a moose tag should be relatively easy to fill in the area, especially during any bull.

brutus
10-18-2012, 06:47 AM
tons of moose everiwhere up that way,go hunting find a moose shoot it lol,good luck.i am heading for 10 days tommorow,let the snow fly

Longbranch
10-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Sean, If in 7-21 watch your ass for grizzlies,,,there are moose there,,Murray River area,,but there are lots of griz. I was up there the 1st week of Sept,,we had our camp totally trashed by grizzlies,,wall tent,,,14x16..garbage.
Good luck,,,
Like .330Dakota said. I know 'cause I was there. Lucky I locked my truck as the bears almost pulled the handles off trying to get inside!
Cheers