PDA

View Full Version : Spotting scopes in the $300 to $600 range

paulgug
10-15-2012, 11:56 PM
I know there are many threads on spotting scopes out there. I couldn't find much on lower range scopes. I realize that spotters in the 2K range and higher are exponentially better, but unfortunately $600 is my absolute max. If anyone can give me feedback on spotters in my range I would greatly appreciate it. Brands I am interested in are Vortex, Nikon and Bushnell. Thanks for your input, and sorry if you find this thread redundant. Just give me a link and I will read up on that one,
Cheers

RiverOtter
10-16-2012, 05:41 PM
I got a Baush and Lomb(now Bushnell) Elite 15-45x60 that is fairly decent for the price. Haven't looked through a Nikon or Vortex, so couldn't say. Did look through a Meopta that was pretty damn crisp, though I'm not sure what model/price point it was...

TPB
10-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Vortex Nomad did excellent for my season up north.... cheaper, reliable, and no questions asked warranty! 60x you get the black ring closing the scope in a bit but other than that its been phenomanal

mwalter
10-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Pentax 65 Ed is my recommendation awesome warrenty also.

paulgug
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the input so far. I have heard pretty good things about the nomad, so i might take a look at it. I will be looking into meopta as well. i have seen the name mentioned on HBC before so it might be worthwhile to do a little homework.

Does anyone have experience with multiple scopes in this price range? It would be nice to hear about some direct comparisons
cheers

todbartell
10-17-2012, 05:20 PM
I really like my Vortex Viper 15-45x65 for $600, great optics

.330 Dakota
10-17-2012, 06:28 PM
I have a Nikon that is as clear as my buddies Ziess,,,in his words,,,"I paid too much for the Ziess"
Mine is a Pro-Staff,,,it is a large unit and that is my only complaint,,I think the Spotter 2 is the way to go.
Mie is also a 20-60x82mm,,,way more power than you need,,,next time I would go 15-45 but still a Nikon.
Think about their camera's... possibly the best in the world, so why wouldnt their other optics compare.