PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a dick does it take to shoot a deer in someone's backyard?

huntergirl270
10-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Was just chatting with a friend who had a "hunter" shoot a deer right in back of his house where his kids play. I just needed to post to get it off my chest.
The "hunter" was told in no uncertain terms what an a$$hole he was and was chased off with his bounty but I think that a phone call should have been made to R.A.P.P.
So steamed right now. How would this "hunter" feel if someone else came and shot a deer 50ft from where HIS kids were playing? Thanks a ton for giving hunters a bad name to one more family $hithead.
Off my soapbox now. Thanks.

swampdonkey
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Did this happened in chilliwack

hunter1993ap
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
ive heard a few stories like this but in more remote areas, but it still pisses you off when there are clearly signs(or houses!!) and you shouldnt be shooting there.

huntergirl270
10-15-2012, 08:34 PM
It was in Dewdney. Lots of houses and farms right where it happened. Not in the back 40 at all.

Spy
10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Whats wrong with just phoning the cops ! This is total BS now im pissed just reading this ! Did he get a plate number ! Why cant people just report this kind of shit when it happens !

Blktail
10-15-2012, 08:39 PM
This is a no-brainer. It is illegal to shoot within 150m of a residence (I may be wrong on the yardage, but I am correct on the rule), or on private property you do not have permission to hunt on. Of to jail with the jerk. Don't call RAPP. Call the cops. Shots fired. Man with a gun.

Same goes for every other rule.

tforstbauer
10-15-2012, 08:41 PM
I would call it in, its pretty clear in the regs.

NoHuntingAreas
It is unlawful to hunt or discharge afirearm within 100 metres of a church,school building, school yard, playground,regional district park, dwelling house, or farmor ranch building that is occupied by personsor domestic animals. Owners and occupiersor their employees or agents are exemptednear dwelling houses or farm or ranch build-ings for the purpose of slaughtering livestock.

bc_buckshot
10-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Was the area open in the Fraser valley regs. Where about in dewdney because some places are open but if it was taken by the school or houses by close to the houses then yeah what an idiot. I know the farmers down by the slough there and maybe give them a shout if they heard anything get the guy exposed.

huntergirl270
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I said the same thing to my friend about calling the cops or R.A.P.P. He is concerned that the "hunter" knows where he lives and will retaliate. I personally would be more concerned with the idiot pulling another stunt like that and actually killing or injuring someone not whether he would retaliate or not.

huntergirl270
10-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I have forwarded the regulations info to my friend and his brother who is his neighbor. They have a photo of the guy so it wouldn't be difficult to i.d. him.

hunter1993ap
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I have forwarded the regulations info to my friend and his brother who is his neighbor. They have a photo of the guy so it wouldn't be difficult to i.d. him.
perfect, report him. no one should be shooting near houses.

Spy
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Please do us all a favour & get them to send you the picture and put it up here on HBC ! So we as hunters can expose this idiot ! My blood is boiling ! Im so sick of these idiots dragging us down !

fuzzybiscuit
10-15-2012, 09:14 PM
What kind of a dick does it take to shoot a deer in someone's backyard?

If it was a big deer then I guess it would make him a big dick.

Big Lew
10-15-2012, 10:40 PM
If it was a "Dick Dick", it would be a very small deer:-D

redthorn
10-15-2012, 10:47 PM
really depends how big the backyard is. ;)

Sofa King
10-15-2012, 11:15 PM
This is a no-brainer. It is illegal to shoot within 150m of a residence (I may be wrong on the yardage, but I am correct on the rule), or on private property you do not have permission to hunt on. Of to jail with the jerk. Don't call RAPP. Call the cops. Shots fired. Man with a gun.

Same goes for every other rule.

this.
and he should not have been allowed to leave, especially with the deer.
this was way more than a hunting infraction.
that guy deserved five across the eyes at least.

Allen50
10-15-2012, 11:24 PM
really depends how big the backyard is. ;)

what,, back yard big or small no shooting area,, Call cos and he still can be charged, even after the fact,, they will go after him,, to close of a call, who knows if your kid came around just as he shot,, go after them and dont stop till there got by the cos,, he will do it again,,,

ruger#1
10-16-2012, 09:40 AM
The RCMP are headed out to Chester Rd now to deal with shots fired, Three guys and rifles. In I think a shot gun only area. They should of chased that hunter away from what he shot and reported it to the RCMP.

Spy
10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
The RCMP are headed out to Chester Rd now to deal with shots fired, Three guys and rifles. In I think a shot gun only area. They should of chased that hunter away from what he shot and reported it to the RCMP.
How do you know ?

wsm
10-16-2012, 09:50 AM
first i want to make it clear. you keep reffering to him as a hunter. he is a POACHER! not a hunter. i would have shot the deer to . WITH MY CAMERA

PointMan
10-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Here's a question related to the topic. What about with permission? I was offered an opportunity to hunt on private land "You can shoot them from the deck if you want" I know that this obviously violates the "Withing 100 meter" law, but I've checked out the property borders, and if I shoot anywhere but due east of his house, I have an easy kilometer or more before I have a chance of even nearing road with my shot.

ruger#1
10-16-2012, 09:56 AM
How do you know ? I am listening to them now. Do you have a problem with that?

BearStump
10-16-2012, 09:58 AM
i'm not familiar wit the area in question. Was this guy literally shooting deer from your buddies yard? or on the crown land forrest behind your buddies property that his kids happen to play in?

bc_buckshot
10-16-2012, 10:01 AM
No ruger keep us updated if you hear anything about what's being said. Thanks for being proactive and informing us what's going on in our hunting world. Don't care if its a monster buck or a meat buck. Places are closed for a reason and rules are set for everyone's safety

ruger#1
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Dewdney is unincorperated. They had to get the Fraser valley special permit map.To figure this one out. I do belive you can use shotgun only with ssg's. To use a rifle you have to be 100 meters up the mountain.

bc_buckshot
10-16-2012, 10:10 AM
If it was on Chester road in mission I know that spot. There is a thick bush section on the end of the road that is close to the river. There is two farms there and livestock. If the deer got shot at the end of the road it was too close to the farm and its only gun shot allowed. But I don't think shooting on the dyke is allowed.

ruger#1
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
If it was on Chester road in mission I know that spot. There is a thick bush section on the end of the road that is close to the river. There is two farms there and livestock. If the deer got shot at the end of the road it was too close to the farm and its only gun shot allowed. But I don't think shooting on the dyke is allowed. Yes it is in Mission. Is it west of Mission? There was shooting there Saturday as well. I found Chester St. It is shotgun only, Shot only.

reach
10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
I know that this obviously violates the "Withing 100 meter" law
I think you just answered your own question. It's illegal, even with a bow. Even on your own property. (Law specifies "hunting", not just discharge of firearms.)

Spy
10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
I am listening to them now. Do you have a problem with that?
Hey man simple question ! Whats your pluck ? Next time i will insert a smiley face at the end for you!

ruger#1
10-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Hey man simple question ! Whats your pluck ? Next time i will insert a smiley face at the end for you! I love it when you go all out pissy pants. LOL

russm
10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
l I'm sure the person who's yard it was is smart enough to know it shouldn't have been shot in there yard,which would mean theyre smart enough to make a phone call,why would they let them leave with the deer :s if theres lots of houses wouldn't at least one neighbor be alarmed enough by a gun shot so close by that theyd call the cops? Doesn't make a lot of sense, not saying its ok though.

huntergirl270
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM
l I'm sure the person who's yard it was is smart enough to know it shouldn't have been shot in there yard,which would mean theyre smart enough to make a phone call,why would they let them leave with the deer :s if theres lots of houses wouldn't at least one neighbor be alarmed enough by a gun shot so close by that theyd call the cops? Doesn't make a lot of sense, not saying its ok though.

As I said earlier in the thread, the property owner is afraid of retaliation. He isn't a hunter himself and seeing a man standing on his property with a gun is somewhat intimidating.

russm
10-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Cops come rather quickly to a " shots fired " call I would imagine.

ruger#1
10-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Cops come rather quickly to a " shots fired " call I would imagine. No you do not have to imagine. They send four cars, And they all get involved if it is a child abduction. They are good at their job.

russm
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I actually don't mind the mission cops,they seem to do a good job of dealing with the more important stuff, some of the parties we had when I was growing up there would've been shut down in a second if they were anywhere else,I'd move back to mission in a heartbeat if there was any sort of good paying jobs out there.

TIKA 300
10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Intimidation or not,call the cops,i would take a shit kicking for my kids.........

I actually don't mind the mission cops,they seem to do a good job of dealing with the more important stuff, some of the parties we had when I was growing up there would've been shut down in a second if they were anywhere else,I'd move back to mission in a heartbeat if there was any sort of good paying jobs out there.

Unless you have a trailer with about $40,000 worth of tools stolen :shock:

tank_79
10-16-2012, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Big Lew;1218105]If it was a "Dick Dick", it would be a very small deer:-D[/QUOTE

if it was a dick dick it would have probably happened in Africa cause that's where dic dic's are from, and the guy could have said to him ''get your hands off my dick dick''

She Shark
10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
100 yards isn't far. I'd still be nervous if someone was hunting/discharging firearms that close to my house.

sed8ed
10-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Last guy we caught hunting on our property was given an option... If you hand over the deer and your cut tag, you get to walk... don't hand them over and the cops come.

That deer tasted pretty damn good.