PDA

View Full Version : Whitetails Heffley lake/Louis Creek area?

TexasWalker
10-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Going up to Heffley for a few days and I'm tagged out on mulies so I wouldn't mind nailing a whitetail doe for the freezer.
Ive heard they are up there but never have looked for them.
anybody got any tips or areas to check out?
thanx
pm's are good too:mrgreen:

TexasWalker
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Ill take moose pointers too!!! lol
anybody??

Bueller??

HIGHRPM
10-15-2012, 08:26 PM
My experience with whitetails are all based from hunting on the prairies, so some things should be the same. Habit wise, they love the flats alot more then the hills. They sit tight in bush until you almost step on them. If you see a group of does pop out of the bush, just wait, because the bucks always make the does go out first, (who said they are dumb??), thats if you are after a buck. The white tail has fantastic hearing and a super nose, so be very careful of scent control and wind direction. Also, if you are going to sit in a tree stand, be prepared to be spoted. Many people will say that whitetails don't look up, bullshit ! I have seen it so many times, I fully expect it, so hide your form as good as possible. If you are going to push bush that runs along side a hill, have someone walk to ridge top because whities that get pushed, with a hill right beside the bush almost always exit the bush up and out. Thirty years of hunting whitetails shows a guy why they are so sought after and yet so elusive. Good luck on the hunt !

doubled
10-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Can't say that I have ever seen whiteys around Heffley. They are around Louis Creek but down low near the river.

horshur
10-16-2012, 08:23 AM
there are whitetails on the farms in on Heffley louis creek road have been for 20 years but you will need permission to hunt...always a few whitetails in orchard lake area probably as good a place as any in the north thompson.