PDA

View Full Version : Mentoring

cataling
10-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Hello everybody,

As a new hunter I would like to learn from a more experienced one.
If somebody can take me few times in their trip I will be more than happy and thankful.
I have transportation and everything for starting I thing..

Best regards
Catalin

Philcott
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Catalin,

I think you might want to put a bit more info on to try and get a mentor.

Tell a bit about yourself like age, married, any out door experience other than hunting. Where are you located. Are you looking for day trips, weekends, weekends. Do you have your PAL and CORE? Any equipment? Telling us you have a cabin in a good hunting area will get you flooded with mentors.

Just let folks know a bit of the who, what, and where and see what it gets you.

Good luck.

Spy
10-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Where are you situated, main land or Island ?

cataling
10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm 36, living in Coquitlam, good physical condition, I love outdoor activities, I know how to skin and butcher an animal, I do have the PAL and CORE, a scoped .308, bino, truck, backpack.
Unfortunately no cabin.
I'm looking for weekend trips.

Thank you all

Hillbros_96
10-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Where are you looking to head out to?

cataling
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm open to any suggestion.

22ruger
10-16-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm looking at going up to region 8 on Rememberance day long weekend.Hunting bucks birds and bunnies.Send me a pm don't mind sharing what knowledge I have.

lovemywinchester
10-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Good luck Cataling. I hope you get someone to go out with. Just a piece of advice for you. If you get out with someone be sure not to pick up any bad habits from them,ie: driving with clip in gun, boozy hunting and things like that. My buddy is a new hunter and he has learned some bad habits already from older guys he has hunted with. Good luck.

Phreddy
10-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Good luck Cataling. I hope you get someone to go out with. Just a piece of advice for you. If you get out with someone be sure not to pick up any bad habits from them,ie: driving with clip in gun, boozy hunting and things like that. My buddy is a new hunter and he has learned some bad habits already from older guys he has hunted with. Good luck.
Good advice Lovemywinchester