PDA

View Full Version : New to PG

kwasky
10-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Hey there everyone. I just moved up to PG to start my HD Mechanic apprenticeship a couple weeks ago and am just wondering which way to go to get out of town and into some hunting area. I went for a cruise down North Nechako rd today but am unsure of where to hunt. Seems like lots of properties out that way. Any info is appreciated and im not looking for any hot spots.

Thanks.

slovakien_12
10-14-2012, 04:11 PM
send me a PM and I can try to point you in the right direction

The Dawg
10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
What area of town are you in?

vanislehunter1
10-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey there everyone. I just moved up to PG to start my HD Mechanic apprenticeship a couple weeks ago and am just wondering which way to go to get out of town and into some hunting area. I went for a cruise down North Nechako rd today but am unsure of where to hunt. Seems like lots of properties out that way. Any info is appreciated and im not looking for any hot spots.

Thanks.I'm new here too! Try heading down Salmon rd about 20 mins north of PG. Take any spur road down that road and put some miles on the boots! I've seen a few cows and calves, but only right at first light when walking cutblocks. It takes some time to figure the whole area out and i'm just scratching the surface but there's tons of promising areas out there you just have to find them yourself! Good luck! If you ever want to head out hunting send me a PM and we can head out!

molsonice02
10-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Welcome to PG, I'd love to give you some advice, but I'm new to hunting just not to the area, and I'm finding it tough...lol

kwasky
10-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Noahdog. Im up on the north nechako rd

moosinaround
10-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Noahdog. Im up on the north nechako rd
Oh, your one of "those" people! Snobby N Nechako folks !Nothing good ever comes from the north side of the Nechako;)!!! The Salmon FSR is a good spot. 7-24, is a wicked MU with whities, mulies, moose, b bears, and I have heard there are Wapiti around there too??!!;) Hunt local, get to know the area, as you will find the animals in the most localized areas of an area, that someone else will have told you they haven't seen an animal in all year!! This is the best advice I could give you! PG has LOTS of animals running around, 2 pointer moose, and 6 point elk, and 4 point mulies, and even the extinct G bears too! A lot closer to the city boundaries than you think!! Good hunting! Moosin

PS, shoot me a PM, and I will point you into a couple "Spots" where you may or may not find a moose or deer!