PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been in Gang Ranch country recently?

Deeboe
10-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Just curious...

J-Man
10-13-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm leaving in 30min I'll let you know.

Deeboe
10-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Good luck j-man

J-Man
10-22-2012, 11:02 AM
I got out voted and we ended up at Sheridan lake instead. Anyways it was a gong show like I told them it would be with all the cabins up there. Wish we went to Gang Ranch instead and so did all of them after that week. To many hunters and the concentration of deer in the Crown areas is really spread way out. Its probably fine if your hunting someones farm. But yea sorry no news on Gang Ranch, but I've never gone up there and had a bad trip. 4 Pnt Hilton ftw :) (but the builders have it booked the whole month of Nov)

whitlers
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Buddys old man came back with a couple deer arounds mons lake area, saw some moose too.

warnniklz
10-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I've never seen a deer in the gang ranch area... no one should ever hunt there, it's a waste of time

4 point
10-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Can't hunt on the Gang Ranch period or the deeded land of the Empire Valley ranch.

BCHunterTV
10-22-2012, 03:39 PM
its a good area if you dont mind putting on some miles in the boots...

J-Man
10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Can't hunt on the Gang Ranch period or the deeded land of the Empire Valley ranch.

Well you could try hunting the Gang Ranch I don't think Ibrahim Afandi will come chase you off since his name hasn't been cleared off the list of funding Osama and other terrorist groups yet. And with the CIA, and CSIS still having a open file on him maybe he isn't even allowed in Canada to enjoy his little ranch. Any ways the areas hunted up there known as the Gang Ranch are not located on said ranches.

EvanG
10-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Well you could try hunting the Gang Ranch I don't think Ibrahim Afandi will come chase you off since his name hasn't been cleared off the list of funding Osama and other terrorist groups yet. And with the CIA, and CSIS still having a open file on him maybe he isn't even allowed in Canada to enjoy his little ranch. Any ways the areas hunted up there known as the Gang Ranch are not located on said ranches.

I feel like I missed something?

10-22-2012, 05:21 PM
The guys at Gang Ranch are ruthless when it comes to finding hunters on their property.. they will nail you to the wall!

knightcc
10-22-2012, 05:30 PM
We were just there for a week. I like the comment about the Saudi that now owns that beautiful part of BC. I can't believe our government allows foreigners who have such a shady past to own property especially a historic ranch like that in our country.

Back to the deer. We got 4 bucks out of there. 3 were 2x2's and one was a nice 4x4. A few other hunters but scenery was great and guys were nice. I held out for a big one that never showed. To be honest, I didn't see any sign of bigger deer other than the one nice one we got. I'm sure they are way up high for now. Does anyone know who the outfitter who has the rights to the deeded ranch property??

lilhoss
10-22-2012, 05:54 PM
We were just there for a week. I like the comment about the Saudi that now owns that beautiful part of BC. I can't believe our government allows foreigners who have such a shady past to own property especially a historic ranch like that in our country.

Back to the deer. We got 4 bucks out of there. 3 were 2x2's and one was a nice 4x4. A few other hunters but scenery was great and guys were nice. I held out for a big one that never showed. To be honest, I didn't see any sign of bigger deer other than the one nice one we got. I'm sure they are way up high for now. Does anyone know who the outfitter who has the rights to the deeded ranch property??

It might be Bart Lancaster,as we run into him two years back,with some clients just above Wycott Flatts.They were about to put the sneak on some bighorns they spotted.He also chased some cats and wolves around there in the winter.

dino
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
It might be Bart Lancaster,as we run into him two years back,with some clients just above Wycott Flatts.They were about to put the sneak on some bighorns they spotted.He also chased some cats and wolves around there in the winter.

Its still bart and if you see a wolf on ranch property the ranch managers are fine with killing em.

EvanG
10-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks, never know that