PDA

View Full Version : Spot Connect not pairing to Iphone 4

Boner
10-11-2012, 06:38 PM
I finally took my spot connect out of the box and bought an online subscription.

It won't pair to my Iphone, I got it to once, out of maybe 30 tries. I'm tired of fiddling with it i'm taking it back.

Not impressed. Looked at help online and finding lots of people are having the same issues. Not being able to bluetooth connect. With android phones too.

RiverOtter
10-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Check out the Delorme "In Reach" for similar money. Looks/sounds like a better mouse trap....

Jagermeister
10-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I don't think I would invest in SPOT Connect. Reason being, you have to pack your iPhone, who's battery is going to go dead in a few days. Also, that is two pieces of technology that you're packing and a third piece if you add a solar charger.
A regular SPOT lasts quite a while on lithium batteries and an extra set of lithiums are miniscule in the pack.

yama49
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM
inreach works awesome, love the 2 way message.. my solar panel weighs 0.7lbs takes 2 hrs to charge an iphone... Well worth it..

RiverOtter
10-11-2012, 09:57 PM
For the price, weight, and hit/miss service of the Sat phones I've had dealings with, the IN REACH system is starting to look better and better......

kelmore
10-12-2012, 06:28 AM
call the 1 800 number I received great support when i called

Boner
10-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Did you call about bluetooth connectivity problems? Not much I can do about that. Shouldn't have to fiddle with it at all, the instructions were clear.

Boner
10-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Fixed it. The button above my volume control was off, turning my speaker and my Bluetooth off.

Hammerhead
10-20-2012, 07:59 PM
I looked into the connect myself and thru some research (Internet) most reports were around the problem being with the iPhone app. Apperantly some of the other smart phones pair better. The reviews on the iPhone app weren't very good either. We looked at it for a sheep hunt, but with the pilot not having cell service to receive texts we would have had to rely on him checking email and keep checking ourselves for reply. Went with the sat phone again.

Boner
10-20-2012, 08:53 PM
I'll put it thru the paces. A bit of a learning curve for me, hopefully I can help with the odd question once I get the hang of it.