PDA

View Full Version : Conkle Lake Road

Bradana
10-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Has anybody been in to Conkle Lake since the road repairs? Wanting to haul my SUV with 12 foot cargo trailer in for a week and a little info on the best road in would be appreciated.

MillBay
10-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Was in there a couple of weekes ago, road is in good shape.

Bradana
10-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. There are two roads in from highways 3 and 33. Which road is in better shape and are either ok to pull a 12 foot trailer in on? Haven't been in on either road myself and for this hunt taking the wife and kids so not going in light :???:

bosca
10-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I was camping at Kettle provincial park in August and wanted to check out Conkle so I went for a drive off #33. I got in about 14K and turned around...the road is clear enough but I nearly rattled the the teeth right out of my head. If the road has been grated then you might be good...if not your gear is going to take a beating. I drive a 98 4runner and I definitely don't shy away from rough roads but the steady rattle/banging just got to me. I would look into the other route IMHO...

tater
10-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Go in off of highway 3. Washouts at km14 were repaired (not well). Doable with rig described, but remember lots of rain will make it kind tougher, and after a certain point going in that turning around will not be an option. Might want to check first to see if gate is open to park after Thanksgiving weekend.

Remington721
10-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Go in off hwy 3 much better