PDA

View Full Version : Found this on SFBC, brutal waste again.

steeliehead
10-08-2012, 10:20 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj28/summersteel/IMG_1110.jpg

This kinda stuff just needs to be exposed more and more. Especially in this low water fall. Good job keepers of the land.

springpin
10-09-2012, 06:07 AM
So you know for sure that this is FN... Or just a stupid assumption to stir the pot??

000buck
10-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Yeah really could just be the dry side of skutz falls (cowichan river).

steeliehead
10-09-2012, 08:49 AM
No one else is allowed to fish there. Nanaimo River. I'm not stirring the pot, its an obvious fact.

springpin
10-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Ok. So it's obvious? So someone obviously seen this happen?? I'm just curious.

coach
10-09-2012, 09:15 AM
I see a picture of dead chum salmon, many filleted, left in what could be a river. Several of the fillets are laying in the water with the fish. I see no evidence of who put these fish there - and no explanation of why they left them. We can make all sorts of assumptions - but without any explanation or further evidence - what is the point of lashing out at any group of people? No doubt, the fish appear to have been wasted, but we don't know why.

One thing I do know is chum salmon make excellent fertilizer for the river. Their rotting carcasses are good for the system.

Nobody wants to see fish go to waste. However, I think more pics and an intelligent presentation of additional facts would go a long way. Without that - it does appear to be another attempt to stir the pot..

sako_300
10-17-2012, 04:21 PM
I'll stir the pot... who cares? fish die in the river every day. At least they were deposited where they belong.

What is anyone (including DFO) going to do about this - zero. Case closed.

Jack Russell
10-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah, they will make great fertilizer, that will make everyone feel better and sleep better at night.

Sako300 is right though, DFO is going to do zip about this, the case is closed, so carry on. Its all under control folks. The dumpers and the authorities know what they are doing so all is A-OK.

ryanb
10-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Some silly comments. Trying to defend those obviously responsible... like we really need evidence. These fish were wasted in every sense because not only are they not consumed, but they weren't able to spawn either.

Sofa King
10-23-2012, 08:34 PM
even if it was FN, there's nothing that would/could be done.
were there any pinholes in the jaws?
if they were netted, that would give a better clue to the culprit.

Downwind
10-31-2012, 12:03 AM
The only thing I have an issue with are the half dozen or so un-filleted fish I see. Other then that nothing looks to be wasted?