PDA

View Full Version : Buying Hunting licences in Squamish

blindcast
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
What gives? Stopped at the Walmart on my way through Squamish to pick up a hunting licence for my wife this morning but was told that Walmart does NOT sell hunting licences. Fishing licences, yes, but not hunting licences. Now I had checked beforehand on MoE's BC Licence Vendor Search function and unless I read the listing wrong Squamish Walmart supposedly sells hunting permits as do 32 other Walmarts. Oh and don't bother with Canadian Tire in Squamish either. Stopped there next and though location comes up on the MoE Search, it isn't true. Finally got what we needed at the General Store in Brakendale.

Oh and watch the road up the Squamish Valley. There's a washout about five kilometres up from the Elaho bridge, covers about half the road. You can get by on the good half, but take 'er slow and stay alert. There's another one maybe 25 yards beyond it. You don't want to hit either one in the dark. And apparently the road is closed at Mile 33. I guess that would be about 55 kilometres. We went to a little past the 48 Kilometre sign and it was all good.

reach
10-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah I don't know how that database can be so out of date. I've been to a few places that were listed but hadn't sold licenses for years.

For the record the license vendor in Squamish is the Home Hardware store.

Gateholio
10-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Home Hardware sells HL's as does the Gvt agent.

olympia
10-07-2012, 10:17 PM
walmart has stopped selling hl as of a few months ago. i was told this by surrey guildford and another in surrey because i have tried, had to go international shooting supplies

blindcast
10-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Walmart in North Van is still selling them. Or at least was selling them last week.
Any idea why they're phasing them out? I used to always buy other stuff when I went in to buy licences. If they stop selling licences altogether, there's really no reason to go in there.
Government agent in Squamish has always been really polite when I went there to do the paperwork for Permit to Accompany. Really helpful and great to talk to, but they're only open during business hours weekdays.
Haven't tried Home Hardware. Anybody know their hours of operation?

RB2
10-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Brackendale General store sells hunting licences and tags. thats where I get mine.

RB2
10-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Brackendale store is open til 9 or 10 pm