PDA

View Full Version : Rant Time.. thoughts?

lorneparker1
10-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Fella
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Seems like you were the reasonable one. Not sure there was much else you could have done.

Kinda reminds me of the garbage that happens on the Fraser when the salmon are running.

10-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Ya from this side I think you were ok. I try to play fair as well.
the only thing i try not to do is add "Or" of "If" into a conversation like that until the very end.

J-Man
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Yea I don't know sums up 90% of my encounters in the bush when its around sharing a spot. I've met some helpfull/intelligent people on this site. But as for the randoms I meet out there from the Fraser Vally to Mackenzie that's the going attitude. There is allot of bush but sometimes you need to share.

Chessieguy
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
You may not get Christmas cards from those guys, but seems like you handled it as best it could be handled. Its obvious that they felt that they had more right to the field than you did, which seems surprising as one would assume that the farmer gave them the same rules. I guess that they are just going on the assumption that if they hold their ground then you will back down.
It may well be a case that if you were in fact there and set up that their tune may change and they would be more receptive to the idea of pooling the resources.

Good luck with it, and hunt safe!!!

lorneparker1
10-05-2012, 04:20 PM
You may not get Christmas cards from those guys, but seems like you handled it as best it could be handled. Its obvious that they felt that they had more right to the field than you did, which seems surprising as one would assume that the farmer gave them the same rules. I guess that they are just going on the assumption that if they hold their ground then you will back down.
It may well be a case that if you were in fact there and set up that their tune may change and they would be more receptive to the idea of pooling the resources.

Good luck with it, and hunt safe!!!

I think you hit the nail on the head. These guys have been hunting there probably before i was born and felt that they had more rights then me. That is 100% the case.

cdnshooter13
10-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Id say u were decent about it but that'd be the last time for me if i were you. Get there early set up wherever you want and let them try and drag you and your group outta the field. People are always saying respect your elders(which i do) but respect is a two way street and these guys showed you none i say f**k em! I hope theyre members on here;)

kyleklassen
10-05-2012, 05:52 PM
grab you tent.....don't forget the smores...it's camp out nite.

fuzzybiscuit
10-05-2012, 06:10 PM
LP1, you've just got to stop being such a dick and learn to get along with others!:mrgreen:

I'd offer to give you some pointers, but I'm not much good at it either.

TheProvider
10-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Had something like this happen in the past so me and a couple guys spent the night in a field. About 3am the "other" crew drove into the field and saw us and our pickups parked on the road. They burned out of there and returned about 30mins later with a few pickups and a huge trailer full of gear. They drove past us and setup their spread and blinds. We hadn't setup yet but all our gear was in the field in bags so it wouldnt get frosty. We let them set up fully then we setup 100yrds infront of them. We didn't have to use our calls once. The other group kept trying to pull the birds into our spread. We limited out an 8 man limit in 30mins. We slowly took our time packing up aka till the birds stopped flying. They only got one bird and it was actually one of ours that they sent their dog to retrieve.

Did I feel good about the whole situation? Not entirely but the other crew was well known for trespassing, field jumping and leaving garbage and beer bottles in fields.

f350ps
10-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Are ya sure they aren't related to the owner? The only other explanation is that they either saw yer ground swattin sh!t or the farmer wants some geese killed and he called the ole boys in to gitter done, get used to it! :) K

lorneparker1
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Had something like this happen in the past so me and a couple guys spent the night in a field. About 3am the "other" crew drove into the field and saw us and our pickups parked on the road. They burned out of there and returned about 30mins later with a few pickups and a huge trailer full of gear. They drove past us and setup their spread and blinds. We hadn't setup yet but all our gear was in the field in bags so it wouldnt get frosty. We let them set up fully then we setup 100yrds infront of them. We didn't have to use our calls once. The other group kept trying to pull the birds into our spread. We limited out an 8 man limit in 30mins. We slowly took our time packing up aka till the birds stopped flying. They only got one bird and it was actually one of ours that they sent their dog to retrieve.

Did I feel good about the whole situation? Not entirely but the other crew was well known for trespassing, field jumping and leaving garbage and beer bottles in fields.

THese guys defiently dont have a bad name, and have been hunting ducks in the area for a long time, and are fairly well known not in a bad way. The guy in question that lost his mind with his blood pressure almost blowing the doors off the truck when i told him i was going to cut the birds off, lives 4 doors down from the farmer and has for 20 years. The problem i think is they have hunted these areas basically by themselves forever. And now there is me. I started with zero permission, and have aquired quite a bit since ive lived here, so they are not nessecarily my biggest fans to begin with. Im the new guy on the block and instead of getting to know me and maybe becoming hunting buddies they see me as a threat.

If we cut the birds off in the next field over we would be done before the sun would crest the trees, and could do the exact same thing you did. But i chose the higher road. Not saying what you did was wrong, trust me ive been complitaing it all day. lol

I just didnt get why it was such a big deal to share the field since we both had equal rights to be there and he had to be such a dick about it.

And kelly as far as calling the ole boys in, lol, we both no new school gets it done!!

Lorne

field marshal
10-05-2012, 07:42 PM
THese guys defiently dont have a bad name, and have been hunting ducks in the area for a long time, and are fairly well known not in a bad way. The guy in question that lost his mind with his blood pressure almost blowing the doors off the truck when i told him i was going to cut the birds off, lives 4 doors down from the farmer and has for 20 years. The problem i think is they have hunted these areas basically by themselves forever. And now there is me. I started with zero permission, and have aquired quite a bit since ive lived here, so they are not nessecarily my biggest fans to begin with. Im the new guy on the block and instead of getting to know me and maybe becoming hunting buddies they see me as a threat.

If we cut the birds off in the next field over we would be done before the sun would crest the trees, and could do the exact same thing you did. But i chose the higher road. Not saying what you did was wrong, trust me ive been complitaing it all day. lol

I just didnt get why it was such a big deal to share the field since we both had equal rights to be there and he had to be such a dick about it.

And kelly as far as calling the ole boys in, lol, we both no new school gets it done!!

Lorne I "dunno" that hasn't been my experience with YOU GUYS????---Cheers----Field Marshal.

MB_Boy
10-05-2012, 07:46 PM
but other then telling someone twice my age to **** off, Am i in the wrong here?]

Dude......you told 2 guys that were 148 years old to **** off!??? That IS wrong Lorne. :mrgreen:

You should take them an appetizer platter tomorrow, with foie gras as the center point.

lorneparker1
10-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Dude......you told 2 guys that were 148 years old to **** off!??? That IS wrong Lorne. :mrgreen:

You should take them an appetizer platter tomorrow, with foie gras as the center point.

hahahaha Scott, combined they were definitely over 130

f350ps
10-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Only thing I'm gettin here is the old boys are killin geese in the morning, and me being one of them! So ya got snookered, been there done that, suck it up and go kill something. K

lorneparker1
10-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Only thing I'm gettin here is the old boys are killin geese in the morning, and me being one of them! So ya got snookered, been there done that, suck it up and go kill something. K

Roger that. Will be out in the afternoon.

Was just venting!

Good luck in the morning.

Lorne

Ian F.
10-05-2012, 09:30 PM
So you got your parental duties squared away?

lorneparker1
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
So you got your parental duties squared away?

I did before this debacle happened.

Kiel's wife was going to watch her while we went out. Since we arent hunt there now, I am going to play daddy day care till 4:30 and head out.

Lorne

longshot
10-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Ya its pretty cut-throat on this little island for the field hunters. It's pretty much the main reason my dad and I only hunt where we know the owners really well and know we are going to be the only ones there. Too many ego's and too much drama. Plus we dont like to step on peoples toes and we dont like people stepping on ours!

Good luck chasin' em'!

Barracuda
10-05-2012, 11:36 PM
sounds kinda like guys claiming areas and clearcuts as thier own personal hunting grounds cept the only diff is it is pvt land and if shit goes south everyone could lose out if the owner gets sick of the hassle.

5 spike
10-06-2012, 03:28 AM
grab you tent.....don't forget the smores...it's camp out nite.

x2 you first you hunt plain and simple,if you wish to let them in on the action up to you.F***kin people.

Mr. Dean
10-06-2012, 10:38 AM
It sounds like you're not [perhaps] respecting the owners wishes.....

Pushing the envelope with these LONG TIME FRIENDS/NEIGHBOURS of the landowner, IS creating drama and conflict.

Think about it;
The property owner WILL get an earfull and who do you think will be on the Do Not Enter list?

lorneparker1
10-06-2012, 11:25 AM
It sounds like you're not [perhaps] respecting the owners wishes.....

Pushing the envelope with these LONG TIME FRIENDS/NEIGHBOURS of the landowner, IS creating drama and conflict.

Think about it;
The property owner WILL get an earfull and who do you think will be on the Do Not Enter list?

They are long time neighbours, not long time friends the way i understand it. When i was giving permission 3 years ago, i was told this " its first come first serve, this is who has permission, you guys sort it out, i dont want anything to do with it"

And why would he get an ear ful? i let them have the field.... But im not going to get pushed around like a little bitch.

Lorne

field marshal
10-06-2012, 12:11 PM
They are long time neighbours, not long time friends the way i understand it. When i was giving permission 3 years ago, i was told this " its first come first serve, this is who has permission, you guys sort it out, i dont want anything to do with it"

And why would he get an ear ful? i let them have the field.... But im not going to get pushed around like a little bitch.

Lorne I don't think we've heard the end of this Soap Opera????--Cheers---Field Marshal.

lorneparker1
10-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't think we've heard the end of this Soap Opera????--Cheers---Field Marshal.

hahaha its over oldy!

Lorne

lorneparker1
10-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Well now i can put this baby to rest. Went and spoke to the farmer yesterday. I was hesitant because i know the last thing he wants is the drama. But the last thing i wanted was the other guys talking to him and painting me in not the best light. I told him the scenario and he said, they tried to pull that about a decade ago when he let someone new on the farm(his nephew). THey didnt know he was related and they almost lost thier rights then. SO this was just another case of chest puffing and sense of entitlement. He said do whatever you gotta do. They were completely out of line and if they have a problem with it they can come talk to me. He said he knows they wont come talk to him, because of the last time.

So anyway, all is goood.

Lorne

field marshal
10-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Mommy,Mommy, the old guys won't play nice with me!! Waaaa., Waaaa.----Cheers---Field Marshal.

lorneparker1
10-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Mommy,Mommy, the old guys won't play nice with me!! Waaaa., Waaaa.----Cheers---Field Marshal.

Mommy Mommy, the old guys are so shitty at hunting they wont even share the field because they know the mid as well not even bring thier guns if im there!

Lorne

heyblast
10-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Hunt the next field,the ducks that don't land for you to swat:-D will fly to them. No problems. But seriously I'd be upset by thier attitude as well . Good for you taking the high road and talking to the farmer.

Gateholio
10-07-2012, 06:59 PM
There sure seems to be lots of drama in the waterfowling world! :)

MB_Boy
10-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Lorne should pick on people his own age.

MB_Boy
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Haha. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

field marshal
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Well Fatso??? The whole waterfowling world waits with bated breath, for your I told you so report!!!! How we Scissor-Billed the old guys out of there
geese, because they had the temerity to suggest we were not welcome in their field?? Talk,talk,talk, pics or I guess it didn't happen???
What?? what's that you say they got birds and you didn't??? Aw aw no????? Cheers---Field Marshal.

303Brit
10-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Tony, they didn't get any birds that morning I watched all the Geese shift to the newly cut corn that am.( much shorter Flight) then the manure flinger showed up and jumped them all back to the estuary.
Silly ole *******s, gunna be funny to see the look on their faces the next time they come to the field and I over them bacon and eggs, since I had been there all night ;)

Wonder if he'll help me drag the stove to the truck ;)

lorneparker1
10-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Well Fatso??? The whole waterfowling world waits with bated breath, for your I told you so report!!!! How we Scissor-Billed the old guys out of there
geese, because they had the temerity to suggest we were not welcome in their field?? Talk,talk,talk, pics or I guess it didn't happen???
What?? what's that you say they got birds and you didn't??? Aw aw no????? Cheers---Field Marshal.

They hunted saturday morning. Have no clue how many they killed, but if they didnt put a limit on the ground, they defintely belong in the special olympics of waterfowling. Not sure what happend sunday morning. but the VAST majority of hte birds bugged out and went to another field. Me and 303 spent sunday night killing bears for the farmer on said feild.

Brownie points and good eats.

Be patient sensai. I have a goat to kill. When i return you will be sick of all the dead birds you'll be seeing pics of.

Lorne

303Brit
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
They hunted saturday morning. Have no clue how many they killed, but if they didnt put a limit on the ground, they defintely belong in the special olympics of waterfowling. Not sure what happend sunday morning. but the VAST majority of hte birds bugged out and went to another field. Me and 303 spent sunday night killing bears for the farmer on said feild.

Brownie points and good eats.

Be patient sensai. I have a goat to kill. When i return you will be sick of all the dead birds you'll be seeing pics of.

Lorne

It will be a lardfest, and speckle bonanza ;)