PDA

View Full Version : Tunkwa Lake hunting vehical advice

westcoast meds
10-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Were leaving for Tunkwa lk resort in about a week and I have to make a choice on what vehical were going to take to hunt from.My choices are between a ford ranger that has 4 wheel dri, or to tow my sidekick behind an f 350.Being that we have to pay the BC ferry tax as were on Van. island, i would prefer to take just the ranger and save some $.But im not familliar with the roads around tunkwa lk as to whether the ranger can handle them( not a lot of clearance underneath compared to the sidekick). the weather is looking to be dry and once we have researched the area we will hunt alot on foot, but we still need to be able to get around. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. thanks

Litzodd6
10-04-2012, 05:34 PM
you should do fine with the ranger, lots of area to hunt if you cant get into some spots

swampdonkey
10-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Either or you will be fine with I have a quad and sidekick no problems with either sidekick is stock. What are you guys hunting

JIL_24/7
10-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I was up there last December with my Chevy Colorado Crew 4x4. Got everywhere I needed to go. Muley or whitetail is the question. With a little walking the whitetails can be had.

Deeboe
10-04-2012, 07:55 PM
no problem with a ranger

Grousedaddy
10-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Take the ranger

westcoast meds
10-04-2012, 09:17 PM
thanks for all the advice guys, the ranger it is. we had no draws this year so we thought we would check out a new area to us. hunting deer, but a spike bull would not go unnoticed. Nice to get some meat for the freezer, but a week in the bush with some friends is good on its own . thanks again