PDA

View Full Version : Rock/ Mckinney Creek Buck (with story & picture)

Mckinney Creek Adventures
11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3795&cat=500&limit=recent

Was out first thing wednesday (22nd) morning to check out another hole of mines above our place. Fresh snow on the ground, seen two does on the way there on the ATV. First one out this area that morning. Parked the ATV and went for a couple of hour still hunt. Not a fresh track, not a sign of fur. Got back to the ATV, tire was flat, so I pumped that up and noticed fresh Turkey tracks right up to the bike. It walked right around the dam thing.

Anyways, thought I would travel around the rest of the morning and try to locate some movement in the fresh snow (stopped snowing around 9 am). After a couple of dead end side roads etc., I stumble across some fresh tracks, got of the ATV and noticed they headed away from me down the road at a bit of a pace I thought. So I threw a shell in the gun and started following. About 40 yards down, it looked like more tracks joined in, but continued down the road to an opening ahead. Well, on further inspection, I noticed they curled around to my right and back towards where I came. Just as I figured that out I looked up and there was the buck making the tracks just staring at me 30 yards way. I drew up my gun with the safety off thinking I could see horns, but I forgot to flip up the clear fron lense cover on my scope that was fogged up. Down with the rifle and flip up the cover... up with the rifle.... buck..... big antlers...... boom. It took off running with another animal which I did not get a look at. I knew I hit him hard because there was blood all over right where he was standing and in the direction he ran so I knew he was not going far. Decided to go back to the quad and get my pack with all my tools in it. Get there and the buck is laying 30 yards above it dead.

The end.

I cant believe he just stood there and watched me as I was figuring out where the heck they were going. A little luck helps sometimes!

Nice even buck. Thinking of getting him mounted. Not the biggest I have pulled outa the area, but one of the prettiest bucks for sure.

Mckinney Creek

Not sure if the picture attached, so here is a link.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/5x5.jpg

mark
11-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Nice to hear that nice whiteys make mistakes sometimes, maybe itll happen to me someday!

Fisher-Dude
11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Love the long brows on that buck. Congrats!

30-06
11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
nice lookin buck congrates

Islandeer
11-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Great buck,they are exciting aren't they?!!:lol:

DropTines
11-26-2006, 09:53 PM
very nice buck, good job
________
The Toyota Way Specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/The_Toyota_Way)

Dad and son
11-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Good job, aren't you glad you got off the ATV?

Gateholio
11-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Great buck, love those crazy brow times!:lol:

Will
11-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Congrats, Nice Buck 8)

Byson
11-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Nice Buck Jason congrats too bad i didn't see him when i was at you're place will book more time next year at youre place

3kills
11-27-2006, 06:05 PM
congrats on a great lookin buck...

11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Nice Buck Jason congrats too bad i didn't see him when i was at you're place will book more time next year at youre place

Thanks Dale, You will see him on the wall next year.... I dropped him off at the Taxidermists today. Should look nice in the log house!

dawn2dusk
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Congrads MCA! He is a beauty!

Elkhound
11-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I too love those brow tines. Nice

fuzzwilkens
11-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Nice work!

wetcoaster
11-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Nice,

I am just starting to get serious about trying to conect on a whitetail thanks for the read.

Sitkaspruce
11-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey MCA, Nice buck.

My sister lives in Rock Creek. Her and her husband own a meat cutting shop there. They are Heather and Bill. I am hopeing next year to get down there for the WT season.

Cheers

Ken

11-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey MCA, Nice buck.

My sister lives in Rock Creek. Her and her husband own a meat cutting shop there. They are Heather and Bill. I am hopeing next year to get down there for the WT season.

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken,

Yes, I know of your sister and Bill. I hear they have a nice butcher shop.

11-28-2006, 08:16 PM

Hey Dale, the neighbour two doors down from the cottage shot a nice 5x5 the weekend you were staying with us right in the area where you started hunting here on the friday. Maybe it was the shot you heard. He said he had a hell of a drag out up hill a fair ways.

There was another nice one shot just above us here a couple of km's and a big 7x8 apparently shot somewhere above us as well.

jaeger
11-28-2006, 09:53 PM
nice looking buck.

12-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks guys

I am pretty happy about the buck. The taxidermist thought it was a good one too. Cant wait to get it back and on the wall.

MCA

Buckman
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Nice going, good looking buck.

hunter1947
12-01-2006, 05:58 PM
The hard thing is finding one that has a good mass ,the next hard thing is having to wait to get the head back from the taxidermy ,congrads on a nice looking buck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif. hunter 1947.