PDA

View Full Version : may have come across a dumping site for poachers.....need advice.

Robert_G
10-03-2012, 04:55 PM
A friend was camping last week and came across a massive site of bones and flesh. It seems to be ongoing as some bones were older and some still had flesh. Our guess is that this is an active dumping site for poachers. It seems that there are well over 10 different big game animals that have been shot here. Who knows how many bones have been dragged away by scavengers. Here are some pictures. What to do next?

Old Crow
10-03-2012, 04:57 PM
What makes you think poacher?Maybe just a game cutters dump

Steeleco
10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Call RAPP and tell them. It may not be a poacher, but they'll still look into it.

Robert_G
10-03-2012, 05:00 PM
They started dumping in summer....long before hunting season began.

digger dogger
10-03-2012, 05:01 PM
If these pics are from the Chilliwack valley, that has been a bone dumping site for years..

moosinaround
10-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Looks more like a polluter, not a poacher. Poachers usually don't leave a mess like that around, it is usually a single animal in several different locations. Report it if it will let you sleep better at night. I stumbled across a site where a trapper had been skinning coyotes and other fur bearers. Looked like a slaughter site, a scene from a horror movie. Was just coyote carcasses. Moosin

lilhoss
10-03-2012, 05:32 PM

x 2,looks like it could be some beef bones,pig?,Are you sure they are deer,etc? Some smaller operation cutters will dump,saves them money.Still a bloody mess though.

resqmedic02
10-03-2012, 05:49 PM
when in doubt report it, it won't hurt. nothing gets done if we don't report and only complain.

Jagermeister
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
That is sacred ground. Recent ritual was conducted.

Manglinmike
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I came across several sites just like that in the Willams Lake area and they turned out to be trap sites,like an earlier poster said a poacher would not keep going back to the same spot unless he or she wanted to get busted.

BCHunterTV
10-03-2012, 05:55 PM
i agree, to me poacher wouldnt use the same location youd think

Sub zero
10-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I ran into this years ago,on the island turned out to be highways road kill dump.

jonz
10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I would also say likely road killed animals.

tanker
10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
you can never be sure tho id say report it not harm in being cautious

mr7mm
10-03-2012, 07:44 PM
if you have any doubt call rapp thats what they are there for they can determine what the case maybe

doubled
10-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Poacher would not visit the scene of the crime over and over. Either a butcher or trapper.

Robert_G
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Again....I am asking because I don't know.....but it up by Chilliwack Lake.

Vanman1985
10-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Like the guys said earlier, probably a hwy's road kill dump site.

scoutlt1
10-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Again....I am asking because I don't know.....but it up by Chilliwack Lake.

Don't lose too much sleep over it. Doesn't look like a poacher's "spot". But there is never anything wrong with calling something like that in if you aren't sure.

limit time
10-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I found three sites like this last year, I even have the photos. It turned out the local native were dumping it there.

Drillbit
10-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Have you seen "The Gray"
Maybe the wolves lair?

lol

Deer_Slayer
10-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Most likely a sasquatch feeding site. It is common for them to drag large animals to a familiar site for feasting. Was there old kokanee beer cans scattered about?

new hunter
10-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Found a pile of calf carcasses in the bush last year .
Turns out they were still born that a local rancher dumped off .
Pass the tip on to the COs and leave it at that , it may be totally legit , it may be a bunch of dirtbags .
Either way , if you pass on the info you did the right thing . If the COs choose not to investigate its not because of you , you did youre best .

Big Lew
10-05-2012, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=new hunter
Pass the tip on to the COs and leave it at that , it may be totally legit , it may be a bunch of dirtbags .
Either way , if you pass on the info you did the right thing . If the COs choose not to investigate its not because of you , you did youre best .[/QUOTE]
I agree....
My Wife and I stumbled upon an active poaching gang accidentally while out for a drive with our very young children. We saw them with high-powered lamps and crossbows. I left immediately for fear of my family, but not before recording enough to have them caught and convicted. The RCMP contacted me several weeks later and said that they had never seen such a horrible scene when they arrived at the site. There were dozens of doe and fawn guts, bones, and hides from weeks of killing thrown over the canyon side, so you never know...give the COs a call.

ufishifish2
10-06-2012, 11:12 AM
......active poaching gang.............high powered lamps and crossbows. The RCMP contacted me several weeks later and said that they had never seen such a horrible scene when they arrived at the site. There were dozens of doe and fawn guts, bones, and hides from weeks of killing thrown over the canyon side, so you never know...give the COs a call.

And yet nothing happened and nobody was convicted of anything?!?!
Am I right or am I right! Sigh

Big Lew
10-06-2012, 12:45 PM
And yet nothing happened and nobody was convicted of anything?!?!
Am I right or am I right! Sigh

I never heard what the outcome was, apparently 2 were charged with poaching and selling the meat to several businesses in Richmond.