PDA

View Full Version : 8-25 moose draw

wrenchhead
09-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Can't sleep, my Oct bull draw starts tomorrow. Be real nice get out with the old man and try and flush one out.

fearnodeer
10-01-2012, 05:40 AM
Good luck to ya and i take it the old mans your Dad.

sarnold
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Any luck? Really hoping you find some bulls!
I was in the alpine the last couple days out east didn't see much.
Keep me posted...

wrenchhead
10-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Lots of moose sign but didn't even see a rear end. Did see a dandy 4 point muley with some junk though. Now I have seen where all the moose activity is a guess I will have to camp out with a lawn chair and wait!

wrenchhead
10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
well gotter done yesterday! my first moose harvested.
After seeing not a single moose on tuesday we decided we would change it up and sit in another likely area on wednesday.
Man did that ever pay off. we hiked into the top of an over grown cut with a view into it and the swamp around it, and sat down with our coffee. didnt even get the coffee poured when we spotted the first moose about 450 out in the 15 foot tall pines, glassing him we noticed 2 cows moving in and out a veiw as well. there was no way to get closer and still see him so we gave a few cow calls, that back fired! that quickly moved out and into the thick swamp. 10 minutes after that another bull moved though the same spot and continued on into the swamp. we sat for another hour before we saw more movement below us, it was a cow calf about 165 yard out moving. we sat watching them and also could hear something else moving behind them. out walked another moose! this one had his head behind a tree so i could not see if it was a bull, but it was in range so the blood was flowing! up came the binos to have a look to see if i could see anything though the tree and he quickly walked across the moose sized opening not giving me a chance! he was gone into the thick pines! we sat for another couple hours with no action and decided to move to another area. so into the truck went went and started to drive to the different spot when hold it stop theres one! standing in the middle of a clearcut 2 months old there he is! out of the truck bang. hes still walking! bang another. flop down he goes! first moose in the bag and my first kill with my dad on board! we managed to skid him to the road in one piece but wacked him in half to get him the truck,(and that was all we could do to manage that!) should be good eats as he didnt stink and was still young. as well both shots hit him in the lungs.http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/pisshark/IMG_0889.jpg

coach
10-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Great looking bull! Congratulations. Gonna be some real good eating there.

Hank Hunter
10-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Awesome, nice bull

Getbent
10-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Nice bull man...way to make it pay off!

Philcott
10-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Awesome morning. Good going.

doubled
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Very nice bull indeed. Good to see you filled your LEH.

wrenchhead
10-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes it was an awesome morning, must have seen every moose in the country. Bad news for the guys on the 15th no immatures.