PDA

View Full Version : Double header weekend

lovemywinchester
09-30-2012, 08:59 PM
So far so good for the 2012 deer season for me. I managed to bag a mulie on Friday evening and a nice mid sized WT today to end my region 3 buck season. I stayed at Tunkwa Lake resort for the weekend and had a great time. FlyBC had the fall fish-in gathering this weekend at Tunkwa so there was a great dinner on Saturday and lots of prizes. It was great to meet a bunch of guys from the forum and there was close to 140 people I think. Lots of good people. Too bad hunting doesn't have the same ability to get a bunch of guys together like that. You can put 100 guys on a lake no probs but I can't see that many guys crawling around one area hunting!

There isn't much of a story for the mulie. I hiked 9 hrs on Friday and saw a moose and calf but no deer at all. Decided to go for a drive near dusk and saw a group of bucks and he was the only 4 point so that was that. The WT was pretty fun. I have been close to a few WT near Kamloops this year but screwed up each time and got busted. I saw this guy before he saw me for once and managed to get the crosshairs on him. He ran into the beetle kill and I lost him. I had to get two buddies to help me find him but we did. He only went about 75 ft from where I shot him but the woods are so thick you can't see shit. Both deer are hanging at Savona custom meats as we speak so I'm looking forward to next weekend when I should have close to 200 lbs of venison in the freezer!! Good times.

If I have the time I would love to try for another buck in Reg 8 but not to worried about it right now. Good luck to everyone for the rest of the season and hope to see some more deer shots on HBC soon.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/wt2-1.jpg

Shot the mulie at dusk so no good photos but he was a mid size as well.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/mulie.jpg

Steeleco
09-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Well that's one hell of a trip. Congrats

Grousedaddy
09-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Nice deer i emailed tunkwa today to ask how the whitetail hunting is going up there and he said a guy dropped the first one today must have been you congrats im heading up on the long weekend

Glenny
09-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Awesome hunt. Nice deer. I'm heading up next week.

paulgug
09-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a busy weekend. Congrats on your success. I will be trying my luck in region 3 next week.

Swamp Rat
09-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Congrats on a nice productive weekend.

coach
09-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Well done, LMW! Sounds like a great weekend. Really nice pic with the whitetail! :smile:

If your heading to my area of region 8 - shoot me a PM. I'll hunt with anyone - even Leafs fans. :-P

lovemywinchester
09-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Well done, LMW! Sounds like a great weekend. Really nice pic with the whitetail! :smile:

If your heading to my area of region 8 - shoot me a PM. I'll hunt with anyone - even Leafs fans. :-P

Thanks Coach, will do. I saw a big mulie up in the hills outside Kelowna last year. Would like to bump into him a year older!

Hunter Dog
09-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks Coach, will do. I saw a big mulie up in the hills outside Kelowna last year. Would like to bump into him a year older!

X 2 is all I can say! What an incredible weekend; congrats!

moose2
10-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Looks like a geat weekend congratulations.
Mike

5 spike
10-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Gotta love trips like that congrats.

Brian011
10-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Well done! Nice bucks!

fearnodeer
10-01-2012, 05:31 AM
That one hell of a weekend congrats on two nice bucks.

kennyj
10-01-2012, 05:48 AM
Now thats a great weekend! Good going.
kenny

showtimebc
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
congrats on the nice bucks! tunkwa is where its at!

markt308
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Looks like a pretty fun weekend. great job

lovemywinchester
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys, and good times indeed. It was wild how much fat the WT had on him compared to the mulie. The mulie had a good fat store for sure but the WT was covered in it. Neck, back, arse end, belly and big gobs inside him. Not hard to see how the WT do so well where ever they go. Maybe the mulies are just tougher and need less fat but that WT looked like he was set up for a loong winter. Looking forward to a side by side taste test on some backstrap steaks. Mulie vs WT. I'll post my findings. :razz:

Bushy
10-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Looking forward to a side by side taste test on some backstrap steaks. Mulie vs WT. I'll post my findings. :razz:

It's Thanksgiving weekend........looking forward to it!:mrgreen:

Hard work payed off LMW, at least for the WT:tongue:

Well done, what are you going to do now? lol

lovemywinchester
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
It's Thanksgiving weekend........looking forward to it!:mrgreen:

Hard work payed off LMW, at least for the WT:tongue:

Well done, what are you going to do now? lol

It WAS hard work dragging that mulie the 10 ft to the truck! And then getting him in there, whew! Great job with everything this weekend Rich and you know there is some sweet venison coming your way buddy.

Mulie for sure, not sure if your getting any WT.:lol:

BigfishCanada
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
HUMP!!! That's sweet brother!!! Im heading up for the long weekend, and I guess you and I are hunting later this month in region 8, congrats again man for a double header weekend! I hope my boy takes a meat buck Saturday so I can fish and drink beer the rest of the weekend!!!

Awesome job!

bruin
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Very nice!!