PDA

View Full Version : elk calling

hunter1959
09-30-2012, 09:07 AM
well was hunting in the east kootneys and went up this road and found a nice apline meadow so i started to use my hoochie mamm and all of a sudden sounded like a train comeing out of the timber so i got ready for the bull elk just then out comes this cow moose and shes comeing at me full speed so i try and yell to get her to stop and she just kept coming so i pick up a rock and hit her with it and she stopped and she stopped for a minute and then she started to come at me again so i yelled and she was about 6 feet from me and then took off into the bush man i thought she was going to attack me so then i went to go back to camp and guess who was on road infront of me the cow moose so i followed her down the mountain for at least 5 kms and we went right by some hunters camp and they were laughing there heads off when they seen me with cow moose infront of me going down the road it was kind of funny she finally went in to the bush .to bad cow moose wasnt open lol

paulgug
09-30-2012, 09:54 AM
haha, that is truly bizarre. That cow must have really liked or hated what you were saying

The Dude
09-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Sometimes females don't like other females on their turf.
Sounds like she was racist as well.
Did she have curlers in her hair and a "Dixie Flag" tattoo?

gwillim
09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
You likely sounded too much like a calf in distress. I've bumped into a lot of animals while working in the bush, but nothing scared me as much as being charged by a pissed off cow moose!