PDA

View Full Version : Wyoming Pronghorn

IronNoggin
09-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Not mine, rather my Pa's. The "Old Man" is now buzzarding 80 years, had major back surgery last summer, and a knee and hip replaced this. Still going Damn Strong! He managed to draw an antelope tag in a very good zone over in Wyoming this fall, and immediately made plans with a Hunting Buddy from there he's been chasing Speedy Goats with for over 35 years on and off.

They looked over a LOT of rather tremendous bucks, and day 2 bumped into one they figured would go right close to 80 inches of horn!

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/Pa_80_inch_goat.jpg

Custom 300 H&H Mag built on a pre-64 Model 70 frame. One shot, 300+ yards. The Old Fella still very much has it! :mrgreen:
Green Score: 79 5/8". Doesn't get much closer!!

Hope I am in half as good as shape when (if?) i get that far!!

And, looking forward to getting together for another hunt next fall with my favorite mentor!!

Cheers,
Nog

MB_Boy
09-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Very nice Nog!

d6dan
09-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Great looking Lope the "Old Man" shot Nog. Its good to hear he still has the desire to hunt @ 80ish :smile:. Congrats to him. Well done.

Rackmastr
09-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Awesome stuff!!! Great lookin trophy for sure.

I've got a bunch of preference points for Wyoming and gotta draw a tag one of these darn days and get it done!

Ovis17
09-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Congrats! Nice mass.

BiG Boar
09-29-2012, 04:45 PM
I think tomorrow is the last day for preference points. $30 if you want one.

Nice buck! How many preference points did he have to have for the area? I started at 1 yesterday.

Mr. Dean
09-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Holy Halibut Assholes, Batman.
That's a BEAST!

Ruger4
09-30-2012, 06:56 AM
very nice goat !! great picture of you and your dad , well done !

IronNoggin
09-30-2012, 04:21 PM
very nice goat !! great picture of you and your dad , well done !

Thanks Ruger. That's actually Pa on the left, and his Wyoming Rancher Buddy on the right.

Here's Pa & I together with the muley he took in '09:

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/Dad_2009_Mulie.jpg

Last time we got to hunt together, although we've managed to sneak a few offshore fishing trips in in-between. Hoping to comes together again for a hunt next fall...

Big Boar: I'll check with him the next time we chat regarding preference points & area...

Cheers,
Nog

IronNoggin
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Another of that rather Fine 'Lope:

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/Pa_80_inch_goat_2.jpg

Of course Ma had to sneak into the picture of this one! She too still actively Hunts a LOT, to date taking the Largest Non-Typical Mule Deer ever shot by a Woman in Canada, the Family's largest Elk (Utah Hunt - close to 400"!) and an antelope that surpasses the one pictured above!

Excellent Genetic Background! There is indeed reason for hope in my soon to be realized "Golden Years"... LOL!

Cheers,
Nog

kennyj
10-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Great to see your parents still out enjoying the outdoors. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?
Very nice 'lope indeed.
kenny

IronNoggin
10-14-2012, 02:08 PM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

That's for Damn Sure Kenny! They started me off in elk & deer camps at four years of age, and NO Turning Back!! :twisted:
Damn Happy to come from that background! And hope I am somewhere close to as "able" as they are if I manage to get that far!!

How many preference points did he have to have for the area? I started at 1 yesterday.

I since chatted with him about that. He had accumulated FOUR "Preference Points" but suggested in that area three likely would have done the job. At this stage he long-range plans pretty well each and every hunt, so I'm not at all surprised he had more than he thought was required to get the tag - just the way he rolls...

Cheers,
Nog