PDA

View Full Version : New hunter in in training

Mythos
09-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I I have been hunting for few seasons now, got few animals - nothing crazy. I usually hunt by myself, no one of my close friends hunts. I am looking for like minded people to go hunting with, learn from and share my hunting experiences. I do not have much time and only able to go for few nights on the weekends, but I try to make the most of it. I have trying different methods and enjoy them all.
Is there anybody out here that's "in the same boat" as I am?

olympia
09-28-2012, 10:29 PM
where abouts u from?

BowRiver
09-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Very much in the same boat. Where are you?

seanps
09-29-2012, 12:14 AM
- What do you hunt?

- How do you do it? (e.g., deer from stalking, driving, tree stands)

- Do you like to hike, or drive?

And, most importantly: Where are you located? No point in Vancouver members contacting you if you live in Prince George.

The more info we have, the more we can help.

Mythos
09-29-2012, 12:33 PM
I am from Lower Mainland - port moody to be specific.
I have been road hunting by car and got a bear that way, it seams a little boring at times. I have a quad and use it mainly to get me to the destination where i want to go hunting. I enjoy hiking in the wilderness the most, although i am not the strongest hiker out there and since i am by myself most of the time i go on my own paste. I have all my hunting and camp gear that I gather based on my own experience.
My idea of hunting is go set up camp far in the country side - quad from there to the hunting ground and hike/walk the land of the man made trails.

new hunter
09-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I still hunt for deer in 2-6 , usually tuesdays , for the full day .
I dont over night , and I do have a cheap chinese dirt bike that I use in the same way you do .
If I were to hunt with someone else the arrangement would be pretty much just to split a ride in and out , with the understanding to find the other hunter if a shot is heard , in order to help clean and pack out the deer .
Send me a Pm if youre ever in my area and you want to come out .
I should mention that I'm at the same experience level you are , I doubt you'd learn much from me , but at least we could split the work load and gas , maybe cooperate and push deer to each other as well?