PDA

View Full Version : HELP WANTED: For 2007 Muley Camp

BCrams
11-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Stove lighter, cook and dishwasher wanted for '07 camp.

Applications now being accepted.

You will be blind folded for transport. Any paraphernelia such as GPS units will accidentally end up lost.

Daily responsibilities include:

Stoking the fire in wall tent stoves at 5:00am. A nutritious breakfast / coffee to be ready and served for the extremely hard working hunters at 6am sharp. Lunches to be ready to go and water bottles topped off.

Camp will be kept clean and you may bring a book when duties are completed.

The tents must be nice and warm upon our return and a delicious / nutritious dinner is to be ready and served at 5:30 pm and a hot plate for those exhausted hunters who return hours after the sun has set.

Desert and coffee for the evenings and you may join in for the story / BS sessions.

You will not have time to hunt (except killing mice with an air rifle). This is a demanding job required for hard working deer hunters who take their business seriously.

Must know how to use a fire extinguisher (new for next year) and first aid.

Forward all applications to Dana. :mrgreen:

bsa30-06
11-24-2006, 11:21 PM
If your working in Dana's camp you better know how to use a fire extinguisher as well.lol

Fisher-Dude
11-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Can I bring my quad? :lol:

308BAR
11-24-2006, 11:26 PM
What no foot rubs needed??? :lol:

BCrams
11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Quads allowed. Dana will use it to demonstrate and teach you how to execute a high country tune up for your future encounters of the quad kind.

dana
11-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Don't forget that they need to have excellent gunsmithing skills as well. The amount of abuse the rifles take in our camp (being run over or slammed against a tree) a gunsmith might just be a second position being offered.

dana
11-24-2006, 11:32 PM
As a side note to the quad issue, I have just been asked to host a seminar at the Kamloops Gunshow this March regarding the topic of "High Country Tuneups." Several demonstrations will be conducted. ;) The keynote speaker hails from the land of the Nomad Buck and is affectionately known as Bobcatbess.

TravisC
11-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Just a question ?
Dana wrote a on how to get that trophy mulie witch has some good advice in it. Now my question where are all his pictures i find none. Would like to see what his new camp and (cook) looks like next year, and maybe a pic or 2 of the monster mulies he's taken to back up that thread of his .:lol:

dana
11-24-2006, 11:46 PM
The unfortunate events of the great fire of 06 left lasting scars on all those involved. The cookshack (may it rest in peace) will live long in our memories. Too bad the dishwasher never showed up though. I still have a pile of dirty dishes that the dog won't even clean up for me. That is why the cook/dishwasher/gunsmith/expert canoe paddler/packmule/firetender needs to be hired ASAP. Them dishes are not going to clean themselves.

Kirby
11-24-2006, 11:49 PM
LMAO.

Kirby

Gateholio
11-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Cooking skills?- I am an Executive chef for 2 hotels-CHECK

Gunsmithing skills? - I do most of the owrk on my own rifles and am able to complete simple tasks. I asume a lathe will be unavailable?- Check

Fire extinguisher knowledge?- I have worked in comercail kitchens for 25 years- check

Dishwasher? You guys can clean your own dog dishes.8)

dana
11-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Gatehouse,
The only thing you are lacking is the typing skills. We need someone that will type our stories for us cause our fingers are either burned or just plain cut off. Of course those issues will have been looked after by our cook who will need to have Level 3 first aid. Lets not forget the almost near fatal accident one of our member's was in a few year's back when he was field dressing his buck.

Kirby
11-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Lets not forget the almost near fatal accident one of our member's was in a few year's back when he was field dressing his buck.

LMAO I had forgotten about that.

Kirby

Gateholio
11-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Gatehouse,
The only thing you are lacking is the typing skills. We need someone that will type our stories for us cause our fingers are either burned or just plain cut off. Of course those issues will have been looked after by our cook who will need to have Level 3 first aid. Lets not forget the almost near fatal accident one of our member's was in a few year's back when he was field dressing his buck.

I have stictched up people when we were 7 days, on foot, from any civilization. Many years ina kitchen have made me perfectly capable of dealing wiht cuts, burns, and even heavy abdominal bleeding due to knife wounds.

I do not type well, ut there is always spell check, which I suppose I could use. Except that woudl make everyone like me too much8-)

Mark_S
11-25-2006, 01:03 AM
hahaha,

I just thought of those huge sausage like fingers Gatehouse must club away at the keyboard with.

Gateholio
11-25-2006, 01:12 AM
hahaha,

I just thought of those huge sausage like fingers Gatehouse must club away at the keyboard with.

Youmake me sad...:sad: even my new IMAC computron keyboard hates me...I used to use my laptop...:sad:

Doe See Doe
11-25-2006, 08:09 AM
No one has mentioned what the compensation for this position is.
Maybe just being in the presence of that great camp would be enough ;-)

timber
11-25-2006, 08:42 AM
5 am thats great, :lol: my cook is up at 3:30 lights his own fire then truns the key for the gen in a big log cabin.

Will
11-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Well the Benefits must Outweigh the Risks.......
From what I've heard the "Chosen One" would need some extra Insurance coverage..... :lol:

Hunting should be Fun & entertaining or why Bother ?
You Guys are certainly "Entertaining" :lol:

bsa30-06
11-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Definately a good sense of humor in this thread , keep it up boys this is funny.

ringo
11-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Sounds good, I just want the right hind quarter of each animal harvested.

000buck
11-25-2006, 06:29 PM
[quote=Will]Well the Benefits must Outweigh the Risks.......
From what I've heard the "Chosen One" would need some extra Insurance coverage..... :lol:

called my agent today told him of the plan ..... they cancelled my policy:-(

Steeleco
11-25-2006, 09:00 PM
So is this the new HBC reality show??, Just think of all the TV revenue Marc!!!!

dana
11-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Great idea. It will be the HBC Survivor Edition. 12 members thrown out into the bush and the last one standing gets to be part of the imfamous crew of misfits for Muley Camp 07. ;)

StoneChaser
11-25-2006, 09:47 PM
So let me get this straight... to be on the team I must be able to do the following:

1. Drive over my rifle
2. Burn down the wall tent
3. Tip a canoe
4. Stab myself in the groin
5. Neglect rifle care so my safety won't work
6. Blow a 40 yard shot at the buck of my dreams?

That is a tall order... no wonder only 0.01% of the hunters in BC can run with you fellas (grin).

StoneChaser

Will
11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Seems that the only Buck Fever around here is when I post up and the thread gets a zillion views.
You definately Draw a Crowd don't you ? :lol:

Well You are an Honest Standup Fella NO doubt about it.......You Posted stuff you KNOW was gonna get you "Jabbed" and you Take it in Good Fun !
Good for you !

Now Go Practise Your 40 yard shots......U SCHMUCK ! :razz:

:lol: :wink:

Gateholio
11-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Why yes I did indeed miss a sheep last year dana- In fact I posted about it on your other thread:

Dana

It must be very dissapointing to wound a deer that you have been chasing for years!!

I recall that sick feeling last year when I thougth I had made a clean hit, but I made a complete miss, due to incorrectly judging the angle, and the worst part about it was that I *knew* better, I had a super accurate rifle wiht excellent optics, premium handloads and I practice alot. ...The bullet went exaclty where I knew it was supposed to go, I just didn't have time to think it through, and held wrong

Since I try to learn from my mistakes, much of this summer was spent shooting at longer ranges, from field posiitons, to improve my marksmanship, and increase my knowledge of trajectory and wind doping. This is helpful knowledge, which makes you aware of your bullets path from 0-whatever range you practice at.

Works for 40 yard shots, too 8)

Elkhound
11-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Pretty funny boys. Good for you to laugh about it all. Thats all we can do eh. Anyone who can't laugh at themself is in real trouble in this world.

As for the position in camp. Just tell me where and when. I will also show up a day early so we can beat the hell out of a Rem 710 and get it all out of our systems before we head out:lol:

Stone Sheep Steve
11-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Maybe BCrams actually ran over Matt's rifle and did a quick swap while no one was looking:lol: !!

SSS

BCLongshot
11-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Wow If I grow a pair of boobs, wear lipstick and high heels too can I come ? Can I ? Oh please can I ?

Fisher-Dude
11-26-2006, 10:48 AM
So let me get this straight... to be on the team I must be able to do the following:

1. Drive over my rifle
2. Burn down the wall tent
3. Tip a canoe
4. Stab myself in the groin
5. Neglect rifle care so my safety won't work
6. Blow a 40 yard shot at the buck of my dreams?

That is a tall order... no wonder only 0.01% of the hunters in BC can run with you fellas (grin).

StoneChaser

Thanks for the list Stoner. I'm a numbers guy (accountant), so of course when dana posted that 99.99% of us have no hope in hell of being any good at hunting mule deer, I was trying to add up where my shortcomings were. I knew my quad was a big strike against me, and probably accounts for 75% right off the bat. The rest I wasn't sure of. Sometimes misadventure follows me, but to screw up to this degree seems highly unlikely. It all adds up now. :rolleyes:

Wow If I grow a pair of boobs, wear lipstick and high heels too can I come ? Can I ? Oh please can I ?

Sorry, but dana already has THREE boobs in camp...BCRams, MattB, and SteveO. :lol:

Islandeer
11-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Yoh you bunch of tent burning,rifle smashing,finger freezing,kong buck missing,canoe tipping muley misfits; keep up the great work!

I have experiance in above mentioned woodcraft skills, though my hunting buddies won't loan me out, even to you bunch of super-human monster-muley killers. Sheer vertical cliffs,inverted,suspended,one toehold, cmon, try harder next time.8)

scoot
11-26-2006, 11:04 PM
The unfortunate events of the great fire of 06 left lasting scars on all those involved. The cookshack (may it rest in peace) will live long in our memories. Too bad the dishwasher never showed up though. I still have a pile of dirty dishes that the dog won't even clean up for me. That is why the cook/dishwasher/gunsmith/expert canoe paddler/packmule/firetender needs to be hired ASAP. Them dishes are not going to clean themselves.

I thought MattB and Steveo got there right after the fire dana? I am sure there hands were not that full. :mrgreen:

Marc
11-29-2006, 09:48 PM
OK I've sanitized this thread, and reopened it. Keep it clean and fun.

Marc.