PDA

View Full Version : elk help

jjpaulis
09-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Anyone hear any elk talking around kelowna? And is it better to hunt elk in the morning or evening? I don't really have much experience hunting elk any help or tips would be appreciated.

Weatherby Fan
09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I have never hunted Elk around Kelowna,but where we hunt in the Kootenay's in October,we hunt from 1 hr before daylight in the morning as they are usually moving from feeding area's to the timber within the first hour of daylight and the reverse in the evening.
We have had the most success in the morning catching them b4 heading in to the timber for bedding.
During the day we have a few spots we work on low benches near the feeding areas that they bed,just be careful about pushing them as when they start moving they keep going for a while.
WF

Wrayzer
09-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I've had em bugling as late as 11 this year around the okanagan, had two bugling at each other less than 50 yards away on both sides of me. Our crew has called 5 bulls less than 50 yards each and all have been raghorn 5 points.

OutWest
09-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Putting your boots on the ground is the only way you'll know. Good luck getting any info on here.

jjpaulis
09-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Guess i'll strap on the boots and get out there in the am