PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunt Pemberton, any deer?

Quince
09-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Went bow hunting north of pemberton open day for a week. Saw some doe's, was stalked twice by a black bear, and came within 20yrds of a cow moose...... Went back up again for another weekend and NOTHING. Anyone else having buck issues? Anyone else punch their tag there?

2tins
09-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Don't sweat it, the deer in Pemby allways taste like late season rutt'n bucks. I'd hunt elsewhere and try to find some white tails.

new hunter
09-27-2012, 05:06 PM
I've checked the Soo and the rutherford so far , very little fresh sign to speak of .
I'll be going up the hurley this coming weekend , Although I'm always hoping to see a shooter , I treat these early season trips like scouting trips before the weather turns and the bucks come down from the hills .
From what I hear , if you want an early buck in pemby you need to get up to the high alpine .

TheProvider
09-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Pembie is a tough area to hunt specially with the warm weather. Best advice for blacktails in the sea to sky. Find an area and don't give up on it. I haven't even been out yet. I'll go out soon to check cams but won't get to hard into it until its cold and wet.

Quince
09-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Guess i wasnt high up enough. Lots of small trails going up/down but couldnt nail down any real runs. Funny enough all the activity was within sight(100m) of our camp site(3/4 the way up the hurly)

TheProvider
09-27-2012, 09:01 PM
High Elevation, deep dark timber, go slow. They'll be bedded shortly after sunrise in this heat

IHUNTBC
09-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Saw a doe, many bear, two coyotes, not a whole lot else.................too hot yet.......

Quince
09-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah blackbear was a good surprise while out with the bow. Got the shotgun pretty quick the 1st time, even fired a warning shot over his head when he turned on me. Bear didnt run, thought i was gonna have to put a slug in him. Ended up walking off. Second time he was even closer but at least ran when i chased him. Maybe i have to stop eating blueberries with my oatmeal.

Iron Sighted
09-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Have seen a nice four point along the road and in the fields just off the road before the industrial park three times now. I know others have seen him as well. I saw him last almost two weeks ago.

TheProvider
09-27-2012, 09:22 PM
If your in berry patches you'll have bears trying to "run" you out of their feeding area. They have to fatten up heavily right now and don't want to share with anyone

IHUNTBC
09-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Hurly is the place to be, have to go high ok, they are there, just plug away at it and one will cross your path sooner or later.......good luck,,,,,

Quince
09-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Was a teenager bear, I wasn't really in berries, only berries i was was around was the ones from my tupperware. Didnt want to shoot him with bow or gun but he got way too close for comfort be it a bluff charge or not. He could have at least spooked some bucks out for me.