PDA

View Full Version : Notice to EK antlerless elk hunters- MU 4-20 esspecially

boothcreek
09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi fellow hunters, just thought I post this here since I am very dissapointed in the identification skills and etiquette of some.

On Sunday sept 23rd, shots rang out the far end of our property in the morning on the crownland. Sounded too close to be legal so we investigated, found our Dunn coloured breeding Miniture dexter bull shot thru both shoulders on our own pasture (in case its not clear ON posted PRIVATE PROPERTY).

As a hunter I am so dissapointed I better call it disgusted to the nines.
Besides the fact of whoever fired said shot did not identify the animal properly(c'mon, he is a burly evenly chocolate brown bull that stands 40 inches at the tallest point of his back and with his thick neck cant even lift his head higher then his shoulders), they shot onto private property, and due to landscape they also shot towards our house!!!!!! I rather not get shot sitting in our yard while people are aiming at our cattle on the pasture. Or while we are going for a walk with the dogs on our fenceline.

Please, make sure you correctly identify what animal you aiming at, in what direction roads and dwellings are, and if you do make a mistake and shoot someones pet on their own property, you better come crawling up the driveway saying your sorry and deal with the consequences properly.

I thought I bring this to everyones attention, I doubt I will find out who shot our poor Henry but I want to make sure people are aware of it.

Cheers

monasheemountainman
09-27-2012, 01:34 PM
jesus your taking that like a man. sorry to hear about your loss.

monasheemountainman
09-27-2012, 01:35 PM
excuse me if your a lady i meant your taking it well!

jig55
09-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Sorry to hear that happened hope everyone takes the extra time to make sure before pulling the triger

d6dan
09-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Man, that sucks..I hope you called RAPP.

Spy
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
That is crazy ! Sorry to hear about your loss ! Did you catch the idiots ,call the cops ? That is just plain stupid, serious how dumb can someone be !

Weatherby Fan
09-27-2012, 01:50 PM
"WOW" is all I can say,I'm trying to respond to this but I am totally out of words,this is unbelievable.
WF

Spy
09-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Is this an LEH hunt !

09-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Sad for sure, but even sadder that it's not surprising. This kind of act is another nail in the coffin for BC hunting. Between reckless shooting, driving drunk, and leaving beer cans and garbage all over the place, it's a wonder "hunters" are still tolerated at all.

Maybe IQ testing should be given at the same time as the CORE??

boothcreek
09-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Its open season on cow elk, so some hunters see a tan animal and every other common sense seems to go out the window.

Sadly the CO couldnt help us much since the guy had high tailed out of there by the time we got down there to see if someone shot an animal on our side of the fence or the crownland side(btw, I hope everyone knows they need to be at least 100m from a property line, and then NOT shoot at the property, right?).
So not even a vehicle ID or anything, so no one can do much.

I am so ticked its not even funny, I consider myself a very mellow girl, not easily angered(no point getting angry at stupid people, they dont get why your angry) but this has me seething, I am shaking Im so angry.

What frightens me is that it seems anyone hunting behind our farm seems to lost the common sense, our farm goes up a hill side and guys will be ontop of the mountain shooting down towards either our property or the road(school bus stop right there too which has our neighbours hiding their kids behind the vehicle in case of lead flying) and lots of neighbours on the other side of said road.

markt308
09-27-2012, 02:04 PM
beyond disapointing. scary that people like that are out there hunting. sorry you have to deal with that. just brutal. i guess life goes on

Spy
09-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Sad for sure, but even sadder that it's not surprising. This kind of act is another nail in the coffin for BC hunting. Between reckless shooting, driving drunk, and leaving beer cans and garbage all over the place, it's a wonder "hunters" are still tolerated at all.

Maybe IQ testing should be given at the same time as the CORE??

I agree the walls are going to start closing on us soon because of a handfull of idiots !

Spy
09-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Its open season on cow elk, so some hunters see a tan animal and every other common sense seems to go out the window.

Sadly the CO couldnt help us much since the guy had high tailed out of there by the time we got down there to see if someone shot an animal on our side of the fence or the crownland side(btw, I hope everyone knows they need to be at least 100m from a property line, and then NOT shoot at the property, right?).
So not even a vehicle ID or anything, so no one can do much.

I am so ticked its not even funny, I consider myself a very mellow girl, not easily angered(no point getting angry at stupid people, they dont get why your angry) but this has me seething, I am shaking Im so angry.

What frightens me is that it seems anyone hunting behind our farm seems to lost the common sense, our farm goes up a hill side and guys will be ontop of the mountain shooting down towards either our property or the road(school bus stop right there too which has our neighbours hiding their kids behind the vehicle in case of lead flying) and lots of neighbours on the other side of said road.

This is just crazy ! I hope someone on this forum knows something & can help! If it is any consolation not all hunters are Idiots ! I hope you find the idiot that did this ! Did you find a bullet or any other evidence like a spent shell case ! I would phone the RCMP and report it sounds like a dangerous situation you are living with!

boothcreek
09-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I know not all hunters are idiots, but there are some that are just unbelievable.

Life goes on, and I guess thats the price we pay for living with being bordered by crownland 2/3 of the property... and without evidence both police and Cos just kinda go, "OK, sorry can't help ya without evidence other then the bullet holes in the animal".

Ozone
09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
(btw, I hope everyone knows they need to be at least 100m from a property line, and then NOT shoot at the property, right?)

Can you please point out were in the regs I can find this.

Spy
09-27-2012, 02:23 PM
I know not all hunters are idiots, but there are some that are just unbelievable.

Life goes on, and I guess thats the price we pay for living with being bordered by crownland 2/3 of the property... and without evidence both police and Cos just kinda go, "OK, sorry can't help ya without evidence other then the bullet holes in the animal".
Sounds like you need a trail camera on your property ! A video cam would be a good investment to document this utter disrespect for you & your property !

09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I grew up on a farm, and when I was a kid, one of our neighbours lost their Black Angus bull to an archer, who thought it was a moose. How that's possible at archery ranges is beyond me, unless the hunter had some significant uncorrected refractive error. On the upside, the hunter did take ownership of his actions, and paid for the bull.

Most hunters are ethical, reasonable, intelligent people, but unfortunately, the hunting fraternity has a few members who are so incredibly stupid, selfish, and unethical, that they taint the rest of us.

Spy
09-27-2012, 02:25 PM
What a typical comment from you ! Go feed your fish !

boothcreek
09-27-2012, 02:27 PM

Thats what the CO told me, not within 100 m of private propery.

I do have a trail cam set-up(which - surprise surprise- I "confiscated" from a trespasser, oddly enough he never came to the house looking for it, wonder why?) but I have it watching the main game trail going into our farm, there is just too many places for people to cross I could never afford that many cameras.

Ozone
09-27-2012, 02:31 PM
What a typical comment from you ! Go feed your fish !
WTF is your problem. I asked a question about something he posted as I had never heard the rule before and would like to look it up. Last I heard that wasnt against the rules here. Besides, who the **** are you to tell me what to do.

Good2bCanadian
09-27-2012, 02:32 PM
What a joke.
Sorry to hear about this.

Tenacious Billy
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your bull. This is a good question though,...obviously the "NOT shooting towards an adjacent property" is a no-brainer, but where in the regs does it say 100m from private property?...

Ozone
09-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Thats what the CO told me, not within 100 m of private propery.

Thanks for that. I have never heard that rule before and could have a large impact for us near TimberWest property.

Spy
09-27-2012, 02:41 PM
WTF is your problem. I asked a question about something he posted as I had never heard the rule before and would like to look it up. Last I heard that wasnt against the rules here. Besides, who the **** are you to tell me what to do.
I have always thought of you as an ignorant person! You just proved it ! Now go feed your farmed fish !

Spy
09-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I can't believe some don't know the law when it comes to shooting near a house,school ect !how did you pass your core ! Not only that how about common sense !

Ozone
09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
I can't believe some don't know the law when it comes to shooting near a house,school ect !how did you pass your core ! Not only that how about common sense !

He makes no mention of a house or school, just privite property. Maybe you can point us to the rule? I am not talking about what common sence is, just what the written rule says.

Spy
09-27-2012, 03:35 PM
He makes no mention of a house or school, just privite property. Maybe you can point us to the rule? I am not talking about what common sence is, just what the written rule says.
Go do your own grunt work !

Drillbit
09-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Also;

btw, I hope everyone knows they need to be at least 100m from a property line.

I thought it was unlawful to discharge a firearm within 100M from an occupied dwelling without owners permission.

Can you show me where it says I can't hunt/shoot within 100m of a property line, I've never heard of this from a landowner or hunting point of view.

Woops. Didn't read through and see the drama before asking. Serious question though.

Tenacious Billy
09-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I thought it was unlawful to discharge a firearm within 100M from an occupied dwelling without owners permission.

Can you show me where it says I can't hunt/shoot within 100m of a property line, I've never heard of this from a landowner or hunting point of view.

As far as I can see, it doesn't say that....anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Drillbit
09-27-2012, 03:58 PM
As far as I can see, it doesn't say that....anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I looked it up for the other thread in open chat, and I don't think it's in there. CO's say the darndest things.

Buckmeister
09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
It seems that when it comes to the "easy" elk or moose hunting opportunities, say elk in alfalpha fields or nice grazing land or a heavy moose population in a quick and easy to get to location, that you get an influx of opportunist hunters and some of them loose their brains and ethics out the window. I've heard/seen of 20 hunters hunting 1 animal in an area less than 1/2 kilometer square, very scary.

I've also been blessed to live on a very large tract of land the past few years with some good game on it. The land is posted and fenced, yet I continue to find tresspassers on an almost DAILY occurance spring, summer, and fall. Had two fellows last fall sneek in through a fence broken by a fallen tree and they shot a buck in the middle of the property. I found the evidence the next day. The same two morons had the gall to try it again a few days later. That's when I caught them. They had no end of excuses:
- we've barely seen any game all season
- the fence was broken so we thought it was ok
- the previous owner used to let us hunt here
My response was: big fat hairy deal guys, not my fault you can't find animals legaly, fence or no fence you know it's private land and that your tresspassing, and surprise surprise, the previous owner is dead and his permission ended years ago!!!! Go away and NEVER come back!!!!

d6dan
09-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your bull. This is a good question though,...obviously the "NOT shooting towards an adjacent property" is a no-brainer, but where in the regs does it say 100m from private property?...

Here's the Unlawful to: rule

No Hunting Areas
It is unlawful to hunt or discharge a
firearm within 100 metres of a church,
school building, school yard, playground,
regional district park, dwelling house, or farm
or ranch building that is occupied by persons
or domestic animals. Owners and occupiers
or their employees or agents are exempted
near dwelling houses or farm or ranch buildings
for the purpose of slaughtering livestock.

Tenacious Billy
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM

No Hunting Areas

Yes. But it was the OPs suggestion that it was unlawful to hunt within 100m of a private property line that was in question.....the key word in that passage is building/dwelling.

I think it goes without saying that hunting/discharging a firearm within 100m of someone's place of dwelling is a no-no. I was looking for clarification on the "within 100m of private property"....this would have considerably more impact on hunters than "within 100m of a dwelling/building".........

t-bone
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear hear about your bull. My hunting partner years ago was also shot at, just missed him thank god! Another ignorant hunter that gives us all a bad name when this happens. Hopefully someone turns in ths killer as he certainly isn`t a hunter.

d6dan
09-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes. But it was the OPs suggestion that it was unlawful to hunt within 100m of a private property line that was in question.....the key word in that passage is building/dwelling.

I think it goes without saying that hunting/discharging a firearm within 100m of someone's place of dwelling is a no-no. I was looking for clarification on the "within 100m of private property"....this would have considerably more impact on hunters than "within 100m of a dwelling/building".........

Well the OP lives there on her farm and the unlawful to hunt within 100 meters rule clearly states "or farm". No doubt the CO said that to her regarding her farm property.

Tenacious Billy
09-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Well...I guess your reading skills are better than mine, because I read "farm or ranch dwelling that is occupied by persons"......So you have to be 100m from that dwelling....NOT from the private property per se.

If you've got a 2000 acre parcel that's surrounded by crown land and there's 1 house at 1 end of the property, you're suggesting you'd still need to be 100m from the property line at the end of the private property that does not have the dwelling on it??......

Hunter Dog
09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
looks to me like it reads,"...or farm or ranch building..." with building being the key word.

Hunter Dog
09-27-2012, 04:33 PM
There are no excuses for this disgusting deed pulled off by some ahole.

Piperdown
09-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Absolutely unacceptable, I would be totally pissed and not taking it as well as you, good on you for keeping a level head about it all and sorry this happened to you, hope they catch the ones responsible.

d6dan
09-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Well...I guess your reading skills are better than mine, because I read "farm or ranch dwelling that is occupied by persons"......So you have to be 100m from that dwelling....NOT from the private property per se.

If you've got a 2000 acre parcel that's surrounded by crown land and there's 1 house at 1 end of the property, you're suggesting you'd still need to be 100m from the property line at the end of the private property that does not have the dwelling on it??......

No i'm not suggesting anything. The way its written is confusing to more than just me. I read it as "unlawful to discharge or hunt 100 meters from occupied buildings, not property lines.

Who knows, maybe the Op's house or barns are next to her property line?. Maybe thats why the CO said that to her?.

Hunter Dog
09-27-2012, 04:51 PM
You're right on this d6dan, unless you know the property its hard to say what the lay out is.

Whonnock Boy
09-27-2012, 04:51 PM
It baffles me how someone would mistake a cow for an elk..... RIP Henry.

Spy
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM

No Hunting Areas

In additional, all local governments prohibit the discharge of firearms "within 150 metres of any workshop place of business, public highway or the place where persons may be assembled or engaged in work of any kind". That means her fence line !

fuzzybiscuit
09-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Crappy situation either way. Sorry to hear about your loss, boothcreek.

Ozone
09-27-2012, 05:28 PM
In additional, all local governments prohibit the discharge of firearms "within 150 metres of any workshop place of business, public highway or the place where persons may be assembled or engaged in work of any kind". That means her fence line !

So by going by your rules, you would have to be 100m from TimberWest land also as they may be working there

Hillbros_96
09-27-2012, 05:29 PM
As a fellow Dexter owner, I feel your pain and wonderment how in the world you could mistake a Dexter bull for a cow elk.

daywalker
09-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I also believe the property line rule comes into effect because there is live stock present.

boothcreek
09-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Behold the mighty stumpy legged pygmy elk....... the similarity is uncanny to its larger rocky mountain counterpart....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/Pheasants4ever/Henrydec12th2011.jpg

At this point all I can do is shake my head take a deep breath and hope he got all our cows and we will get a bull calf from him with his same temperament.

As for the private property/ shooting restrictions, I think the pasture due to it containing livestock, is considered a dwelling of some sort, i dunno. I am just going by what the CO told me( with the cows standing at the fence/property line in question to see what we are doing there).

Spy
09-27-2012, 06:41 PM
So by going

by your rules, you would have to be 100m from TimberWest land also as they may be working there

You have being eating to much farmed fish & it's effecting your thought process !
Firstly these are not my rules !
Secondly as far as I know there is no live stock on Timber West's lands or dwelling's !
Timber west has nothing to do with the OP's cows being shot !
If you want to carry on this discussion pm me !

riflebuilder
09-27-2012, 07:20 PM
It is sad to hear about your pet. Some butthead shot a horse just east of Jaffray last year too. People need to show some respect, it pisses me off when I hear this kinda crap.

bugler
09-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Hey Boothcreek, sorry to hear about the bull. I live up Pighin Rd not far from you and there has been a few shenanigans here also. One particular, black toyota driving, dirtbag has been involved in the downing of two spike bulls in the last few days. CO's got them, thankfully, but I hear his partner took the rap for both. Maybe this truck was over your way on the day in question?

As a passionate hunter I am a bit unsettled to find that I am developing a dislike for hunters based on the behavior that I see around these Zone X "obvious" elk. We will stay vigilant on these local poachers and hopefully put them out of commission soon.

300H&H
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
And this story is a good reason my Dad & I had a hard time with trying to get permission to hunt our LEH cow/calf elk 2 years ago.

boothcreek
09-28-2012, 06:39 AM
So thats where those 2 spike bulls came from that the CO brought into my work(ricks meats) couple days ago. I wonder if they are from our small little herd here(not sure where all they range) cause since the 21st they havent shown up on my cam anymore and those boys were regulars. Same with the 6 cows that herd is made of, but I think the big 5 point is hiding the girls in the park across the road.

That truck wasn't there that day, but I am sure I have seen him a couple times stopped at the bottom pasture glassing the property(looking at the does grazing with the cows).

We use to be open to people getting permission to hunt on our property, but over the last few years people have been getting increasingly careless. Last summer we had 2 guys who wanted to shoot some gophers(great, i cant stay ontop of those by myself), we went over the rules -not towards livestock, roads or the neighbours(which are all across the road, so there are enough uninhabited woods to shoot towards). About 30 mins later we see our neighbour drive down there and have a very "animated" conversation with the guys after which he came up here and the guys took off real quiet like to never be seen again. Turned out they were shooting towards his house(across the road too), got holes in the wall and a bullet zip past the kids on their trampoline.......

REMINGTON JIM
09-28-2012, 07:35 AM
I READ it and i am still shaking my head on how erresponsible :?: :shock: people can be ! It is amazing and not in a good way ! :sad: RJ

Brez
09-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your bull. It's really disturbing that someone could have been injured. These people aren't hunters. They are just lazy people with guns. Hope you catch them.

sawmill
09-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news.

Also;

Correct.You can lean off the fence post if you want to.Just be 100 meters from buildings.

The Dude
09-28-2012, 08:45 AM

You're not allowed to shoot over fences, very clear in the Regs.
Might wanna back off on this one, O3

The Hermit
09-28-2012, 08:49 AM
What a total bummer... I feel a touch of your anger and hope someone rats-out who ever did this.

I am not making excuses for the behaviour of the guilty here but I can understand how people can mis-identify domestic animals as game animals. Hell, I once glassed my own motorcycle at last light cause my brain was convinced that the mirrors were antlers... no I didn't shoot it! LOL The very least the guilty should have done was, as you say, crawl up to your house and make amends. It wouldn't fix it but at least you would have had some compensation.

Too bad your neighbor didn't call the cops on the criminally negligent gopher hunters instead of running them off... hopefully you took their names and can report them.

Ozone
09-28-2012, 08:57 AM
You're not allowed to shoot over fences, very clear in the Regs.
Might wanna back off on this one, O3

It was the "must be 100m from the property line" that I was questioning. But since you brought it up, where does it say "You're not allowed to shoot over fences"?

The Dude
09-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Read the Regs, Ozone, I'm not gonna do homework for lazy hunters.

Any pics of the dead bull, Boothcreek?

d6dan
09-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Any pics of the dead bull, Boothcreek?

Post #48 Dude..:???:

The Dude
09-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Cheers Dan, but that Bull is alive.

Wackman
09-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Sorry about your bull, boothcreek! I have the feeling that it was not mistaken identity but that someone was looking for a little beef in the freezer. I think they knew what and where they were shooting at.

Tenacious Billy
09-28-2012, 09:32 AM

Hey Spy, where did you find this?

Jagermeister
09-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Sorry about your bull, boothcreek! I have the feeling that it was not mistaken identity but that someone was looking for a little beef in the freezer. I think they knew what and where they were shooting at.
It is easy to accuse hunters of being the perpetrators of the heinous act of shooting the bull. After seeing the bull in picture, I cannot see how a hunter would mistake that for an elk. Maybe if your buckskin horse if you have one could be mistaken for a cow elk, but certainly not that red bull.
If I were you Boothcreek, I would be looking closer to home. I quoted Wackman with reference to " that it was not mistaken identity ".
My theory is someone has issue with you, perhaps someone you pissed off in a major manner and that person(s) has retaliated. It is not to say that it has been a recent incident where you riled someone. It is just a convenient time for a person to carry out the act of shooting your bull, hiding under the guise of hunters. The timing broadens the list of suspects because people are hunting and the sound of a firearm discharging is more prevalent at this time of year.

Spy
09-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Hey Spy, where did you find this?
I've got the link on my Mac at home ! Will post it up later if you have not found it !
Do some digging & reading it did not take me long to find ! Key words ,discharging a firearm near dwelling/ property east koots. I can't understand some people's logic around this ! If you are going to be putting people's lives & livestock & property at risk, then it is obvious to me, not a good place to shoot/hunt there ! No brainer to me,suppose I think different to others !
Have at her I'm done with educating people who can't think logically!

Tenacious Billy
09-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I've got the link on my Mac at home ! Will post it up later if you have not found it !
Do some digging & reading it did not take me long to find ! Key words ,discharging a firearm near dwelling/ property east koots. I can't understand some people's logic around this ! If you are going to be putting people's lives & livestock & property at risk, then it is obvious to me, not a good place to shoot/hunt there ! No brainer to me,suppose I think different to others !
Have at her I'm done with educating people who can't think logically!

Obviously people need to think logically and obey rules/regulations when they're out hunting/shooting - that goes without saying. But you're suggesting that you can't discharge a firearm within 150m of someone's fence line. I can't find it in the Regs or the Wildlife Act and was looking for some clarification.

Husky7mm
09-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Zone X scares the hell out of me, I have seen dead cow elk during the spike season and dead spikes during the cow season..... My camo has brown in it similar to the coulor of an elk. People go nuts over the possibility of an elk.....Zone X what a siht show they can have it!!!!!

boneswells
09-28-2012, 11:49 AM
That's not an accident, that sounds more like a "just to see if I can hit it" scenario. I was driving thru a rural area to do some hunting when I noticed something lying on the side of the road. It had a sign above it that said "this gives all hunters a bad name" it was a black and white goat with yup bullet holes in it.

Good2bCanadian
09-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Probably idiots out enjoying Budweiser target practice.
Asshats!!!

Put a sign up! Informing neighbours and people travelling by exactly what took place and when.
This should get the community aware, people will start talking, and who knows, maybe someone may refresh there memory.

When my truck got broken into, I made a sign and put it up on my lawn.
"Thieves at work, so and so date"

Before I knew it, a couple neighbours came forward that they got hit as well, and that a local tall bum was seen in the area. Have never seen the guy around again. Pretty much makes him my suspect.

Hopefully these "poachers" get what they deserve. Karmas a bitch you shit rats!! Just wait, maybe one day they will get what's coming to them.

Shitty deal tho.

bugler
09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
That truck wasn't there that day, but I am sure I have seen him a couple times stopped at the bottom pasture glassing the property(looking at the does grazing with the cows).

One thing you might notice about this particular black toyota is it either has no daytime running lights or he drives around with the E Brake on one click to keep them off. CO has told us to call him any time we see him up our way and I'm sure he'd like to hear about it if he's glassing your deer also.

The Dude
09-28-2012, 08:56 PM
My friends in Region 3 get deer shot off their property every year, sometimes at night.
From the paved road, over the fence, onto their irrrigated hayfields.
The fenceline is posted all along the road, but that doesn't stop these clowns.

butthead
09-28-2012, 09:02 PM
you have to love a good idiot dont you

Hunter Dog
09-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Just because I have to ask: if you were standinig on the other side of the fence; could ya shoot?

My friends in Region 3 get deer shot off their property every year, sometimes at night.
From the paved road, over the fence, onto their irrrigated hayfields.
The fenceline is posted all along the road, but that doesn't stop these clowns.

dd3boss
09-29-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm sorry about your loss. I can imagine how frustrating it is to not be able to bring to justice brainless wonders such as those. I frequently hunt an area with only one road in and numerous times have seen people driving in at night time while I drive out. There is nothing in this area but cut blocks. These people are obviously hunting at night. A call to the CO was a waste of time as they took details but only said they might follow up on it. Of course over the next week not a CO was seen in the area. I remember reading of many moose being shot and left in the bush over the last few years. These people make us hunters not only look bad, but steal resources from us. They also make it hard for decent hunters to get landowners permission to hunt. More CO's might help. Maybe an open season on stupidity?

TIKA 300
09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi fellow hunters, just thought I post this here since I am very dissapointed in the identification skills and etiquette of some.

On Sunday sept 23rd, shots rang out the far end of our property in the morning on the crownland. Sounded too close to be legal so we investigated, found our Dunn coloured breeding Miniture dexter bull shot thru both shoulders on our own pasture (in case its not clear ON posted PRIVATE PROPERTY).

As a hunter I am so dissapointed I better call it disgusted to the nines.
Besides the fact of whoever fired said shot did not identify the animal properly(c'mon, he is a burly evenly chocolate brown bull that stands 40 inches at the tallest point of his back and with his thick neck cant even lift his head higher then his shoulders), they shot onto private property, and due to landscape they also shot towards our house!!!!!! I rather not get shot sitting in our yard while people are aiming at our cattle on the pasture. Or while we are going for a walk with the dogs on our fenceline.

Please, make sure you correctly identify what animal you aiming at, in what direction roads and dwellings are, and if you do make a mistake and shoot someones pet on their own property, you better come crawling up the driveway saying your sorry and deal with the consequences properly.

I thought I bring this to everyones attention, I doubt I will find out who shot our poor Henry but I want to make sure people are aware of it.

Cheers

HOLY CHIT,sorry to hear !!!
Was out there sunday afternoon to thursday and steered way away from the farms,it's simple respect and stayed above the 1100m mark for posted said reasons (anterless gong show)

Allen50
09-29-2012, 10:46 AM
wow i see a lot of fighting over the 100m thing of someones property, im thinking you drove past the place and saw a deer, elk, moose on the land and though if you can find away around the farm with out going on it you might get a animal easy,, well i think this is bad news,, you do not know where the owner might be working on the farm,, and your shooting over his farm,,wow there are so many places to hunt,, if you see something go ask permission to hunt there,, if not go someother place away from the farm land,this is the king of stuff that gets hunting a bad name,, from those that dont hunt,,and if your fighting over where it says 100m from the fench, maybe you should go back to the core course and see if you learned about hunting around privot property,,just looking for trouble,,i think if your shooting animals on someones farm your not taging them eather,,, but your the one going to have to explane to a co or cop what your doing shooting over someones farm,, if you want to lose your hunting right,, keep up the crap, hunt over a farm with out permission,,,, any way just my 2cents worth,,, good luck getting that beef out with out getting cough,,,, lol lol,,,yea your a hunter,,, right,,,

The Dude
09-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Just because I have to ask: if you were standinig on the other side of the fence; could ya shoot?

If you were standing on the other side of the fence, you would be trespassing.

ravensfoot
10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I can't believe this happens still today. Un F**ing believable. I hope the person that did this gets caught, even though that is doubtful.