PDA

View Full Version : Removing scratches from TIKKA synthetic stock

Brez
09-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Does anyone know the best method for removing deep scratches from a TIKKA-3 synthetic stock? Could it be sanding, or heating, or??
Thanks

keoke
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
maybe try some shoe polish to fill it in? or fill it in with some epoxy and do a custom paint job. Check out my t3 that i painted in my gallery.

Mr. Dean
09-27-2012, 04:55 PM
A cabinet builder put me on to this; Contractors Secret.

I had som FUGLY scratches on a lami floor and, Nock My Socks Off Suzie!!! It worked like non other.
Good shtuff. :mrgreen:

swampthing
09-28-2012, 05:46 AM

I had som FUGLY scratches on a lami floor and, Nock My Socks Off Suzie!!! It worked like non other.
Good shtuff. :mrgreen:

You lost me here . The product is called knock my socks off suzie?

tuchodi
09-28-2012, 06:07 AM

Good stuff. :mrgreen:
I have tried to find that product but have come up empty. Can you tell me where you got it.

betteroffishing
09-28-2012, 08:00 AM
the product is , if im reading correctly " contractors secret "

Brez
09-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Sorry, but the only thing I could come up with when I searched "contractors secret" is a rust remover.

Mr. Dean
09-28-2012, 10:53 AM
My Bad. :sad:
It's called; Trade Secret.

IIRC. I got it from, Home (Our Stores Suck) Depot.

Brez
09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
looked Trades Secret up and it seems it's for wood repair. Is there any other way to touch up a synthetic stock?

BearStump
09-28-2012, 11:13 AM
fill the deep scratches with bondo. sand smooth and have cobra imaging put a cool wrap on it.

Or just call it a battle wound and realize that a rifle is not a show piece, but a tool to kill animals .

Brez
09-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Normally I wouldn't bother, but it's new - like a new truck - the first scratch/dent hurts but then it's all good. You are right, I'll smooth them out and then they will be memories of the hunt.
Thanks everyone

fill the deep scratches with bondo. sand smooth and have cobra imaging put a cool wrap on it.

Or just call it a battle wound and realize that a rifle is not a show piece, but a tool to kill animals .

Mr. Dean
09-30-2012, 02:35 AM
looked Trades Secret up and it seems it's for wood repair. Is there any other way to touch up a synthetic stock?

The flooring I used it on is a hard synthetic.... The type/name of it eludes me right now but it is pretty tough w/ NO wood products in it.

Dabbed a little on, worked it into the gouge and cleaned off the excess; It was pretty simple.
Waddya got to lose?

The Dude
09-30-2012, 02:53 AM
That's what syntheitc stocks are for. They're FUGLY anyway, might as well give them some stories!

RiverOtter
09-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Personally, I'd just sand the rest of the stock to match, then give it a rattle can overhaul...........

Tupperware is for utility, not beauty.

Mr. Dean
09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
I now remember what that flooring is...... It's *Alure*

Hey, better late than never. :lol:

Mr. Dean
10-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Did it work??????

Brez
10-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Sorry MD I haven't got around to it yet. I'll wait till after the season, just in case I decide to take more shots off of a rock rest again.
Thanks for the tip and I'll check it out - at the risk of wasting my time on a "fugly".
Did it work??????