PDA

View Full Version : November moose in 8-7

Mishka
09-27-2012, 10:22 AM
I lucked out and got a shared bull moose leh for region 8-7 for the month of November. I'm a new hunter (2yrs = 2 deer). I take this seriously and I'm trying to do a lot of research. I'm fortunate to live close enough to the area that I have the option of day trips. But I've only managed to get out there a couple times now due to life getting in the way and the cost of fuel sucks. I'm planning a longer trip in October for mulies and to do some serious scouting.

I'm looking for any bits of info and advice anyone may have on this area. Of course, no honey-holes, etc. So far I've touched on the north and northeast sections. I'm also trying to read up on moose behaviour at that time of year. So any info on that would be great as well. Fyi, I have a quad and I may be doing this on my own as I don't have much confidence in my hunting partner making it.... Thanks everyone!

chinookkiller
09-27-2012, 10:30 AM
i think 8-7 is not easy to found a moose,lots of years hunt there and only one time saw the bull ,around the hamilton pond area,wish you good luck.

kako99
09-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Is that east of white head lake and trout creek main? If so there's a good population of moose in that area. The later the better. Not much action for deer though later in the season. They have moved out by that time.

Mishka
09-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Its directly south of there. Its the area south of the Princton-Summerland rd by Osprey, down to Princton and east to just before Isintok Lake. I believe its the Trout Creek Main that runs through there as well. While driving out of that area on the Isintok fsr the other day, I saw a cow and calf moose cross the road in front of me. I was out of the 8-7 region but it was close enough to make me happy, lol.

wsm
09-27-2012, 03:23 PM
i have seen tons of bulls hamilton pond area. 3 immys and a bunch of bigger one . i generally see them mid oct however