PDA

View Full Version : Attempted Road Block

4 point
09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Seen it before but not for awile. Hunting partner & I head out very early Saturday morning for a 1/2 day mulie hunt. On crown land going to an area I know very well. Heading up to 5,00ft and just as we leave one old logging road on to another bang there is a huge otherwise live tree down over the road from the high bank side. It's pitch black and we're not going that fast as it's a steep rough road but it was hard to see as the brenaches/needles were dark green. Buddy said lets get out the chainsaw and take care of this. I said forget it, will take to long and we'll loose our cover of darkness to get to the top so back we go and around another way and up we went all be it 20 minutes late getting there. Saw lots of deer all morning but no shooters or other hunters.

On the way down at noon my partner says lets go down the road that was blocked as someone would have come along and sawed up the tree by now. I said I don't think so. Down we go and bang into a tree. Again he says lets chainsaw it out and I say wait a second that isn't the same tree. So out we get to take a look and low and behold someone has climbed up the bank about 10 feet and fallin the tree across the road on purpose. We hike down the road about 100 feet and there is the orginal one we cam across and it to was felled on purpose accross the road from about 15 feet up the bank.

What reason these mornons choose to do this I don't know. They are only inconveniencing people, not stopping us from our lawful access to crown land.

Ltbullken
09-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Blaze your way through that!!

The Dude
09-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I would call the RAPP line with all the details. Someone is breaking at least three laws here.

finetuned
09-26-2012, 09:43 AM
What area? and who do you think is doing this?

Jagermeister
09-26-2012, 09:44 AM
report it...........

lovemywinchester
09-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Maybe hunters trying to keep you out?

09-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Report it!! It does no good to rant on here but not report it.

sky-gunner
09-26-2012, 11:32 AM
It is harvest season, could be a big crop coming down and they don't want anyone coming by to look??

Barracuda
09-26-2012, 12:18 PM
probably the same type of "HUNTERS" that block access and try to claim areas with their trucks . Just go onn by it if you can or remove it so it does not impede other lawful hunters.

Davey Crockett
09-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I have seen this before too. Pretty sad that people will resort to cutting a tree in an attempt to get to an area first. What's wrong with an alarm clock?

wicket
09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
we may never know but my gut tells me harvesters. reminds me of a few yrs ago i was out from ont hunting with my bro and we were to hell and gone in the weeds on a fsr back side of a mountain ...come around a corner and there were 2 shady and i mean sketchy lookin dudes getting there stuff together to go harvest. we were going to roll past but one of them stepped from infront of their 70s era truck, which didnt have plates by the way i looked. asked if we were alone and what we were doing, told them yes and we were hunting i lifted my rifle up which i had a hold of and they asked us to find another way back. ah good times

Husky7mm
09-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Some of the most productive hunts I have had was when I walked in instead of cut the tree out and drove....... however it got there!!
Particularlly when it was near the end of the road..... Anywhere you can drive so can everyone else, lace up your boots and goosee whats so special about that spot. Just saying....

BigfishCanada
09-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Interesting, Im curious to what area? is it anywhere near my cabins? I think the growers should be gone by now, cold nights are upon us.

sawmill
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
What area? and who do you think is doing this?

Jelvis.His neck of the woods.

olympia
09-26-2012, 05:56 PM
i was out in squamish a while back and as we were driving up paradise valley road we noticed large rocks across the road, so we got out and removed them and kept driving, on our way out way out we saw a fisherman who was looking at us with a big grin and when we got to the place where the rocks were previously we found he had put them back, we were a little rattled but once again removed the rocks and continues on, about 300 feet down the road a second and even bigger pile of rocks were scattered across the road, what a goof

Lozzie
09-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Wouldn't be surprised, I'm doubtful that it's hunters as you still need to get your game out unless there is access by atv's.

It is harvest season, could be a big crop coming down and they don't want anyone coming by to look??

Jelvis
09-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Sorry but "Stay Off My Mountain!" -- You had someone who was poaching a tree, worth hundreds of dollars.
I would call the MOF and tell them about the healthy tree you saw cut down and where exactly was it?
Jel .. Tree poachers, need a ticket .. those are Crowns trees -- all our tree ..

sparkes3
09-26-2012, 07:35 PM
first one was probally someone that wanted the area to themselves second was probally someone pissed at the person that cut the first one and gave them a little more work to get out.

Big Lew
09-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I've experienced the same situation more than a couple of times....even had a small log bridge pulled up once. That's why I always have a power saw, winch or puller with blocks and lots of extra cable and tree wraps. The last time I took my father hunting (his last) we got a nice buck within a 1/2 mile past the bridge we re-built. One of the former Peterhope Lodge owners made it a habit to drop big trees across the road into the public campsite hoping to divert fisherpersons to his camp. You must remember...they can drop trees etc. in an effort to keep you out, but they also can drop trees etc. in an effort to trap you in.

4 point
09-27-2012, 09:00 AM
I doubt growers where it was. Reported yes anyone care no. As the 2 trees were a long way from where we were going to hike in and as there was another road around & with sunrise coming fast we left it. If it haven't been cut out by the next time we go back in there we'll move them out for sure. My guess (a wild one) on whom it may be that dropped them I wouldn't put on here as i have no direct evidence so it could have been anybody. Whomever went to a little bit of trouble to do it so some thought weird or what went into the decesion to do it. Oh well the sun came up again this morning and life goes on.

The Dude
09-27-2012, 09:03 AM
I must say that i think it's really cool that no-one's blamed FNs, and blamed hunters and Hippies and biker scum.
Maybe we all......are ..equal........after all......

Kumbaya, my friends, kumbaya.

Hey did you call RAPP or not?

Buckmeister
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Slightly off topic...but I'm curious. Now that the trees are down, are they fair firewood game? Not allowed to cut down "live" trees for firewood on crown.

Darksith
09-29-2012, 09:37 AM
poachers may fall a tree or 2 to keep you out. Once I came upon a situation where they had fallen a couple trees, but something had scared them off. A dead moose, 2 quarters missing, 2 quarters in game bags just laying there rotting. Not on the main road, but a small side road...