PDA

View Full Version : moose moving

bc_boy
09-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Finally the weather has turned. Talking to the graderman up where I am working north of fort st james he said he has seen about half a dozen in the last few days. Glad mother nature is co-operting finally just sucks that I can't pack my rifle to work as it's a good drive through prime country on my way home.

Gateholio
09-25-2012, 07:59 AM
I've been working up near Ft Nelson. Been seeing moose on the road on the way into work pretty much every day. I've got a shared moose LEH for October, and was wondering when lay offs were going to happen so I could take full advantage of the LEH. I was worried I'd have to work until Oct 15 but just got notice that we are laid off as of today. Lots of guys are sad but I've got a little secret grin. Will need to find a job in December, but now I'm double stoked for moose hunting :)

Jetboat
09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
It's been unseasonably warm & dry around the Fort St. John area. I've seen a few cows early in the mornings but no bulls and haven't had any responses to calling yet. A change of weather will turn things on.

BiG Boar
09-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Called one in sort of (2 days ago). I saw it, stopped it, and turned it, and had it coming towards me. I had a gun, I fired. More to come....

Piperdown
09-25-2012, 05:08 PM
Good luck Gatehouse remember lots of pics :)

afors
09-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Good to hear! I am headed up Thursday morning to 7-26... Thanks for the update!!!