PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted at local slob hunters.....

Gunsmoke
09-24-2012, 11:07 PM
A colleague of mine and contractor (from out of province) were returning Saturday afternoon from a job site along the upper Stave when they encountered a scene that would disgust just about anyone. They have hunted enough to know something was out of place.

While travelling back along a FSR along the lake they encountered a blacktail doe along the edge of the road that was pulling herself by her front legs; they could see that this animal had been shot either in hip or back and was bleeding heavily from what appeared to be a gun shot wound. At the same time, some one, also travelling along the road, alerted them to the fact that there hunters a little way further down the road dragging a deer along the road.

My colleague and the contractor headed down the road to catch up with the "hunters" to find out what was going on. They caught up to the "hunters"; two young caucasian man in full camo and a young first nations woman, also in full camo accompanying them, and yes, they were dragging a large blacktail buck along the gravel road. They were questioned as to why they shot and left a wounded doe along the road and they did not deny it; of course, no answer. When further questioned whether or not it was legal to shoot a doe, one of the two fellows indicated; "it's ok, because she is first nations". The contractor, being out of province, was very surprised to see the type of equipment the local "hunters" were using and out of curiosity questioned them as to the calibre of rifles they were using ....44 magnums.

My colleague and the contractor offered to drive them to the doe so at least they could finish the mess they started and reluctantly, one of the fellows and the first nations woman accepted a ride back to kill the doe. My colleague and the contractor gave these A$$holes the benefit of the doubt.....personally, I would not.

Stewards of the environment you say....not in my books! We need more COs to nail these SOBs!!

vortex hunter
09-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Wow wow .........

olympia
09-24-2012, 11:34 PM
was it too hard to call co? ever hear of rapp signs? just sayin

Whonnock Boy
09-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Depending on where they shot these deer, maybe something can be done about it. Might want to have a look at the Fraser Valley Special Areas map. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/docs/FVSAH2012Web.pdf

Drillbit
09-25-2012, 12:33 AM
I get the rest of the story, but what's wrong with a 44 mag for deer? Pretty common in Ontario. Legal in BC too, as well as any centerfire.

The Dude
09-25-2012, 05:33 AM
I would find it pretty hard to contain myself in that situation.
If this ever happens guys, take a "Phone call" and turn on the record feature on your phone. Then ask in a "Wow, you guys really know how to hunt!" tone of voice, who the shooters were.
Get names if you can, subtly, and license pics if you can, sub rosa, then turn the whole works over to the COs.
If a non-status cops to being the shooter, he's as liable as anyone, FN BFF or not.

The Dude
09-25-2012, 05:34 AM
44 Mag for Blacktails? Umm...OK.
There's legal, and there's plain dumb.

fearnodeer
09-25-2012, 05:56 AM
Hard to believe they would just leave the doe to die like that.

Jack Russell
09-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Sounds exactly how Stave Lake really is.
Pretty hard to tell who is a carded FN these days.
Shooting deer with handguns isn't legal as far as I know. Don't know what the gun laws are for the FN, if there are any gun laws for FN that is.
Good of you to offer help to put the doe down. Tough spot to be in, watching all that going on and trying to figure out what the truth is, if there was any. The doe isn't suffering any longer.
Sorry to say this, but is it worth your time and effort to report when FN are involved? Do you actually think anything really happens? I know, I know....its a reported incident that might go on the "report card"....
It is frustrating....

huff
09-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Was the doe shot on purpose or by accident . Did she just shoot in the ass and let it take off? I doubt it . seems like she made a bad shot on it then couldn't find it afterwards. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions unless I new exactly what happened.

Take plate #'s and report what you saw. They might not have been doing anything illegal.

StoneChaser
09-25-2012, 06:34 AM
44 Mag for Blacktails? Umm...OK.
There's legal, and there's plain dumb.

The 44 Mag using appropriate bullets and kept within its range (like any cartridge) is a perfectly acceptable blacktail cartridge.

Gateholio
09-25-2012, 06:46 AM
I'd have no problem shooting a deer out to about 200 yards with a 44 magnum or 45Colt or similar. Not sure why that is an issue. Great thick bush guns.

pnbrock
09-25-2012, 06:51 AM
what about the issue of two white guys using a fn status to poach deer?

olympia
09-25-2012, 07:02 AM
how do we know it was fn for sure? could have been fillipino, ei, mexican etc. Race is a non factor in this irresponsible behaviour, why would offer a ride to someone who committed this crime and risk implicationg yourself? what if a co rolled up? would you say you are not part of their hunting crew and you were only offering a ride? would the co beleive you? wouldnt that time have been better spent on the phone to co or maybe taking down plate numbers or vehicle makes? i call bullshit on this one, i suspect some people create negative stories on here and say they saw a native so everyone else can jump in and turn it into a native bashing thread

steel_ram
09-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Yeah Olympia, we're all about bashing natives.:roll: Most of us are fully aware that most FN's contribute to society, many are hard workers, but a few really suck beyond belief, marching under the same banner.

Gateholio
09-25-2012, 07:20 AM
I think we know it was a native woman because it's in the first post.

r106
09-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Sounds exactly how Stave Lake really is.
Pretty hard to tell who is a carded FN these days.
Shooting deer with handguns isn't legal as far as I know. Don't know what the gun laws are for the FN, if there are any gun laws for FN that is.
Good of you to offer help to put the doe down. Tough spot to be in, watching all that going on and trying to figure out what the truth is, if there was any. The doe isn't suffering any longer.
Sorry to say this, but is it worth your time and effort to report when FN are involved? Do you actually think anything really happens? I know, I know....its a reported incident that might go on the "report card"....
It is frustrating....

who said they were using a handgun? I agree with the rest of what you said

What the issue with using a 44 mag for deer hunting? I would think it would be a great caliber for the LM. If they shot the deer in the ass with a 44 mag they would have done it with a 300 wind bag as well.

The next issue is we don't know if anything illegal even happened. What if the FN lady did take the shot at the Doe and it is in here traditional land? They might only be guilty of having a bad shot. We don't know. But with that said it does sound fishy, should have taken plate #'s and called it in.

olympia
09-25-2012, 07:53 AM
next time i witness a crime, instead of calling the cops i will just run to the computer and write about it on this forum...it seems to be more logical to do than to report it, then we can sit around and bash natives and criticize the caliber used, i call bs

coach
09-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Not questioning what you heard, Gunsmoke, but when a thread starts like this:
A colleague of mine and contractor (from out of province) were returning Saturday afternoon from a job site along the upper Stave when they encountered a scene... it's hardly worth the effort to comment on.

When anyone sees something happening that shouldn't be, call The RAPP line. That's what it's for. The CO's or other authorities can make the decision whether or not to follow up. If we all do our part, alleged incidents like this one have a chance of being dealt with.

Lozzie
09-25-2012, 08:07 AM
I get the rest of the story, but what's wrong with a 44 mag for deer? Pretty common in Ontario. Legal in BC too, as well as any centerfire.

Um, most guys I know use 7mm mag for moose and mule deer. I think 44 mag is little overkill and question any individuals ability to shoot it more accurately in the field over a smaller caliber rifle. (Not easy to kill a deer by shooting it in the ass). I think it better to shoot better than to shoot bigger, and just because you can doesn't mean you should. End rant.

Gateholio
09-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Um, most guys I know use 7mm mag for moose and mule deer. I think 44 mag is little overkill and question any individuals ability to shoot it more accurately in the field over a smaller caliber rifle. (Not easy to kill a deer by shooting it in the ass). I think it better to shoot better than to shoot bigger, and just because you can doesn't mean you should. End rant.

A 7mmmag is far more powerful and has far more recoil than a 44 magnum rifle.

endtimerwithabow
09-25-2012, 08:28 AM
wow any joe blow question me about anything better be a CO or RCMP! what give any one the right to question another person? should have reported them and let the authorities deal with them. just sayin!!

Mr. Dean
09-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I once came across a party of white guys that couldn't find a deer they shot....

huntcoop
09-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I once came across a party of white guys that couldn't find a deer they shot....

:lol: wearing 'coon skin caps? :lol:

The Dude
09-25-2012, 09:18 AM
The point is the Yahoo factor, and not the calibre factor, which some seem to have missed.

Gateholio
09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
So when I hunt with a 44 mag, I'm a yahoo?? This is confusing...

olympia
09-25-2012, 09:44 AM
any idiot knows your supposed to use a minimum .338 for stave lake deer

Mr. Dean
09-25-2012, 09:45 AM
:lol: wearing 'coon skin caps? :lol:

Just one.
She seemed to be the leader of the group.

jhausner
09-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I've hunted with guys that use 338 llapua magnum when hunting Moose and they can blow holes the size of a Grouse in the side of a Moose. Using a 44 magnum against a deer is so crazy I'd just have to laugh. I laugh at the guys hunting with the 338s and ask them "Are you sure you're not after Bison?" Still legal but as a few said, a bit crazy for my liking.

The rest though, call RAPP. Ask to get a photo of them with their prize deer, snap the license plate, then call RAPP when you're down the road. Best thing to do. I never advise on confronting people in the bush, especially those doing questionable things. It's up to the COs to look into it and if they do, determin if anything has been done legally.

Leaving a wonded Doe though is completely illegal. You're supposed to humanely kill any animal and not let it suffer. Even if you can legally kill the Doe. Either way though that's what the COs, as few there are these days, are for.

jhausner
09-25-2012, 10:00 AM
So when I hunt with a 44 mag, I'm a yahoo?? This is confusing...

Lol no. I'd ask where the Bison are at though if I met you in the bush with one. ;)

Philcott
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM
If you anti 44 mag guys had only one gun and it was a 44 mag would you stay home and type away on the computer or get out into the woods with your 44 mag?

You can't possibly know why they were using a 44 mag and not a .243, .270, 7mm or what ever you think they should have been using.

Purposely leaving a wounded doe, I think we can all agree, is not right.

fuzzybiscuit
09-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Some people are really showing their ignorance to the use of a 44 Mag in a rifle.

I have one in a Winchester 94 Trapper with a 1.5-5 Leupold. Short and light, it makes a great Blacktail timber gun.

The Dude
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Holy crap guys, it's not about a calibre.
But if you wanna focus on that , and forget the big issue, then go play in a sandbox.
****ing disgusted with the narrow-minded focus of some of these posts.

Mr. Dean
09-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Some people are really showing their ignorance to the use of a 44 Mag in a rifle.

I have one in a Winchester 94 Trapper with a 1.5-5 Leupold. Short and light, it makes a great Blacktail timber gun.

You are absolutely correct!
In fact, I liked my 44/96 Ruger Carbine sooooo much, I sold it and moved up to a 45-70 Marlin, just in case I wanted to hunt Bison some day.

This thread is wierd.

The Dude
09-25-2012, 10:21 AM
It is weird. Some guys embrace the style of curtains, while ignoring the fact that the house is burning.

westcoastgeo
09-25-2012, 10:22 AM
I immediatly thought of a 44 mag handgun on the first read too. I also invisioned them dragging a buck down the road with their truck and ruining the meat. haha
In reality probably a bad shot on the doe, nothing else wrong.

Mr. Dean
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Holy crap guys, it's not about a calibre.
But if you wanna focus on that , and forget the big issue, then go play in a sandbox.
****ing disgusted with the narrow-minded focus of some of these posts.

We have a thread that is based on hearsay with no facts presented.

I just find it hard to get my panties bunched up over it.

jhausner
09-25-2012, 10:24 AM
If you anti 44 mag guys had only one gun and it was a 44 mag would you stay home and type away on the computer or get out into the woods with your 44 mag?

You can't possibly know why they were using a 44 mag and not a .243, .270, 7mm or what ever you think they should have been using.

Purposely leaving a wounded doe, I think we can all agree, is not right.

Lol true. Like I said, they have their place. I've had more friends shoot giant holes in Moose with larger caliber guns though than I'd like to shake a stick with, which is why I personally tend to shy away from anything bigger than a 338. But they do have their place, and you're right given the situation they could have been hunting Moose and just happend on Deer. Happens to me sometimes around Vanderhoof. Looking for Moose you come along a Mule deer. You'll be packing whatever you hunt Moose with in that situation, me the same .308, but most people a larger gun .338 or bigger. Doesn't mean you don't go after the Deer.

If you are specifically going for Deer with a .44 magnum though, personally, I chuckle a little.

You're right though it is more about the shooter than the gun or caliber though. Still worth a little ribbing though. ;)

The Dude
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Have at 'er then. Indulge yourselves.
Unbelievable.

fuzzybiscuit
09-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by The Dude;

"44 Mag for Blacktails? Umm...OK.
There's legal, and there's plain dumb."

I find ignorant comments like this to be dumb, but who really cares what either one of us thinks?

Like Mr. Dean said, "a thread that is based on hearsay with no facts presented."

Gateholio
09-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Lol no. I'd ask where the Bison are at though if I met you in the bush with one. ;)

So you think that using a 44 magnum for deer is being overgunned?

huff
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I've hunted with guys that use 338 llapua magnum when hunting Moose and they can blow holes the size of a Grouse in the side of a Moose. Using a 44 magnum against a deer is so crazy I'd just have to laugh. I laugh at the guys hunting with the 338s and ask them "Are you sure you're not after Bison?" Still legal but as a few said, a bit crazy for my liking.

The rest though, call RAPP. Ask to get a photo of them with their prize deer, snap the license plate, then call RAPP when you're down the road. Best thing to do. I never advise on confronting people in the bush, especially those doing questionable things. It's up to the COs to look into it and if they do, determin if anything has been done legally.

Leaving a wonded Doe though is completely illegal. You're supposed to humanely kill any animal and not let it suffer. Even if you can legally kill the Doe. Either way though that's what the COs, as few there are these days, are for.

I dont think we know the whole story... I doubt they were just standing there in amusement watching the doe crawl along with its two front legs .

jhausner
09-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Btw if anyone wants to read an interesting article on caliber and what to use, read http://www.chuckhawks.com/rifle_killing_power.htm. It gives a good side to the debate of what size to use when and where, or rather why the question is more difficult.

Like I said though I still chuckle, just me personally. Just like when I drive around on logging roads in my truck and I come on a couple hunters sporting a Ford F450 raised with huge bumpers, a loaded front and top bar of lights, and flames on the side, I chuckle too. Just as when I see a guy in a suit driving around in a big 4x4 and when I ask the last place he went off road with it so I can find some new good spots to go, he looks at me like I have 3 heads. Off road? What is that??

For serious though re the topic, RAPP. Don't confront though. As a few said, if someone came up to me questioning me I'd ask to see their badge and then ask them to be on their way. It's not your place to confront just record and report.

jhausner
09-25-2012, 10:50 AM
I dont think we know the whole story... I doubt they were just standing there in amusement watching the doe crawl along with its two front legs .

Really? And here I thought we had all the facts... :-P Without being there ourselves we don't know the whole story, that's pretty obvious. Hell the entire story could have been made up to get people arguing about how awesome or evil the .44 magnum is! I'm not that thick. ;)

The quote though

While travelling back along a FSR along the lake they encountered a blacktail doe along the edge of the road that was pulling herself by her front legs; they could see that this animal had been shot either in hip or back and was bleeding heavily from what appeared to be a gun shot wound. At the same time, some one, also travelling along the road, alerted them to the fact that there hunters a little way further down the road dragging a deer along the road." basically says they weren't standing there.

If you take that quote at face value though, there are only 2 situations I can picture, and that's:

1) Saw a deer, shot twice, didn't realize it was 2 deer and thought only 1. Got the buck and had no idea they had show a Doe. = Probably should pay a bit more attention to detail when pulling the trigger, but it happens. Isn't right, but happens just like people accidently shoot 3 point Moose in Spike-Fork seasons. Can happen, shouldn't, but does.

2) Saw both deer, had tags for both, show the Buck and Doe, and the Doe took off. Stopped to deal with the Buck. = Someone should have gone after the Doe in that situation as you don't need 3 people to field dress a Buck. Hell it wouldn't have been difficult if this situation is accurate since these other hunters saw it not far away up the road.

I can't really think of any other situation. Can you? Either way mistakes in this situation would have been made. Some larger than others, but ultimately a RAPP call wouldn't hurt because I think their hunting methods are questionable enough that they could at the very least use a bit of a scare to wake up and be a bit more responsible.

jhausner
09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
To me if it is an accurate account (which I doubt it is), it shows sloppy hunting. If there is something that just irks me in BC it is sloppy hunting. There's no reason for it in my opinion. Sloppy hunting is why the first 25% of the hunting synopsis is filled with hundreds of "IT IS UNLAWFUL TO" entries. Sloppy hunting is why those of us that do our darndest to not make mistakes (and I'm not saying I'm perfect, we all make mistakes) have more and more laws passed limitting what we can do.

It just bugs me.

springpin
09-25-2012, 11:14 AM
This thread is ****ed!! :shock:

burger
09-25-2012, 11:25 AM
IBTL

Really?

Darksith
09-25-2012, 11:30 AM
lol...this one is by far one of the biggest wastes of my time in a long time. The fact that peeps get all excited over the caliber is priceless. Thanks for the laugh though.

Rackmastr
09-25-2012, 11:31 AM
There are some people that seriously have NO idea how a 44 Mag compares to other high powered rifles. People who think that a 44 mag is overgunned obviously have ZERO knowledge of cartridges, recoil, ballistics, etc.

The 44 mag is a lightweight short-distance firearm. Its by no means even close to a larger 'standard' cartridge hunting rifle....

redwards92
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
didnt read this thread but...

inb4 it goes 30 pages of people telling their own stories about natives and taking stabs at first nations people in general

inb4 it doesnt get locked

inb4 i make a suggestion to mods to create a complain or tell your first nations stories here section on the forum

anglo-saxon
09-25-2012, 11:34 AM
I am astounded at some of the ignorance shown on this threat by people who profess to be hunters.

I guess some people just spout drivel because they like the look of their own posts. Wow!

Drillbit
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm surprised that a few people have no idea what a 44 Magnum is (and think that it's huge). Probably had a Ruger Deerfield for the scenerio in question:)

paulgug
09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
sounds like a pretty disgusting scene to find. Its hard to say what the right thing is to do in that situation. I would have a hard time keeping my cool, but when your dealing with unpredictable people with guns i guess you should error on the side of caution.

Gumsehwah
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Amen to that.

olympia
09-25-2012, 01:30 PM
hey gunsmoke, if what you say happened is true, i blame you as well for not calling rapp and offering rides to people...i think it was an attempt to get people to bash fn

wicket
09-25-2012, 02:20 PM
holy smokes .....I think the damned point here is do I have to buy a 44 mag ....def in a ruger or NOT???????????????????????????? jeesh

olympia
09-25-2012, 06:23 PM
holy smokes .....I think the damned point here is do I have to buy a 44 mag ....def in a ruger or NOT???????????????????????????? jeesh

i have been pondering buying one of those chiappa lever actions in .44mag for quite a while but when i finally decide my mind says i should go with the henry lever action in 45-70 and the thing is i can only get one at the time....decisions decisions, my life is so hard

r106
09-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Lol true. Like I said, they have their place. I've had more friends shoot giant holes in Moose with larger caliber guns though than I'd like to shake a stick with, which is why I personally tend to shy away from anything bigger than a 338. But they do have their place, and you're right given the situation they could have been hunting Moose and just happend on Deer. Happens to me sometimes around Vanderhoof. Looking for Moose you come along a Mule deer. You'll be packing whatever you hunt Moose with in that situation, me the same .308, but most people a larger gun .338 or bigger. Doesn't mean you don't go after the Deer.

If you are specifically going for Deer with a .44 magnum though, personally, I chuckle a little.

You're right though it is more about the shooter than the gun or caliber though. Still worth a little ribbing though. ;)

I know this is off topic. But you know that caliber doesn't always dictate the exit wound size right? It's all about the bullet. You can shoot a deer/moose/elk with a 30/06 with a 165gr partition and have the same or less exit wound/ meat damage with a hard cast 450gr bullet from a 45/70. In most cases smaller bullets moving at 2800 fps+ will do more damage than big bullets moving at 1500fps.

You should see what a friends .270 win did to some yotes last week. Dam near cut them in half.

It's all about the bullet

Mr. Dean
09-25-2012, 07:44 PM
sounds like a pretty disgusting scene to find. Its hard to say what the right thing is to do in that situation. I would have a hard time keeping my cool, but when your dealing with unpredictable people with guns i guess you should error on the side of caution.

And now we move on to these folk being unstable, gunn totin' yahoo's....... Just gets better and better. :razz: :lol:

Mr. Dean
09-25-2012, 07:45 PM
........It's all about the bullet

Amen.........

anglo-saxon
09-26-2012, 11:44 AM
i have been pondering buying one of those chiappa lever actions in .44mag for quite a while but when i finally decide my mind says i should go with the henry lever action in 45-70 and the thing is i can only get one at the time....decisions decisions, my life is so hard

If you can only get one, get a 45-70, so you can use it as a bush gun for bigger beasts, too. A second-hand (pre-Remington) Marlin would do you!

Barracuda
09-26-2012, 12:13 PM
i would love one of those timberwolf pumps in 44 or 357

BTW what was this thread about?

Mr. Dean
09-26-2012, 01:14 PM
....btw what was this thread about?

love it!!!!!

geno
09-26-2012, 02:15 PM
well if people would like to know what really happend how and i tell you as i am 1 of those slod hunters alot of you have thrown under the bus without knowing the whole story. i am most likly opening a can of worm by writing this but i think its important for you to know what happened..

So me, my pregnant fiance and a good friend of mine desided to go for a day hunt up stave lake. we figured not many people would boat up there to hunt. so the odds would be in our favor.
so we get there at 10:30am and start to walk down the forsetry roads. the logging camp where we started on the logging road is at about 4.5km. so as were walking we see a nice little cut block at the 6km mark. so we head down to have a look and we didnt see much. as we were leaving i saw a nice little buck out of the corner of my eye. i rasied my rifle took a GOOD look at it and dropped him. i missed the first shoot and got him with the second. as he dropped another deer RAN off. we got to the buck i had dropped and went to look for the other deer. making sure i didnt hit it i looked for blood but there was none to be found. so we cleaned the deer and started to drag it back to the boat. so we get to the road and a trucker drives by and gives us the thumbs up for getting a deer. moments later a van drives up and there yelling at us. saying we missed one. there all yelling at us at the same time. yelling doe on road, get in, and poacher!!! so i was second guessing myself as to my shots on the deer i had dropped. so if it was indeed a doe my fience is first nations and this is her tradional hunting territorie. so we got into there van and headed to the deer. which was just before the 8km mark
so we get out and they show me the deer. which is wounded badly. one of his rear legs is almost falling off and the bone is sticking out. So i grab my fience's rifle which is a ruger 77/44. i raise it up and see that its a buck and putting him down.. i proceed on telling them its a buck. so to make sure the deer is dead i head down to it. as im heading down to the deer the 3 people in the van take off. which i later find out they headed down the road to harass my friend that stayed with the first deer.

so seeing that the deer was dead and it was indeed a buck i walked back to my friend at the 5km mark so we could get this deer other deer out. so when we got back to deer #2 we dragged him out to look him over. and it looked like he had either been hit by a truck or shot in the back of the leg. in my oppinion it had not been shot but us but either way we werent going to just leave it there. so we started to drag him back to the boat. so we get down to the camp and theres a guy there to we end up talking to and filled him in on the story. he helps us out and we load up the deer in his truck to bring to the boat. as were loading up the deer the trucker the gave us the thumbs up rolls in. and started saying congardulations on getting 2 bucks.. so we told him what the 3 people from the van where saying to us and he said "i told those f*#$kin guys that it was a buck" in his thick french accent. so afew min later we make it to the boat load up the deer and head home..

so that is the story judge me if you like but i see nothig wrong with what we did. its unfortunit that some of you were so quick to judge without knowing the whole story.

sfire436
09-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Thanks for taking the time to let us know what went down Geno.

Happy hunting.

ruger#1
09-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks for telling your side of the story geno. To many people on here are judgmental. Only hearing one side. There are other people that hunt in that area. And there are also people up there that will shoot at anything that moves. That is why I stay away from there.

Mr. Dean
09-26-2012, 02:35 PM
*&#%.

I liked the 1st version better.
It left the reader with something to ponder abouts while sitting on the throne.

This version is just to plain and simple. :lol:

springpin
09-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I now say this thread is un****ed!

skibum
09-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Could you add something about salmon being slaughtered on the road or something?

I just don't want it to end

Drillbit
09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Pretty much panned out like every other hearsay story full of assumption.

Congrats on the Buck.

Spy
09-26-2012, 03:48 PM
well if people would like to know what really happend how and i tell you as i am 1 of those slod hunters alot of you have thrown under the bus without knowing the whole story. i am most likly opening a can of worm by writing this but i think its important for you to know what happened..

So me, my pregnant fiance and a good friend of mine desided to go for a day hunt up stave lake. we figured not many people would boat up there to hunt. so the odds would be in our favor.
so we get there at 10:30am and start to walk down the forsetry roads. the logging camp where we started on the logging road is at about 4.5km. so as were walking we see a nice little cut block at the 6km mark. so we head down to have a look and we didnt see much. as we were leaving i saw a nice little buck out of the corner of my eye. i rasied my rifle took a GOOD look at it and dropped him. i missed the first shoot and got him with the second. as he dropped another deer RAN off. we got to the buck i had dropped and went to look for the other deer. making sure i didnt hit it i looked for blood but there was none to be found. so we cleaned the deer and started to drag it back to the boat. so we get to the road and a trucker drives by and gives us the thumbs up for getting a deer. moments later a van drives up and there yelling at us. saying we missed one. there all yelling at us at the same time. yelling doe on road, get in, and poacher!!! so i was second guessing myself as to my shots on the deer i had dropped. so if it was indeed a doe my fience is first nations and this is her tradional hunting territorie. so we got into there van and headed to the deer. which was just before the 8km mark
so we get out and they show me the deer. which is wounded badly. one of his rear legs is almost falling off and the bone is sticking out. So i grab my fience's rifle which is a ruger 77/44. i raise it up and see that its a buck and putting him down.. i proceed on telling them its a buck. so to make sure the deer is dead i head down to it. as im heading down to the deer the 3 people in the van take off. which i later find out they headed down the road to harass my friend that stayed with the first deer.

so seeing that the deer was dead and it was indeed a buck i walked back to my friend at the 5km mark so we could get this deer other deer out. so when we got back to deer #2 we dragged him out to look him over. and it looked like he had either been hit by a truck or shot in the back of the leg. in my oppinion it had not been shot but us but either way we werent going to just leave it there. so we started to drag him back to the boat. so we get down to the camp and theres a guy there to we end up talking to and filled him in on the story. he helps us out and we load up the deer in his truck to bring to the boat. as were loading up the deer the trucker the gave us the thumbs up rolls in. and started saying congardulations on getting 2 bucks.. so we told him what the 3 people from the van where saying to us and he said "i told those f*#$kin guys that it was a buck" in his thick french accent. so afew min later we make it to the boat load up the deer and head home..

so that is the story judge me if you like but i see nothig wrong with what we did. its unfortunit that some of you were so quick to judge without knowing the whole story.

Thanks Geno ! You know that might not even have being your buck ,you did the right thing putting it down ! 3 Km is along ways, those Idiots in the van could have given you a lift instead of harassing your freind ! Im sure you had minimal meet damage with the 44, I think it could be a good cal for B/Ts !

wicket
09-26-2012, 04:05 PM
:shock: imagine an internet msg board thread getting out of control :-o

geno
09-26-2012, 04:23 PM
i bought the 44 for my fiance cuz its short and compact and it'll knock down anything that she hits.

Spy
09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
i bought the 44 for my fiance cuz its short and compact and it'll knock down anything that she hits.
Good choice ! Good on you getting your fiancé out hunting !

buckhunter81
09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Kudos to you Geno, for standing up and telling your story to this gang of half-wits and cutthroats.

fuzzybiscuit
09-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Good on you Geno for stating what really happened. It's not easy to step forward like you did. I'm sure more than a few of the people who tossed you under the bus wouldn't have done the same if this story had been about them and no one knew that they were involved.

Congrats also on getting a couple bucks. Sounds like you guys worked for them.

Spy
09-26-2012, 05:21 PM
X2 I agree with Fuzzy , it takes big nuts to come on to HBC & tell it like it was !

Spy
09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Any Pictures ?

olympia
09-26-2012, 05:42 PM
now if the original poster had just called the co, they would have come and had a look and determined if rules were broken or not and then been on their way..instead he decides to post a thread on here, i hope he doesnt hunt because he "saw" a wounded doe

Gateholio
09-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Now that this has been settled, lets get onto the important stuff- Like discussing the 44 Magnum as a hunting cartridge.

Boner
09-26-2012, 06:58 PM
There are some people that seriously have NO idea how a 44 Mag compares to other high powered rifles. People who think that a 44 mag is overgunned obviously have ZERO knowledge of cartridges, recoil, ballistics, etc.

The 44 mag is a lightweight short-distance firearm. Its by no means even close to a larger 'standard' cartridge hunting rifle....

Finally, thank you.

Jack Russell
09-26-2012, 07:04 PM
I just did not think of a .44 in a lg. My bad.

springpin
09-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Oh, one more thing! Show some pics or it didn't happen!! Hahahaha

Jelvis
09-26-2012, 07:25 PM
did you get the lady to show you her Indian Status Card or just thinking everyone can't tell a lie.
If you dint see her picture on the card, then it could have been an asian or italian with dark skin.
Jel .. Did you see her picture on the Status Card? .. did you take the plate number? did you Wrap it up. RAPP
If you say no to the above :shock:, it's bs. :idea:

Mr. Dean
09-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Now that this has been settled, lets get onto the important stuff- Like discussing the 44 Magnum as a hunting cartridge.

The 44 Remington Magnum (earlier named and stamped on barrels as, 44 Magnum), is a formidable pistol cartridge that is commonly used in both handguns and rifles alike.

Kills deer D E A D.

rollingrock
09-26-2012, 09:18 PM
How a bout a .45 LC in a lever action? :-P

wicket
09-26-2012, 09:25 PM
oiy ....wait just one more min....what if his side of the story is bull...i wanna hear the other side of the the other side of the story from the guy who told the guy who posted on the net about a story he heard from another guy and that guys co worker about their side of something that might have happened. yah until that happens Im not believing anything. last time i believed a story without checking the facts .......well lets just say there was a reason that "hot girl" had a lump in her throat and it wasnt because she got a plum stuck when she was 8 like she said.

Gateholio
09-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Hot loaded 45 Colt will be at least on par with a 44 Mag. I load mine with 300gr Hornady XTP mag bullets to shoot about 1600fps from my 16" barrel carbine. I'd shoot deer and black bear with it to about 200 yards. I'd shoot a moose or elk with it to 100 yards.

I wouldn't take a 44 or 45 bison hunting though, since I don't think it makes the BC minimum legal requirements.

rollingrock
09-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Hot loaded 45 Colt will be at least on par with a 44 Mag. I load mine with 300gr Hornady XTP mag bullets to shoot about 1600fps from my 16" barrel carbine. I'd shoot deer and black bear with it to about 200 yards. I'd shoot a moose or elk with it to 100 yards.

I wouldn't take a 44 or 45 bison hunting though, since I don't think it makes the BC minimum legal requirements.

I was just asking...:razz: I think last year a member here took his kid out for deer hunting with a 44 Mag lever action and was successful. BTW, I'm loading lead in my 45 LC, but I still haven't had chance to get it out shooting. The SKS seems to be long lasting and wouldn't die. LOL

Mr. Dean
09-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Discussion of the 45LC is derailing this thread - Could we PLEASE keep to topic AND point of the thread?
The only cartridge that was brought up in this thread was the 44 RemMag....

You guyz-n-dolls that wanna talk 45LC, please feel free to start a new thread of your own and have at 'er - Thx. :lol:

Mr. Dean
09-27-2012, 12:31 AM
And for the record!
It would be utterly s t u p i d to use these for hunting deer - Even little Blacktails.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0098_edited-1.JPG

BowRiver
09-27-2012, 01:07 AM
thanks Geno for the clarification - it was tough reading this thread with the blame running rampant. I appreciate your comments!

nap
09-27-2012, 02:32 AM
What would be a good purpuse for these, do the come in the 357 mag. Dad bought us those in the 22lr when we were kids to bring down the rabit population around the farm. Remember them being kinda useless in the 22.
And for the record!
It would be utterly s t u p i d to use these for hunting deer - Even little Blacktails.

bc cooker
09-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Who is a steward of the environment? It's not clear who you are talking about.

coach
09-27-2012, 08:16 AM
This thread is still alive?!?! :mad:

It's hunting season, people! Post up some hunting stories or pictures. :smile:

Spy
09-27-2012, 08:45 AM
This thread is still alive?!?! :mad:

It's hunting season, people! Post up some hunting stories or pictures. :smile:
Did you read post 64 by Geno !

Spy
09-27-2012, 09:10 AM

Dude I think you missed this post !

Mr. Dean
09-27-2012, 09:45 AM
What would be a good purpuse for these, do the come in the 357 mag. Dad bought us those in the 22lr when we were kids to bring down the rabit population around the farm. Remember them being kinda useless in the 22.

Them .22's were intended for close range mice, and that's about it.

These are handloads and the components are available from Speer.
I summoned them to help me deactivate an old house that was ultra-infested w/ rats.

Worked like a hotdarn but the ranges were within 25 feet.

Mr. Dean
09-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh ya....

Never, NEVER, use these to hunt Bison either. :lol:

For if you do, chances are you'll get violated. :lol: :lol: :lol:

fuzzybiscuit
09-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Would they work on Bison?

Sorry...I'm just trying to fit in.

Grousedaddy
09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Not cutting geno down atall just have to say it takes no balls to post stuff on the internet.... Every story on here could be made up same with profiles... Ppl could even have multiple accounts and argue with themselves if they wanted .. Just have to say it srry but it would take balls to do it infront of a live audience but to post stuff online takes no balls.. So many ppl would talk sh*t behind a keyboard but catch them in person and i bet half arent so tuff!

QUOTE=Spy;1207845]X2 I agree with Fuzzy , it takes big nuts to come on to HBC & tell it like it was ![/QUOTE]

fuzzybiscuit
09-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Grousedaddy, most of the asshats on here haven't been a member since 2003, like Geno. I would suspect the guys who would start crap like you mentioned would have a fairly new membership, like yourself.

Someone who has been a member in good standing for 9 years, basically from the beginning, probably isn't going to start stuff all of the sudden out of the blue.

Now...what was this thread about?

Spy
09-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Not cutting geno down atall just have to say it takes no balls to post stuff on the internet.... Every story on here could be made up same with profiles... Ppl could even have multiple accounts and argue with themselves if they wanted .. Just have to say it srry but it would take balls to do it infront of a live audience but to post stuff online takes no balls.. So many ppl would talk sh*t behind a keyboard but catch them in person and i bet half arent so tuff!

QUOTE=Spy;1207845]X2 I agree with Fuzzy , it takes big nuts to come on to HBC & tell it like it was ![/QUOTE]
Not everyone hides behind their key board, LOL !Some of us are straight up all the time ! Not only did it take nuts it also showed good character, I suppose you are going to tell us it does not take character now!
What a joke!

Grousedaddy
09-27-2012, 05:42 PM
No i was simply saying posting stuff online is very easy as opposed to doing something face to face thats all. And i guess 2 years is fairly new but i never once posted in this thread or ne other one with the intent of starting something. Its hard to tell who is "straight up" because i have not met one member in person all youcan go by is keyboard talk and how they come accross. Like i said i wasnt cutting geno down i just dont think it takes balls to type on a keyboard imo

Spy
09-27-2012, 05:50 PM
No i was simply saying posting stuff online is very easy as opposed to doing something face to face thats all. And i guess 2 years is fairly new but i never once posted in this thread or ne other one with the intent of starting something. Its hard to tell who is "straight up" because i have not met one member in person all youcan go by is keyboard talk and how they come accross. Like i said i wasnt cutting geno down i just dont think it takes balls to type on a keyboard imo
So let's have a beer !

Grousedaddy
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Anytime your in Kamloops spy id be more then happy to join ya even go on a local day trip you have my pm info lol

anglo-saxon
09-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Hot loaded 45 Colt will be at least on par with a 44 Mag.

That should probably read factory 44 Mag. All else being equal (the firearm, relative components, etc.) a hot loaded 44 Mag will out-perform a hot loaded .45 Colt. The .44 is also an ineherently more accurate round, with greater penetration potential.

That's a joke, right? You'd be dreaming to get 2000 ft lbs at the muzzle of a .44, let alone at 100 m.

geno
09-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Well hiding behind a computer is one thing but i do work in the hunting and firearms industry. not saying im a pro by anymeans. but i do take pride in what i do. i work at the store you all love to hate (WSS) in langley. i'll try and post some pics for you guys of the hunt. And im sure quite a few of you will know who i am. so for me it was very important that people know the story from my point of view.

the other guys they should have taken the time to see what was going on before they started calling us poauchers and writing silly stories online. if they had stopped for just 2 minutes and actually talked with us, insted of yelling. things wouldnt have gotten this far.

the hardest part of the whole ordeal wasnt reading all this BS online or even a bunch of a-holes yelling at me. it was keeping my cool while they were yelling at my pregant fiance and scaring the crap out of her. theres just somethings you dont do.

Spy
09-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Well hiding behind a computer is one thing but i do work in the hunting and firearms industry. not saying im a pro by anymeans. but i do take pride in what i do. i work at the store you all love to hate (WSS) in langley. i'll try and post some pics for you guys of the hunt. And im sure quite a few of you will know who i am. so for me it was very important that people know the story from my point of view.

the other guys they should have taken the time to see what was going on before they started calling us poauchers and writing silly stories online. if they had stopped for just 2 minutes and actually talked with us, insted of yelling. things wouldnt have gotten this far.

the hardest part of the whole ordeal wasnt reading all this BS online or even a bunch of a-holes yelling at me. it was keeping my cool while they were yelling at my pregant fiance and scaring the crap out of her. theres just somethings you dont do.
Agreed shout at me all you want, but shout or talk down to my wife or kids and you have crossed the line of no return ! Well done for keeping your cool, I don't know if I would have !
If I'm ever in Langley I will stop in and say hey !

Mr. Dean
09-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Oh oh......
Isn't everyone that works @ WS's, Evil???? :lol:

Back to topic.
When I traveled the states for a living, the array of .44 ammo was STUNNING!

Gateholio
09-28-2012, 01:27 PM
That should probably read factory 44 Mag. All else being equal (the firearm, relative components, etc.) a hot loaded 44 Mag will out-perform a hot loaded .45 Colt. The .44 is also an ineherently more accurate round, with greater penetration potential.

That's a joke, right? You'd be dreaming to get 2000 ft lbs at the muzzle of a .44, let alone at 100 m.

I bet you get all excited about 270 vs 280 threads, too. ;)

endtimerwithabow
09-28-2012, 02:12 PM
lol i cant believe this thread isnt locked by now! talk about highjacked! threads have been locked in the past for less...this site amazes me some times.

Barracuda
09-28-2012, 03:06 PM

I tip my hat to you for keeping your cool and your right they crossed the line by yelling at and frightening a pregnant women.

im guessing your at the north end?(boat only access) how are the leaves on the trees ?

anglo-saxon
09-29-2012, 06:40 PM
I bet you get all excited about 270 vs 280 threads, too. ;)

No, I just get mildly whimsical about posts that inaccurate.

Check!

Gateholio
09-29-2012, 07:39 PM
No, I just get mildly whimsical about posts that inaccurate.

Check!

The performance of the 45 Colt and 44 Magnum when both loaded to their full potential is very similar. They both will push the same weight bullets at about the same speeds, but the Colt does it with less pressure. The 44Mag will do it at about 40 000CUP and the 45 Colt at about 30000 CUP. Obviously these loads shouldn't be used in any older 45 Colt firearms, which won't be able to take this sort of pressure.

With the cartridges so close in dimensions, any accuracy benefits will be a function of the firearm, and not the cartridge. My 45 Colt M94 will put 3 bullets in a cloverleaf at 100 yards. I'm sure the same model in 44 Mag will do the same. I'm not sure we need anymore accuracy than that for cartridges like these. Penetration will be virtually identical with identical weight and bullet construction. .

The Colt will be able to use some slightly heavier bullets, if desired.

YAMMY-CA
09-29-2012, 09:41 PM
44 mag are also made in long gun configuration so can't assume it was a hand gun.Needless to say it is shear savagery to leave any wounded animal and hopefully even FN's can be charged but i doubt it will ever happen.I wish we had some of the game laws here that they have in Alaska-it would be easy to identify with bullet forensics if "they" had shot and wounded the doe.

Spy
09-29-2012, 09:50 PM
44 mag are also made in long gun configuration so can't assume it was a hand gun.Needless to say it is shear savagery to leave any wounded animal and hopefully even FN's can be charged but i doubt it will ever happen.I wish we had some of the game laws here that they have in Alaska-it would be easy to identify with bullet forensics if "they" had shot and wounded the doe.
Maybe you should have read the whole thread ! You missed a couple things !

The Dude
09-29-2012, 10:43 PM
lol i cant believe this thread isnt locked by now! talk about highjacked! threads have been locked in the past for less...this site amazes me some times.

It's apparently OK, as long as Mods are doing the highjacking. :D

Gateholio
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I think it's a better topic for this thread. Maybe salvage something. ;)

The Dude
09-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I can show you how to start a new thread if you like!
I'm purdy good at Intraweb shyte! :D

scoutlt1
09-29-2012, 11:16 PM
I can show you how to start a new thread if you like!
I'm purdy good at Intraweb shyte! :D

Are you ever not a smartass? :-D

The Dude
09-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Only when I'm giving blood to homeless gay Whales with AIDS.

Gateholio
09-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm pretty good at the intraweb, too.

Do you want to see what I can do? ;)

The Dude
09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
LOL, threaten the Ban Button?
Yeah, that trick's old.
Back to helping folks post stuff, you kids have fun! :-)

olympia
09-30-2012, 08:30 AM
so we started off talking about "possible poaching" then took a left turn toward "44 mag or not", then ".44mag hot load vs .45 colt" lets switch to something else now, how about .... just kidding

ruger#1
09-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Only when I'm giving blood to homeless gay Whales with AIDS. Ha Ha, Now thats funny.

Gunsmoke
10-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Just back from a week of hunting...some interesting posts but many off topic really.

To those who question whether it's true or not, yes, it did happen. As I posted, I did not personally encounter the situation but know those who did.

The post was a rant on my part; mostly, out of frustration and rightly so. In my opinion, those involved need to spend a bit more time at a range honing their shooting skills, especially if they are not willing to at least make an effort to retrieve a wounded aninmal (i.e. the doe that cannot move it's back legs.... it could not have gone far from where it was shot).......and that's all I have to say about that.

KodiakHntr
10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
I'm guessing that you didn't read all the posts then, as the guy that you accused of being a slob came on here and gave his side of the story.....

sapper
10-03-2012, 02:31 PM
13 pages!? Maybe it's time to lock it down. Let's move on.

redwards92
10-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Just back from a week of hunting...some interesting posts but many off topic really.

To those who question whether it's true or not, yes, it did happen. As I posted, I did not personally encounter the situation but know those who did.

The post was a rant on my part; mostly, out of frustration and rightly so. In my opinion, those involved need to spend a bit more time at a range honing their shooting skills, especially if they are not willing to at least make an effort to retrieve a wounded aninmal (i.e. the doe that cannot move it's back legs.... it could not have gone far from where it was shot).......and that's all I have to say about that.

I'm guessing that you didn't read all the posts then, as the guy that you accused of being a slob came on here and gave his side of the story.....

. . . . . . . . .

Mr. Dean
10-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Yelling at an expectant mother..... :shock:

Gateholio
10-03-2012, 08:11 PM
13 pages!? Maybe it's time to lock it down. Let's move on.

13 pages??? I thuink its time for you to go to your profile settings and change the defaults! I've only got 4 pages :)

Mr. Dean
10-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I keep coming back to learn more about the .44 mag.....

The carbine I had thumped like a mule.
Seriously, it did.

Very accurate though.

riflebuilder
10-04-2012, 01:17 AM
I had a 44 mag in a marlin lever used it for cowboy action shooting then gave it to a friend who uses it for pig hunting. I went to a 357 in a Rossie 92 clone it shot great with my 38 loads and it was easier to keep the same caliber for my rifle and pistols. Levers shooting pisto; rounds have been effective for a long time just ask Custer...lol 44-40's with 12-15 shots vs single shot 45-70's. Firepower is what counts not the power of the round

Now how is this for getting a thread off of topic.

late at night can't sleep in a pissy mood and just read all the idots who have no clue about balistics

The Dude
10-04-2012, 01:45 AM
I like Sailor Jerry's rum! Anyone else?
They got this whole "Bettie Page" thing going on.
Anyone else?

The Dude
10-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Levers shooting pisto; rounds have been effective for a long time just ask Custer
44-40's with 12-15 shots vs single shot 45-70's. Firepower is what counts not the power of the round

Now how is this for getting a thread off of topic.

late at night can't sleep in a pissy mood and just read all the idots who have no clue about balistics

Slow pitches over a wide plate. Wayyyyy too easy.

KodiakHntr
10-04-2012, 08:33 AM
They got this whole "Bettie Page" thing going on.
Anyone else?

Sailor Jerry makes a fantastic rum....Another couple good ones are Kraken, and Captain Morgan Private Stock.

fuzzybiscuit
10-04-2012, 08:35 AM
I like Turtles!

skibum
10-04-2012, 09:04 AM

Love that sh!t. Couple of ice cubes and down she goes. Although finishing off a 2-6 in a couple of hours and the resulting effects put me off of it for a few days.

ruger#1
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Sailor Jerry makes a fantastic rum....Another couple good ones are Kraken, and Captain Morgan Private Stock. you missed Havana Club. Tasty

rocksteady
10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't drink Rum, consumed way too much in my early drinkin days... Moved on to rye and beers...

brian
10-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Captain morgan used to be my stand by, then I had 15 year old Havana in Cuba... that was nice! But since then I had some double distilled moonshine that a friend whips up... I never dreamed that booze could be so smooth.

f350ps
10-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow, the traffic was sure bad this morning, probably an accident or something. :) K

coach
10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Wow, the traffic was sure bad this morning, probably an accident or something. :) K

One of the best threads ever on HBC and you're trying to derail it.. :)

Spy
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Have the pictures of the bucks shot been posted yet !

KodiakHntr
10-04-2012, 12:20 PM
you missed Havana Club. Tasty

Club isn't even close to the same quality as Sailor Jerry or Kraken or Private Stock....Those are the Luxury Liner's of smooth spiced rum in International Waters.... Havana Club is an inflatable dingy on a Oil Patch dugout.....

10-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Club isn't even close to the same quality as Sailor Jerry or Kraken or Private Stock....Those are the Luxury Liner's of smooth spiced rum in International Waters.... Havana Club is an inflatable dingy on a Oil Patch dugout.....

Captains Private is great stuff... As well as the good ole classic Lemmon heart... But who says we have to stick with Demererra Rums?
What about Cruzan, or other Ambers?

Never had a .44 but i like the idea of big "Pistol" cartridges in a lever gun...

KodiakHntr
10-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Never played with leverguns either, till a couple weeks ago. Really don't know how I got this far in life without one. Bought a 45/70 SBL. Hands down the funnest rifle I own.

10-04-2012, 01:49 PM
last month was the first time i had ever shot a 45/70..... Marlin 1895 GG.
Recoil was not like what i had expected... It was quite handelable.....

what i like about the "Big Pistol" chamberings in levers, is the ammo cost.

ruger#1
10-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Club isn't even close to the same quality as Sailor Jerry or Kraken or Private Stock....Those are the Luxury Liner's of smooth spiced rum in International Waters.... Havana Club is an inflatable dingy on a Oil Patch dugout..... I do not like drinking spiced rum. It tastes like fireball. YUCK!

huntcoop
10-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone tried either of these...

http://www.bebetterguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/spicebox-canadian-spiced-whisky__66423_zoom.jpg
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3ixf9rUsaSlR8hcmQu8UFshz7ciah_ z5MZfh-esXjRdHkccBQ

skibum
10-04-2012, 04:11 PM
So what kind of rum drinker are you - there is a definite rank of rums

1. admiral
2. captain
3. sailor
4. cabin boy

Boner
10-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Havana Club is an inflatable dingy on a Oil Patch dugout.....

Now that sounds like the start of a good fishing trip.

sapper
10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
This thread is starting a record for the most hijacks. Not quite sure how rum fits in "Lower Mainland Hunting".

ruger#1
10-04-2012, 05:17 PM
This thread is starting a record for the most hijacks. Not quite sure how rum fits in "Lower Mainland Hunting".You can get it at any lower mainland liqour store. And it is good to drink after hunting around the campfire.

coach
10-04-2012, 06:37 PM
You can get it at any lower mainland liqour store. And it is good to drink after hunting around the campfire.

Man, talk about a lazy slob! Ruger#1 - you'd probably do better at least traveling outside your camp when you hunt. :razz: I always took you for being more dedicated than this..:razz:

ruger#1
10-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey coach. Hunting around the campfire is great. Lots of deer come in to keep warm.

coach
10-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Hey coach. Hunting around the campfire is great. Lots of deer come in to keep warm.

I bet the odd dear shows up too..:-D

ruger#1
10-04-2012, 06:50 PM
I bet the odd dear shows up too..:-D By then I have to much to drink and tell them to go away. In clinton when the deer are moving a few of us were sitting around the campfire and have taken some nice bucks that were wondering with in eyesite. We wernt drinking during the day. But after dark a few before bed and then I am snoreing like a chainsaw.

finngun
10-04-2012, 07:07 PM

so true..my buddy was making campfire..and i was coming to a camp..here was muley doe watching what my partner was doing..doe was in bush,but because snow and campfire
i was able to see her..i was more than suprise to see how curious deer can be..very funny but true...:mrgreen:

Mr. Dean
10-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Proof is in pic's!
Lets see some.

springpin
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
And now, for something completely different!
http://vidmaza.net/files/photos/1335771700386f4c_l.jpg

Gateholio
10-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Okay, that's the winner! :)