PDA

View Full Version : Another Kamloops Ram?

dana
09-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Saw this on B&C Trophy Watch.
http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/imagesWatch/23885B7EBCram.jpg
Cory Knowlton is one of the guys on Shockey's The Proffessionals. Did he buy the Auction Tag this year? Anyone have any info.

hunter1993ap
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
wow that looks like a beuty ram! i have no info but wow what a ram!

ryanb
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Does not look like a cali to me...;)

Brian011
09-24-2012, 10:15 PM
I heard that a big ram came out of the chasm creek area, possibly #5 ram ever taken. May have been this one? I wasn't sure about who got it because there was only one leh for that area and it was taken by an outfitter.

09-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Corey Knowlton is a well known American film director/producer and big game hunter from Texas.

huntcoop
09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Corey Knowlton is a well known American film director/producer and big game hunter from Texas.

Thanx tips now what about the ram?

09-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanx tips now what about the ram?

Like Dana said,,, site names Kamloops BC.....

Also a little trick photography involved, wide angle lens used from close up to make the ram look bigger and the person holding it look smaller.

Still a beauty ram for sure.

Mr. Dean
09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Also a little trick photography involved.....

No denying, its one heavy horned beast.

Pig-Ram. :smile:

The Dude
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Chasm? Doubtful. All the big ones there are poached.

dana
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I thought I had heard earlier this year that the guy who bought the Premiers Tag was planning on hunting Stones due to the New Archery World Record that was shot last year with that tag. I can't remember the name of the guy that bought it but don't recall it being Cory Knowlton. Was there a KIB tag auctioned off this year? I thought that hunt was dead due to political reasons. Maybe it was back on? If that is a Cali, it is a smoker. Cory Knowlton is obviously having an amazing year. He killed a 400+ bull elk earlier this year.

srupp
09-25-2012, 03:04 PM
will probably be on Shockeys show next season..the Profesionals...good show..

seen 3 rams from that heard and the one sure looked like this guy...Calies are 30 % smaller than "true " rocky mt bighorns...and not sure about Kamloops??but up here the older rams get darker coats more chocolate brown color..

looking @ the headgear doesnt look like much juniper pitch in there...suggesting when..and what real estate..

incredible ram for sure..several more in the same category still running..great growth ....genetics and habitat...

steven

Rackmastr
09-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Ya what a smoker ram....supposedly #1 in Canada and 4 or 5 in the world? Huge ram.....

ashanola
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
This is a beautiful Ram I would Love to Have him on my wall of fame

swampdonkey
09-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Sorry to hijack but there is some nice BC mulies

srupp
09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
would be super impressive if it actually competes with the Rocky mtn bighorns..starting off with a 30 % dissadvantage..makes that even more impressive...

steven

just hunt
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Says on face book that its a California big horn.not much else though.his elk goes 440 pretty dam nice

dana
09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Yup, his elk is pretty dam nice alright. Must be pretty cool to shoot one in velvet. Being connected to Shockey who is pro-SCI, I'd bet he'll have the sheep scored for SCI as a Cali.

blackbart
09-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Not entirely related to the orig post, but I do have a question. How much Rocky blood runs in the Kamloops Lake herd? Seems to me that the Spences sheep have had a lot of time for a few of them to move a bit east and do a bit of genetic mingling so to speak? Also seems that the Kamloops Lake herd horn growth is trending upward over the years, but I may be mistaken on this??!

Feedback or thoughts would be appreciated.

BB

ufishifish2
09-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Was there a KIB tag auctioned off this year? I thought that hunt was dead due to political reasons. Maybe it was back on?

At the sheep convention in Kamloops this spring I talked with a guy who is a member here on HBC and works at the KIB office. He works on the KIB hunts for the band. He told me that that KIB tag was a "No-go" this year because it was only a test run never planned to be ongoing every year for the forseeable future.
Maybe things have changed since I talked with him but I doubt it.

ryanb
09-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Where does Corey Knowlton live? Anyone consider he might be a BC resident? He does work for/with Shockey after all...don't have to be Canadian to be a bc resident hunter.

Mr. Dean
09-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Where does Corey Knowlton live? Anyone consider he might be a BC resident? He does work for/with Shockey after all...don't have to be Canadian to be a bc resident hunter.

Don't recall anyone having issue about where he's from...
And IIRC, it doesn't even matter; The tag was bid on at an open auction, free for any and all to participate in.

Or maybe I misunderstood your point or have misunderstood how the tag gets dished out (???).

Brian011
09-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Definitely came from chasm creek area, just got sent a different picture of the ram.

ryanb
09-26-2012, 02:59 PM
My point was that it was stated that someone else had bought the premier's auction tag. I was suggesting he might have been a resident and been the recipient of an LEH draw, or perhaps hunted in an open season area.

Mr. Dean
09-26-2012, 03:04 PM
My point was that it was stated that someone else had bought the premier's auction tag. I was suggesting he might have been a resident and been the recipient of an LEH draw, or perhaps hunted in an open season area.

Gotchya. :wink: :wink:

ace76
09-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyone know the score of this ram? My good friend and hunting partner Chris Hodel currently holds the record for cali @ a whopping 193 5/8 and yes it does look like a cali.

dana
09-26-2012, 04:20 PM

It is my understanding that he lives in Texas. With his kind of money I highly doubt he works for Shockey. Probably is partnered up with him on the Proffessionals show. I don't think too many of Shockey's guides can afford to hunt Marco Polo or buy Governor's Tags like he did on his 2012 elk. If he didn't have the Premier's Tag and it is believed that this is a Chasm ram, then a tag would have to have been released to the outfitter in the area. A 50/50 allocation. ;) Anyone know who guided this ram.

kootenayelkslayer
09-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Anyone know the score of this ram? My good friend and hunting partner Chris Hodel currently holds the record for cali @ a whopping 193 5/8 and yes it does look like a cali.

I'm no expert on judging bighorns, but I don't believe this ram will be shattering any records. The bases don't look big enough to me, although he carries decent weight and obviously has good length for a Cali. It's always hard to judge from a picture, but I think your buddy's record is pretty safe from this one.

Maxx
09-26-2012, 07:57 PM

193 5/8? You sure that its a Cali?

Dana- this was not the premiers tag, it was the outfitters tag.

BCbillies
09-26-2012, 09:05 PM
According to B&C it was: http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch_detail.asp?area=news&ID=998A34E3-3555-4859-B1A8-B6EEC1F541F7

That Chasm draw is the one I was banking on this year . . . looks like a dandy!

dana
09-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I like the fact a smoker was killed in there on it's first year as a draw. Should make the odds better for me to draw the Kamloops tag when everyone else puts in for Chasm next year. ;)

ace76
09-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I just found out that a monster ram that I missed opening day this year is gonna go really high in the record books. Can't show the pictures or give out the name yet because it's gonna be in some mags I guess. :cry: I just about shed some tears when I saw the pics and heard the news this morning, but at least it went to a guy that has put the time and effort in for one from what I have heard.

jackpine
09-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Heard from a good source that Dougan guided this ram.looks like he did his job...again!

dana
09-27-2012, 05:32 PM
I was thinkin' he would have been involved. Congrats to him on a job well done!

just hunt
02-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Any more info on this beast or the one ace76 is talking about. can't find anything on the net.

dana
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Since we are back talking about Kamloops rams, anyone know what was killed by the late LEH holder?

just hunt
02-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Was hoping you had some info

dana
02-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Was hoping you had some info

The only info I know on the Cory Knowlton ram is it was indeed shot in the Chasm unit and was indeed guided by Abe Dougan. I had heard a score of 190 but I haven't heard anything official. The B&C has not updated the post on Trophy Watch.

just hunt
02-14-2013, 08:56 PM
well i guess we'll have to wait for it on the professionals. should be a great show.

Drillbit
02-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Any more info on this beast or the one ace76 is talking about. can't find anything on the net.

Howie isn't much of an internet guy. Have to see it on his wall to see it.

Ramshot
02-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Since we are back talking about Kamloops rams, anyone know what was killed by the late LEH holder?

Fella from Savona area. 180 and change heavy broomed ram. <Ramshot

coach
02-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Fella from Savona area. 180 and change heavy broomed ram. <Ramshot

Cool! Would be nice to see a picture. :-D

doddatto
02-15-2013, 09:49 AM
LOL at Ramshot Twisted Sister " were not going to take it No were not going to take it anymore" my dad used to love that song..

Deadshot
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Mico Outdoor Adventures took the ram out of the Chasm. It's on his web page. Don't know why Brent would hire Dougan. Maybe the client had something to do with it.

park
04-28-2013, 11:23 PM
yes this ram came from clinton bc so why kamloops ram

just hunt
04-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Dana just asked if it was a kamloops ram that's all

park
04-29-2013, 04:17 PM
Anyone know the score of this ram? My good friend and hunting partner Chris Hodel currently holds the record for cali @ a whopping 193 5/8 and yes it does look like a cali. yes this ram was killed at clinton bc at chashm park he probably has the same herd dna as your good friend cris hodel 1 ram why they call it kamloops ram i cant figure but the ram will probably score about 188 which should put him 4 or 5 mine score 189 and change and was killed near clinton

dana
04-29-2013, 04:25 PM
They had it on the B&C Trophy Watch as a Kamloops ram, that is why I asked if anyone knew the info on it as I knew they only have 1 Sept LEH tag available for Kamloops Lake and that ram had already been posted.

just hunt
04-29-2013, 04:36 PM
yes this ram was killed at clinton bc at chashm park he probably has the same herd dna as your good friend cris hodel 1 ram why they call it kamloops ram i pictures and story pleasecant figure but the ram will probably score about 188 which should put him 4 or 5 mine score 189 and change and was killed near clinton pictures and story please

IslandmanDan
04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
yes this ram came from clinton bc so why kamloops ram

Cause its only 50 kms as the crow flies from the some of the Kamloops lake herd...pretty close all things considering

park
04-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Cause its only 50 kms as the crow flies from the some of the Kamloops lake herd...pretty close all things considering

the reason why i ask why kamloops ram is these sheep came from the frazer river and were transplanted in kamloops lake years ago so it should be noted that kamloops sheep really belong in this area so whose to say he came from kamloops its only 10 miles to frazer river from clinton this is my point

The Dawg
04-30-2013, 10:17 AM
the reason why i ask why kamloops ram is these sheep came from the frazer river and were transplanted in kamloops lake years ago so it should be noted that kamloops sheep really belong in this area so whose to say he came from kamloops its only 10 miles to frazer river from clinton this is my point

Take a breath. Punctuation is our friend.

Ltbullken
04-30-2013, 12:50 PM

And I think a short time ago a bunch of Kamloops sheep were transplanted into the Fraser/Clinton/Chasm area because of lung worm hitting that herd hard (?). The herd on Kamloops Indian Band easily grows beyond the habitat's ability to sustain them here so every now and then some sheep is rounded up and transplanted eslewhere.