PDA

View Full Version : LEH Shared moose question

DnD
09-24-2012, 09:11 AM
xxxxyyyyzzzz

Trekker
09-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Punch one tag, but the other hunter can not continue to hunt on the moose leh. He can continue to hunt GOS spike/fork.

375 ultramag
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Yup ...just like Trekker says.

BearStump
09-24-2012, 09:19 AM
yup, sound like you got it figured out. Both buy tags, when a moose goes down the shooter punches his tag. The other still gets to hunt for moose during GOS. Dont forget that the two of you are required by law to have a means of communication if not hunting together. To prevent you both from dropping a moose unknown to each other, and going over your 1 leh limit. Good luck!

Spy
09-24-2012, 09:30 AM
You have to hunt together,the one that pulls the trigger & downs the moose cancels his tag ! You both have to immediately fill out the paper work that came in the mail with your shared hunt authorization !(read rules carefully) !
Once your hunt is complete the guy who shot and tagged the bull,is not allowed to carry on hunting for moose ! The other guy can carry on hunting for the elusive immature !
Good luck hope to see some pics & a story up soon !

Mishka
09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Spy, what do you mean by hunting together? I thought you can each hunt on your own, but you are required to immediately communicate with your partner when an animal is down. I'm asking because I have a shared moose hunt in November and I'm not confident my hunting partner is going to make it.

Spy
09-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Spy, what do you mean by hunting together? I thought you can each hunt on your own, but you are required to immediately communicate with your partner when an animal is down. I'm asking because I have a shared moose hunt in November and I'm not confident my hunting partner is going to make it.
You are right as long as you guys are in communication ! I know that it's says you have to hunt together for obvious reasons or have to be close enough to communicate ! I'm not sure what will happen if he can't make it , but am sure you will get an answer soon !

krazy
09-24-2012, 10:13 AM
... "You have to hunt together" ...

You do not have to hunt together. The second party does not even have to be out hunting with you. You do have to ensure that you can communicate if/when a moose hits the ground so that the other party will know that the LEH has been filled. The other party can then use his/her Moose tag in any BC GOS.

Spy
09-24-2012, 10:22 AM
You do not have to hunt together. The second party does not even have to be out hunting with you. You do have to ensure that you can communicate if/when a moose hits the ground so that the other party will know that the LEH has been filled. The other party can then use his/her Moose tag in any BC GOS. But if you are both hunting the LEH,you either have to hunt together or be close enough to communicate !

krazy
09-24-2012, 10:37 AM
But if you are both hunting the LEH,you either have to hunt together or be close enough to communicate !

"... close enough" is relative I guess. There are lots of ways to communicate so if you're both out hunting then I guess you would have to be as close together as you need to be for the communications method that you are using to be effective. For example, if you are going to shout at each other than a couple hundred yards might be "close enough" but if you're in cell range then "close enough" could be miles apart.

Spy
09-24-2012, 10:57 AM
"... close enough" is relative I guess. There are lots of ways to communicate so if you're both out hunting then I guess you would have to be as close together as you need to be for the communications method that you are using to be effective. For example, if you are going to shout at each other than a couple hundred yards might be "close enough" but if you're in cell range then "close enough" could be miles apart.
Correct !
For those of you that are 3 or more in a party read the authorization carefully ! Once a bull hits the ground & tag cancelled,everyone has to fill out their own authorization with time,date and Hunter responsible for the kills details & keep it on you when you are hunting the next bull !
Good luck hope you guys have success !

jhausner
09-25-2012, 08:57 AM
And remember with "close enough" whatever communication method you use, if you run into a CO while on an LEH hunt, they will have you contact your other hunting partners to verify. So depending on the area, I wouldn't 100% rely on radios or cell phones. A lot of cell phone dead zones and radios in mountainous terrain can work anywhere from 2 km to 10 feet.

Whenever I've gone on LEH group hunts, we've been within shouting or "gun shot" distance with radios. Aka odds of 1) not hearing gun shot and 2) radio not working, are a lot lower. But usually shouting distance is fine. Good to hunt in twos anyway rather than solo. Only time I hunt solo is on a quad and even then I still prefer to have someone along for the ride because you can see more when you're not driving. ;)