PDA

View Full Version : First time out this year

vanislehunter1
09-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm finally settled in here at PG now after moving here in the middle of August. Have a job and everything etc etc. So I finally had some free time this morning to spend it hunting! I went down the Salmon FSR 20 mins north of here after I found a promising area the day before while sighting my gun in. So at 5:30 I headed out the door to head to this spot. I got to the old slash which had a nice swamp on the one side of it and was about 5-8 years old. I parked my truck and walked in. I made my way down the spur and observed as much as I could. I got to the end of the setting where there was a switchback that heads up into another slash. I noticed some movement about 75 yards away and I immediately knew what it was - a moose! This is my 7th one i've ever seen in the wild. I thought at first it was a spike bull which immediately got me indescribably excited and the adrenaline pumping causing me to shake. I then observed further and noticed it was a cow and it's calf. Still an awesome experience. I watched them for a while until they headed into the bush. I continued about 2km along until the end of the road then headed back to the truck while it was getting hot very very fast. I checked a few more spots out then made my way home by about 10:00. All in all it was incredible first day and makes me want to head out again to find that spike fork bull!