PDA

View Full Version : 8-11 DODGE KEYS etc STUART 200 FSR off Esperon

brazen
09-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Ya i picked em up at that grouse hotspot, left a note but maybe too late, was that you driving around @ 7 am?? Ur keys r in westbank...

rides bike to work
09-23-2012, 08:45 PM
ne dodge keys cost me over 500 bucks with one key and fob ill never buy a truck newer than 1999 from now on

brazen
09-24-2012, 05:06 AM
amen :) I think you can actually buy those fobs? from china for $10 and program them yourself. What is the most intelligent way to get keys to someone when you don't know who they are??

RiverOtter
09-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Dealership might be able to cross referance a code/number or something, but aside from that I don't know.

rides bike to work
09-24-2012, 06:42 AM
every key has a chip in it thats what makes them expensive the dealer can probably track down serial number then find who its registered to

landphil
09-24-2012, 09:06 AM
amen :) I think you can actually buy those fobs? from china for $10 and program them yourself. What is the most intelligent way to get keys to someone when you don't know who they are??
Try an add on Castanet too, if you haven't already. The price is right, free.

brazen
09-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Dealer said it isn't a chip key, so, older, said maybe dakota, maybe caravan, then he said "oh hey this weird shaped duplicate only goes to ... ___??___ and the only one who ever cut these is me, and only for guys who work here", and we both got our hopes up, then he retracted something about that and just wrote my phone num down in case someone goes in talking about backroads and looking for a key cut. Said they can't reverse engineer a VIN from a key :) Oh well the guy must have got things figured out by now i'm hoping.

jhausner
09-25-2012, 09:31 AM
http://www.waramps.ca/faq/keytags.html#keytag0

Anyone that hunts, good idea to get. Then if someone finds them they just call the number on the back and/or throw them in the mail and you'll get your keys back.