PDA

View Full Version : Good elk bugle???

Bc Deer Hunter
09-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Any body care to share what to look for when buying a bugle?? Or have any suggestions on a good elk bugle? Thanks.

hunter1993ap
09-23-2012, 02:24 PM
ive used lots and had responses from most but i use diaphragms now. ive had bulls screaming with a thunder bugle, terminator bugle and diaphragms. diaphragms are very hard to get good with, i have wore out many reeds and spent many hours practicing. i wouldnt even know how many hours ive put into bugling but a lot!

Bc Deer Hunter
09-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you!!

killman
09-23-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm a gagger..............

Bigbullsh$tter
09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
The Terminator from Primos is really easy to use and learn on.........and it works!

Bc Deer Hunter
09-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Yep i think im gonna pick up a Terminator thanks for the help guys!! :D

pappy
09-23-2012, 04:08 PM
I tried the diaphrams, they made me gag. So I cut them down and I still gaged and they sounded worse. I too switched to the teminator, it sounds good and is easy to use but its big and bulky.

hunter1993ap
09-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I tried the diaphrams, they made me gag. So I cut them down and I still gaged and they sounded worse. I too switched to the teminator, it sounds good and is easy to use but its big and bulky.

ya when i first started using them i gagged and it buzzed on your tongue, but if you stick with it they work.

killman
09-23-2012, 05:39 PM
ya when i first started using them i gagged and it buzzed on your tongue, but if you stick with it they work.

That's what I keep telling her!

nap
09-23-2012, 06:06 PM
That's what I keep telling her!

Thats funny,too funny!!!! Look into the power bugle it is easy to use and not to high in the price.

Wrayzer
09-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Practise and know what you are doing, that will go a lot further than buying the "best" bugle on the market. I have a Primos Bull Horn, small, compact and works like charm, called two bull's in this morning to less than 30 yards each with it.

rides bike to work
09-23-2012, 08:43 PM
i like terminator as well you can make a wide range of sounds easily and comes with a good instructional cd

J-F
09-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Just got a Power Bugle (from ELK Inc.). I picked that one as there were no other left but the salesman I'm starting to know better and better uses it after trying a bunch of them himself.

I personaly have been trying hard with diaphragms for the last 4 years, not gagging but had a hard time getting the high pitch notes. Too much "squacks" and bad sounds, which probably killed a few chances I could have had. So far, the Power bugler sounds better after minimal practice...

I'll let you know about the result in 2 weeks!

Loopy Hunter
09-24-2012, 07:02 AM
I went with one of these. I knew nothing about bugles. I was going on an elk hunt so I bought one. I never even really practiced but it worked like a charm. Brought in elk with it within a few minutes. I just got my first kill this year, thanks to this bugle.

http://www.primos.com/products/elk-calls/super-pack-bugle/