PDA

View Full Version : bow strings

hunter1993ap
09-23-2012, 10:55 AM
i know i have read this on here before but i cant find it. i am wondering what the best bow strings i can get for my bow. the bow is a hoyt cyber tech. i would also like to know where a good place to buy the strings from. i have a bow press but i seperated some of the serving when i put the bow in last time ( this is why i need new strings!!) so i was wondering if i should take the bow to a bow shop to put new strings on or if i can put the strings on myself. i have done a fair amount of work on my bow in the past like putting the peep on and tuning but i am unsure of how to get the timeing right. thanks for any tips or suggestions.

bc_buckshot
09-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Get winners choice strings.

Bowzone_Mikey
09-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Spend half the price of a set of winners choice ... for a hoyt cyber tec... wow almost 10 years old .. a great bow .... go worlds best strings from Leader Sask .... Alan Andreas knows his stuff ... and for the love of god ... do not get a floating yoke .... go static yoke ... your groups will tighten right up

hunter1993ap
09-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Spend half the price of a set of winners choice ... for a hoyt cyber tec... wow almost 10 years old .. a great bow .... go worlds best strings from Leader Sask .... Alan Andreas knows his stuff ... and for the love of god ... do not get a floating yoke .... go static yoke ... your groups will tighten right up

ya i know but i'm thinking more like 12 years old!! still shoots good and has killed a few critters! thanks

Bowzone_Mikey
09-23-2012, 08:13 PM
ya i know but i'm thinking more like 12 years old!! still shoots good and has killed a few critters! thanks

Cybertecs were only made in 2002 &2003 ...replaced in 2004 with Super tec... same specs ... differant cams .... I had one of each ;-)... Alan strung them all

hunter1993ap
09-23-2012, 08:23 PM
good to know! and i will definately try those strings.

Jerry Potts
11-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I find the black braided dacron line from the marine supplies makes great bow strings. Cost? About $1.25 per string.
I make the loop on the end and sew it with sail twine, in a simple straight stitch. Tested it and the loop was stronger than the string . Broke the string first.

xtremearchery
11-27-2012, 10:11 AM
I have tried several string sets. Winner's, Scorpion, Scott's, World's Best, America's Best etc... Winners by far is the most consistant string set by far for after market strings. Their serving by far is the best. In saying that, I have switched to ABB about 2 years ago. I will say my first set had serving issues. The last 2 sets have been awesome. NO tuning or creeping issues... NOTHING! They are about the same price as WC. IMO, you can't go wrong with either one. Im not sure about WB like Mike suggested.. I havent used them in years. I'm sure they are better now... Mike knows his stuff.

island6
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Worlds best Strings, I have them on my Hoyt which is a 2007 model they are great

bugler
11-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Not sure where you live but if you buy them through Kevin at Kootenay archery he puts them on for you, checks timing etc, at no extra charge.

hardnocks
11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Worlds best Strings, I have them on my Hoyt which is a 2007 model they are great
Better name for them is worlds worst strings. I have had 4 sets of them and haven`t liked any of them

island6
11-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Better name for them is worlds worst strings. I have had 4 sets of them and haven`t liked any of them
what kind of set up were you running?

hardnocks
11-28-2012, 11:51 AM
I have scorpion strings on a apa king cobra. The origaniel ones and another set i won so far i like them . I have a couple x forces that i use my one strings on.

hunter1993ap
12-03-2012, 07:08 PM
have been shooting my bow a fair amount with the new strings. 452x strings and they are great. tuned perfectly with the old hoyt and feel really nice. i had scorpion strings before these, and they stretched a lot with less shooting than i would have liked.

dealt with donny brooke off the sight and he is a top notch guy, great to deal with and knows his stuff!!, highly recomend his service to anyone who needs help with their bow. i know who i will be going to for archery help from now on.

Sofa King
12-03-2012, 07:38 PM

i was born in leader, sask.
great place to be from.

Sofa King
12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I have scorpion strings on a apa king cobra. The origaniel ones and another set i won so far i like them . I have a couple x forces that i use my one strings on.

i visited the apa factory last year.
was working out of biggar.
washing my truck one day and saw a store next door that said APA.
walked in thinking it's just a little store, and there they are manufacturing the bows right from scratch.
it was pretty cool to see.
really nice people.

mikeboehm
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
I was reading about deltaforebowstrings.com. Havent used them or anything but the reviews on archery talk are pretty good. He stands behind his strings no questions asked.

Ambush
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
He stands behind his strings no questions asked.

I do too, but that's only so I don't get skewered when let the arrow go.

I'll never buy another "World's Best" string again.

donny.brooke
01-01-2013, 04:26 PM
I would stay away from brownells xs2 material and stick woth bcy 452x or 8190.

dave*
01-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I used to go thru Kevin Nugent out in ontario for my strings up to a year or two back, he goes by GWN Nuge on AT, makes a good string

I started building my own this spring, started with the 452X, good stability, easy to work with, If I had a complaint it fuzzes a bit much.

I just got my hands on some 8190 , have built a few sets, haven't shot them yet, a touch harder to work with just due to the fact it is thin and kind of slippery, 24 strand of 8190 is skinnier than 24 strand of 452X.

As to how the stuff works I cant personally say yet, will keep you updated.

And before anyone asks my strings are for personal use only

D*

mikeboehm
01-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I had a buddy put some worlds best 8190 strings on his invasion. Says it got louder

mntbowhunter
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
A few years ago about five of my friends and I all bought worlds best string. They are horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There the worste string on the market!!!! They continually twist and stretch. All of us hated them. Spend the money and save the head aches.

mikeboehm
01-05-2013, 11:09 PM
I ordered a set from donnie.brook here on hbc. Supposed to be very good with a 24 month gaurentee and warranty

donny.brooke
01-06-2013, 05:35 PM
You will like your new threads Mike. The warranty is 24 months on servings and peep rotation, the best string warranty out there.

dave*
01-22-2013, 05:48 PM
A quick update from previous posting, yesterday I took the time to put my handmade 8190 strings onto my Alphaburner, ( aggro cams and a bit sensitive to proper tune IMHO). 26 strands with 18 thou serving on the cams. Color was fluro yellow, single color, it "pops"on the jig, that color literally jumps off an all black bow ( even in the fog, not exactly stealth but will have some muted color for the fall)

Took about 10 shots into the foam with no peep, no apparent rotation based on my shooting string separator strand, so in goes the peep, and off to the range for some retuning.

100 plus shots with literally zero rotation on the peep ( and this is me still learning the string building biz). A bit of extra buzz in the riser and sound on the shot, that got me looking at the cam synch and timing a bit closer, threw a few twists into the control cable and boom back to nice and quiet with no buzz. Note to self build draw board.

This 8190 material seems to be the stuff, will be curious to see how it goes with the "fuzz" factor and longevity compared to the 452x I was playing with before.

Early impression on the 8190 material = thumbs up

D*

Ike
01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
dave*
After just under 6 months of heavy shooting with the 8190 strings on my King CObra I have had ZERO fuzzing. Also there has been no stretch or peep rotation. Definitely sticking with the 8190 material.
Cheers