PDA

View Full Version : There's an Immy Hangin' in my Shop

SUAFOYT
09-21-2012, 05:39 PM
BUT IT ISN'T MINE!!! Oh well. Ran into a group from Gold River in my neck of the woods yesterday. All the way up here for a chance at a spike. Talked for a while and told them if the unthinkable happens give me a call. I've got a secure spot to hang one. So at one this afternoon I get a call. The unthinkable happened. 7:30 this AM a nice 2x2. Hung in the shop and the AC's running. No good deed goes unpunished- they're bringing me a bucket of oysters when they come through in 2 weeks on their way to Anahim Lake. See if those baby's work:wink: Now I have some good contacts for fishing in Gold River.

wicket
09-21-2012, 06:00 PM
sounds like a fair trade ....hang a moose a bucket of sweet sweet BC oysters!
ps good on yah for offering that to some strangers

Gateholio
09-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Nice thing to do for the visitors.

fuzzybiscuit
09-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't eat all those oysters by yourself one night otherwise you'll wake up with sore forearms the next day.

4 point
09-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Darn I hate these immy stories.

SUAFOYT
09-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Don't eat all those oysters by yourself one night otherwise you'll wake up with sore forearms the next day.

Forearms?!? In my case that would be forearm- singular. Some guys have all the luck:oops:

Burnabyred
09-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Went through to Gold River this Summer on my way to Nootka and was drooling over all the elk on the road there. If you ever get an Island elk tag, then you make sure to hit those boys up for some local intel.

5 spike
09-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Very nice of you and congrats to the boys from gold river.

Phreddy
09-23-2012, 08:01 PM
As an old salt chucker, I can tell you that the only way to eat fresh oysters in raw, right fromt the shell. If you eat 12 and only 10 work you'll be ready for anything. My grandfather used to play bluegrass. He quit playing bluegrass and started smoking it, ran off with a 20 yr old hippy chick and ended up in Haight-Ashbury, in San Francisco. Last we heard he was charged with rape. They wanted to charge him for assault with a dead weapon, but everything was standing at attention so they gave him 10 years. :biggrin: Would I kid you about something like that?