PDA

View Full Version : Goat Hunting info,3-33F

Blainer
09-21-2012, 06:51 AM
I have received some information via PM from some great members on this site,but thought I would start a thread to try and obtain some additional information and make sure my ducks are in a row.
I have obtained a goat draw in 3-33F.
I intend to hunt the area from Oct.1st-4th,and it appears I will be hunting solo.
My intentions are to stay in either Bralorne or Goldbridge.
I intend to travel via sea to sky and along the Hurley fsr.
I have purchased topo and fsr maps of the area and again intend to concentrate my efforts on Truax mnt.,Grey rock rd,and Cadwallader cr.
I'm looking for any information that might be beneficial,road conditions,gas stations in area,store,restaurants,ect.
I recognize these are small communities and would like to know what to expect.
Thanks for any insight.
Blainer

Ruger4
09-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Goldpan motel was warm and dry , showers and cheap and there was a little cafe attached..............but that was a few years ago.........

Blainer
09-21-2012, 08:06 AM
cellular service??

Good2bCanadian
09-21-2012, 08:26 AM
There was no gas in Goldbridge on may long weekend.
Truax should get you waay up there.
Not sure on road conditions.
Make sure you have good tires and a spare for the Hurley.

Gateholio
09-21-2012, 09:02 AM
No cell service.

small store in Goldbridge that is open about 9-5

Personally, when I go to Goldbridge or Bralorne I take everything I need, including fuel. There is very little in the way of services.

Good2bCanadian
09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Friends dad took his Toyota tercel to the top of truax when we were kids. Took us up to the mine up there. I remember an old pickup on stilts they used the rear wheel as a tram power unit. Had a cable attached to the wheel.
Look up bridge river trail society. They have alot of maps of the area. Including trails up truax.

sled92
09-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Gold Dust Motel in Gold Bridge gets good reviews. The restaurant in Gold Bridge has limited hours (closes at 7 PM) and is only so-so for food. The Mineshaft Pub in Bralorne has really good food and and great owners. Its about 20 minutes away from Gold Bridge. There is gasoline available in Bralorne and there is a diesel card lock in Gold Bridge but you will need an account with Cool Creek to access it. You will not be driving a Tercel to the top of Truax these days! More later. Off to hunt!

Blainer
09-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Appreciate the information!

killer_shot
09-23-2012, 04:13 AM
That should be an interesting hunt, there is some pretty good access into lots of those alpine areas around there and its easier hiking than say the rockies. I live in pemberton and have driven the hurley quite a few times. Have not been over yet this summer/fall on gravel but its usually OK. Only thing i can warn you about. If it does snow or there is more than a few inches of fresh i highly suggest you do not drive over the pass. The top section has strange weather and will be drastically different snow levels from one side to the other. Last fall i ran into a hydro worker near the top of the pass in about two feet of snow completely stuck, night falling and about to hit -20 degrees. If it wernt for the snow cat op I think he would have been there until spring.
Point being if your not sure about the weather dont go over the hurley and if alone bring your bike so you can get out because you could freeze to death if you dont.

Good luck and let us know how it goes