PDA

View Full Version : chipmunk creek fsr

olympia
09-20-2012, 07:28 PM
I am planning to go up chipmunk creek fsr next week, im sure some of you have been up there and i was wondering if you could tell me if you guys were succesfull up there, also what elevation would the deer be at according to the weather temps we have been getting, I would imagine its getting at the top and I could see them wanting to come down where its warmer but only a seasoned hunter could say for sure

Fella
09-20-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't know if you're from around here, but it's been pretty warm lately. Also, if you're going to go up there, go during the week. It's a madhouse during the weekend.

bc_buckshot
09-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I went up there for my first time because I never been up there and heard it was a zoo on weekends. Probley won't go again. I was there from 6am to 8pm. Saw some tracks, but did not see one deer. No fawn Doe or buck. Couple other people there too and same result. Not saying there not there but one advise it will be beat to be there super early morning and just before dark they might come out but yesterday was too warm when I was there. Send me a pm if you still go there and tell you where I saw most of the tracks

Clouddog
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I live near Chipmuck creek and recommend that you wait until the snow has moved halfway down the Thurston/ Mercier mountain range. The Mulies will start consolidating and move through their traditional routes. If you are trophy hunting good luck, IMHO the meat is too strong to enjoy at the table..

bc_buckshot
09-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I second clouddog words.

Taurusguy
09-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I have tried hunting up in there ... its hard. You really have to get off the beaten path. Wear some orange hats if you go in there. Its crawling with people. I seen 1 set of HUGE tracks while i was up there but no deer attached to them. I also seen a few does hanging around the post creek trail and a few near the Ford Mountain FSR. Good Luck ...