PDA

View Full Version : Coyote tags ?

new hunter
09-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I know theres no bag limit for coyotes , but do you need a tag for them ?
I understand that a basic licence allows you to take upland birds and rabbit, but does it include yotes ?
I havent gone over the regs as I have no intention of going for predaters ( wife would shit a brick ) , and I do know the rules for the animals I do harvest , just asking out of curiosity .

Bc Deer Hunter
09-20-2012, 05:34 PM
You just need a licence. happy hunting!

Gateholio
09-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Send me $50 and I'll send you a 10 year supply of coyote tags.

chinookkiller
09-20-2012, 07:06 PM
basic licence are enough。

REMINGTON JIM
09-20-2012, 07:14 PM
I know theres no bag limit for coyotes , but do you need a tag for them ?
I understand that a basic licence allows you to take upland birds and rabbit, but does it include yotes ?
I havent gone over the regs as I have no intention of going for predaters ( wife would shit a brick ) , and I do know the rules for the animals I do harvest , just asking out of curiosity .

No tags required for coyotes ! :smile: some areas even have a NBL :smile: don't send GATEHOUSE a dime cause hes pullin your leg ? ! :shock: LOL RJ

new hunter
09-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanx everyone .
Didnt realise it , but I accidentally posted this thread twice (oops ) .
Do you have to keep the cape ? It would seem like a waste not to , but if I ever drop one it will most likely be for predater control ( if called for ) and not a trophy that I cant even bring home ( women ) .

new hunter
09-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Send me $50 and I'll send you a 10 year supply of coyote tags.

Is a post dated cheque OK ?

scoutlt1
09-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Send me $10 and I'll send you a copy of the regs :-)

REMINGTON JIM
09-20-2012, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=new hunter;1204956]Thanx everyone .

Do you have to keep the cape ?

NO !

The Dude
09-20-2012, 08:51 PM
I believe you do have to keep it.......... until you reach the slash pile, that is :D

If you happen to get some nice winter Yotes, I'm sure some guys on here, or some trappers, would love to have them.

new hunter
09-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Awsome , thanks for all the responses .
Ill stick with deer for now though.

Trophyslayer
09-20-2012, 09:48 PM
I havent gone over the regs as I have no intention of going for predaters .
As a new hunter and any hunter you must go over the regs in any region you hunt you might end up on the wrong side of a road closure no shooting zone or no hunting area wherever you hunt read it through and through

new hunter
09-22-2012, 09:02 PM
As a new hunter and any hunter you must go over the regs in any region you hunt you might end up on the wrong side of a road closure no shooting zone or no hunting area wherever you hunt read it through and through

I should clarify a couple thing , New hunter is just a name , this is my 5th season . Although thats relatively new to alot of the guys on here , its also not my first season .
Second , I have gone over the regs for the species I hunt and the shooting zones in my area .
However I havent poured over the regs back to back this year , and the last couple times I did read it over I dont recall the licencing regs for this particular species .
However , I did look up that there is no bag limit on them in my region .
But as I said , I'm not really looking to go for song dogs , I just ran into one while grouse hunting and it got my curiosity up .
Unfortunately the missus was kind enough to reorganise my hunting mags including the regs , so it was a lot faster and easier to just ask the guys on here .
Dont think I'm offended by your post though , no harm in reminding people of there legal responsibilities .
Thanks for the reminder , and I will make sure I'm legal before I pull the trigger , I'd rather be New hunter than new poacher .