PDA

View Full Version : BCLakefronts Jr Success and....can I call it failure? I dont think i can! (PIC)

BigfishCanada
09-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Well as usual I packed up the kids and took off for Jr Season. Before I tell how it went , 2 things, I saw 15 bucks, 12 moose (2 immys) and more does that I can count.

Also, hunting is funny, some people don't realize that having someone like me take them out, and put them into bucks first day isn't usually that easy now is it....the first 3 or 4 years I saw very few. SO kids remember, it may not be as easy as you think when your not with someone experienced, now saying that, grab me a beer from the fridge would ya!

Anyways, Tony and I arrived and sent the kids out fishing while we got to have a few bevies before our morning opening Jr. day hunt. I showed Tony some maps of where I know the mullies should be and that morning 4 am came way to early, I went high and he went west with a spot to meet by noon. Man did I see moose, and a few does but no bucks.

Later that day we came across 5 bucks, (Everywhere I went no bucks were alone, they were all bunched up, and ALL in velvet) well in between 2 and a half days, young Austin got a shot and this below beauty!!!!!! JC unfortunately found out what buck fever is, and while his cousins bugged him about it, I whispered not to worry that soon his cousins will experience it too as we all do once in awhile.

The last night my 10 year old which passed his core HAD a shot at a nice 2 point, he stopped himself from shooting for all he had was a texas hear shot and he had heard my story from when I was young ruining a deer shooting like that.

I must say, seeing a 10 year old hold off on a shot (First opportunity ever) was a proud moment for me!!! Overall a great weekend, and great kids and another memory I will not forget at my cabins. I have internet at the cabin now, and I don't think I saw any kid on a device the entire weekend!!!

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/314200_10151071179976523_601716402_n.jpg

Ruger4
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
well done dad !!

popsy
09-17-2012, 05:07 PM
A beauty Austin. Way to go!!

kennyj
09-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Fantastic! Thats a great buck and a great holiday all around. Its nice to see lots of game.
kenny

pinebushman
09-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Two thumbs up to Dad and the Jr's :cool: