PDA

View Full Version : Cow Moose Decoy

krazy
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Looking to build a cheap & portable yet sexy Mrs. Bullwinkle! :razz: Any advise on building one & tips/tricks to using it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ......... K.

Phreddy
09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Kind of reminds me of the story of the two guys who decided to rent a cow moose costume to try to attract a bull. One guy in the front and one in the back. The plan was that when a bull showed up the guy in the back would unzip himself from the suit and shoot the bull. Field test day arrives and they're out in the swamp calling and this big, block out the sun bull arrives ready for action. All of a sudden the guy in the back says to his friend, "Holy crap! The zippers stuck and I can't open it. What the hell are we going to do?" The guy in the front replied, "Well, for me, I'm just going to eat some grass, but you'd better brace yourself well."

krazy
09-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Kind of reminds me of the story of the two guys who decided to rent a cow moose costume to try to attract a bull. One guy in the front and one in the back. The plan was that when a bull showed up the guy in the back would unzip himself from the suit and shoot the bull. Field test day arrives and they're out in the swamp calling and this big, block out the sun bull arrives ready for action. All of a sudden the guy in the back says to his friend, "Holy crap! The zippers stuck and I can't open it. What the hell are we going to do?" The guy in the front replied, "Well, for me, I'm just going to eat some grass, but you'd better brace yourself well."

lol ... ok to clarify, I'm trying to come up with a simple "stand alone" decoy ... unless of course I get a volunteer for the back! ;)

Slinky Pickle
09-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I think a big sheet of black Coroplast and a razor knife would get you a long ways towards a decent decoy.

knightcc
09-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Look up "Montana Decoys". We use one. Very portable (fits in a pack and then unfolds) Very effective also. cabelas sells them I believe.

Sangstercraft
09-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Alright, I gotta chime in here, it's too perfect. Sorry to distract from the thread. A customer of mine from the east coast of the USA called last fall and we got to chatting. Turns out her husband got skunked on a long deer hunting trip, and upon return to his semi-rural neighborhood, he noticed a big buck down in the valley, close to his home. He stalked up to it, sighted in carefully, and pulled the trigger. CLANG!!! The buck didn't move, and all he heard was the CO on the megaphone "put down your gun and come here!" Turns out the CO's out there have a metal dummy buck they use to bust people for hunting in residential areas. Another one of her neighbors saw them loading it in the back of a truck, and up close it's all dented from the people shooting at it over the years. She thought it was pretty funny..

Phreddy
09-18-2012, 09:13 AM
They also use them here.

finngun
09-18-2012, 09:45 AM
inflatable mrs.moose:shock: when somebody shoot it it flies away with BIG WHoooose...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: and hunter is gonna be little suprise:shock: wah-wahh

Phreddy
09-18-2012, 11:08 AM
inflatable mrs.moose:shock: when somebody shoot it it flies away with BIG WHoooose...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: and hunter is gonna be little suprise:shock: wah-wahh
Kind of reminds me of the two old boys having a beer and discussing their bucket lists. One old guy says"You know, I'd really like to visit a house of prostitution one last time before I die." The othe old boy looks at him in surprise and states, "Wow. That's amazing. I have that at the top of my list. Why don't we do that tonight just to get it out of the way?"
Off they go to the local bordello and when the madam sees them coming tells one of the girls, "Hurry. Go put an iflatable doll in the bed in room 5 and one in room 6. These two guys are so old they'll never know the difference and it'll be easy money with no work."
An hour or so later the two old boys are walking home and one says, "You know, I think the gal I was with was dead. She didn't utter a sound and didn't move at all during the whole time I was with her."
The other old boy says, " That's odd. I think mine was a witch."
the first guy said, "What makes you think that?"
The old boy replied, "Well, everything was going as planned but as I neared the grand finale I got a little excited and nibbled on her neck. All she did at that pint was hiss at me and then she flew out the window with my teeth."