PDA

View Full Version : First few hunts in BC as a resident....and first hunts for daughter!

Rackmastr
09-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Hey All,

Sorry no kill shots here....

Thought I'd share a couple cool pics from the other night. Got out twice with my daughter now looking for deer and elk. Saw a few deer and she was begging me to shoot one, but all have been while driving, etc. We will find a spot and stalk opportunity and shoot a deer sometime I'm sure, but for now we sure are having fun getting out and hiking a bit. Makes hunting feel so much different than when hunting alone or with friends...

Anyways, was some good laughs and hopefully the beginnings of a long hunting relationship!! Nothing better than father/daughter time in the woods I'm starting to learn...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Rackmastr/IMG_0756.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Rackmastr/IMG_0734.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Rackmastr/IMG_0623.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Rackmastr/IMG_0611.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Rackmastr/IMG_0641.jpg

Ovis17
09-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Awesome.....!

Spy
09-16-2012, 06:30 PM
X2 Awesome ! Great pictures !

finngun
09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
one of those great moments,, so happy little princess and happy dad...thanx for shearing story and pic.:razz:

Duk Dog
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Right on Trev, great stuff. Good seeing you guys being able to get out and about exploring and hunting.

sheephunter17
09-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Awesome stuff. Can't wait to take my daughter out. I really like the intense bugling pic you should've put that up haha.

kennyj
09-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Very cute.
kenny

brian
09-16-2012, 08:43 PM
She's only got a couple years on my own little girl. That is very cool! I love the hunting from a car seat!

Mugger
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
those are spacial moments do not take them for ganted, have three daughters and all had gone though that stage love it wish I could get iot back. Two out of three are still hunting the other phoyography cant complain. Cheers.

Sitkaspruce
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Great to see family out exploring and enjoying this great province!!!

So Rackmastr, how are you adapting to hunting here in BC??

Again good on you to be out and about with your family.

Cheers

SS

sarg
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
those are the day u love to remember:)

Frans
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Well done! Hope you can build on this in years to come.

Frans

270WIN
09-16-2012, 09:16 PM
it is not about the kill but about the memorys no need to be sorry for no pictures of dead animals. seeing a smilling kid enjoying her self with dad is just as good if not better then any trophy

Rackmastr
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Great to see family out exploring and enjoying this great province!!!

So Rackmastr, how are you adapting to hunting here in BC??

Again good on you to be out and about with your family.

Cheers

SS

Its an interesting transition for sure. Going from a province where I've hunted for the past 18-19 years or so (12-13 years old) and knowing areas locally, all over the province, etc it takes some getting used to. I'm used to living in areas that require carrying a land ownership map and knocking on doors. Its crazy the vast crown land, mountains, and timber around. Just trying to get my feet wet and learn as much as possible locally on some roads to get into the deep stuff, some areas to hike and glass, etc and then will start figuring out how to hunt em. Overall I LOVE it....but it is a funny feeling being a 'newbie' in an area.

I HAVE created a list of hunts that I'd like to do....grizzly bear and Stone sheep top it for 2013. We just had a premature baby about 7 weeks ago so my entire summer had a wrench thrown in it for hunting stuff, scouting, etc. Just starting to get our feet under us and the first few trips out with the daughter have reminded me thats all that really matters. I'm sure I'll get a bit more 'gritty' and hunt it harder in a few weeks or the upcoming months....as I took off till Nov 25th on parental leave. Now its all about building sheds, taxidermy work, house chores, and spending time with the family!

new hunter
09-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Right on man .
Makes me look forward to taking out my own kids one day .
Good on you for teaching her not too take the easy shots ( road deer ) .
Nothin against road hunters , but its good to teach the kids that its about the experience , not just the kill .

black mountain
09-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Great pics, looking forward to taking my two daughters out this year

.330 Dakota
09-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Awesome pix, you have a cute little girl. I remember when my kids were that age and out hunting with me, it was a hoot,,,statements like,,"Daddy, can we do a little less walkin and a bit more shootin?" cracked me up.
Now mine are teenagers and have harvested their own trophies and it is my pleasure to help them do it. More enjoyable then shooting your own stuff.

Taurusguy
09-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Grats on getting your Daughter out and into the wilderness! Nothing like father/daughter time. had my first successful hunt with my 14YO daughter this season. One day it will all come together for the two of you. Keep it up!

:)

d6dan
09-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Good pics rackmastr. Keep'em coming.....

NaStY
09-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

brig
09-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Love the pics! My oldest daughter is 2 and I can't wait to start taking her out hunting and spending some quality time outdoors with her.