PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good B.C Outfitter

BossKoss
09-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi All,
I'm looking for a quality outfitter who offers good trophy quality true northern B.C moose where I can then combo it up with the ability of one of the following; a trophy elk (310 plus), a trophy mule deer (180 plus) or trophy mountain caribou. I'm hoping for at least one of the previous animals to combo it with but the more the better. I'm looking to book for '14, any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm from Alberta. Thanks in advance for your time.

Ourea
09-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Crickets.......

dana
09-14-2012, 08:30 PM
What you are asking for probably doesn't exist. You can find plenty of Northern outfitters that have great moose and caribou combo hunts but adding trophy elk and muleys is pretty much askin for the moon. While there are outfits up north that can kill a 180 class muley once in a blue moon, they are normally hunting around the farmland country of the Peace. There are some big moose in some of that country but not like they are in other areas of the North. So it might be possible to do a muley moose combo but the timing of the seasons for 'primetime' to harvest isn't in your favour. As for elk, there are elk both the mountains and the farmland but trophy bulls are no where in abundance up North. You want a bull in 310+ class, you are better to book with a outfit in SouthEastern BC. There are muleys in the 180 class in the Southeast too, but very few are harvested by outfitters. The bulk of the outfitters in BC have been sleeping while the Muley Craze has been happening in the States. The vast majority of outfitters up here wouldn't know a 180 class buck if it bit them in the ass. Many just sell muleys as an add-on and don't have a clue how to kill a trophy muley. And don't even think to get caught in the gimic of trophy shiras moose the southeastern outfitters are trying to sell. There is no biological reason for the SCI boundaries except for outfitters that want to sell trophy tags for their small moose. They are not shiras, but just small Canadas. Soooo, to really answer you question, you will need to decide what critter it is you want the most and then book an outfitter that does that critter well. I'm sure you'll get many suggestions on outfitters once you pick a species to focus on.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Throw out your quest for mulies and it will open your options ........significantly.

SSS

chilcotin hillbilly
09-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Golden Bear outfitting for moose and caribou, infact many notherm outfitters offer quality hunts for both. the Elk and Muledeer opton is as Dana said. Good advice Dana and Steve.

BossKoss
09-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the responses, I edited my post as it was confusing. I'm only looking for 2 or maybe 3 of those listed. Thanks again

porcupine
09-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I'd recommend Big Nine, but his caribou are not in the category you're asking for. He's got the moose and the elk.

schilly101
09-15-2012, 03:33 PM
dana is wrong about the moose..ive saw lots of big bulls over the years in the southern half of BC that would push 50 inches or better! i know a area that 300-380 or even 400 inch elk, +40 inch moose, and 180 class mulies are all possible, not garenteed but possible and i know the outfitter that has the area...but..i hunt this area myself and ive always been taught to never sh*t in your own bed so i think ill say no more :)

dana
09-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I've seen moose in the southern half of the province that are 200 inches and 60 inches wide. They are as bout rare as a 230 class muley. The bulk of 'big' bulls outfitters down south are killing are 40-45 and would be lucky to break 150 inches. The bulk of the muleys outfitters across the entire province are killing are 140-155 class rats. For some reason, outfitters just haven't learned how to consistantly kill big bucks in this province. If you want a good success rate on 180 class or better muleys, go elsewhere. BC is not the place. We have them here. There are residents that consistantly kill monsters, but the outfitters ain't.

Ourea
09-15-2012, 09:08 PM
dana is wrong about the moose..ive saw lots of big bulls over the years in the southern half of BC that would push 50 inches or better! i know a area that 300-380 or even 400 inch elk, +40 inch moose, and 180 class mulies are all possible, not garenteed but possible and i know the outfitter that has the area...but..i hunt this area myself and ive always been taught to never sh*t in your own bed so i think ill say no more :)

Too late......

Steve W
09-16-2012, 10:00 AM
For moose and caribou: http://bcsafaris.com/

OCB.C.
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I have a few I have been dealing with up north, I sent you a PM :)