PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 Hunting Regs - Why are there none left?

ravensfoot
09-14-2012, 11:50 AM
I just went to my local Wholesale Sports to pick up my hunting license and tags and asked for a copy of the new regs. "Sorry, we are all out" What? it's the beginning of hunting season? The nice lady at the store told me they were given 16,000 copies and they only gave out one per person. How does the MOE expect people to hunt following the regulations if they don't even print enough synopsis? I mean really, this is only the beginning of the season and the synopsis is suppose to be out for the next 24 months. Come on, print and deliver enough to at least get us through the season. This is totally ridiculous. I have now downloaded the HuntBuddy app (http://itunesdeals.com/reference/hunt-buddy-bc/) for iPhone, it's great! (Thanks John Griffith) I still like to have the paper edition and would fully expect to be able to get one when I need it seeing how much I spend on LEH and tags every year.

Jelvis
09-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Those paper regs should be printed in different languages too EH? You know that?
Jp -- International regs --by Pitbull

Taurusguy
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
I thought they were 2012 - 2014! ... i got mine (2 copies) right after the LEH came out ... One for the truck .. one for the camp!

Taurusguy
09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
You could always go to the bcwf website and print off the region you need from the PDF files. *shrugs*

Glenny
09-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Cause they are cheaping out (The gubmint that is)

Scuba_Dave
09-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Could...but the Regs are supposed to be printed in mass so that there are no "excuses" like "oh i thought i could shoot this in that area"....Yes we are in the digital age but there are still a LOT of tech lacking Canadians out there, I am referring to the Mountain Men series on History Channel lol

Glenny
09-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Those paper regs should be printed in different languages too EH? You know that?

Including Jelanese....
BG --R U Jelingual? Chasse peche foof tabernac dare!

ravensfoot
09-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Opps, I meant 2012-2014.
Yes I could print it out myself, use my paper and my ink. In that case - reduce the costs for licenses. Like that will ever happen. Ha.

Glenny
09-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Could...but the Regs are supposed to be printed in mass so that there are no "excuses" like "oh i thought i could shoot this in that area"....Yes we are in the digital age but there are still a LOT of tech lacking Canadians out there, I am referring to the Mountain Men series on History Channel lol

Yes there should be lots printed. This has been an issue (Or non-issue :)) for a few years now.

ianwuzhere
09-14-2012, 01:27 PM
ya, just have to go to the next store. i hate it when a stores out or have no lehs..
maybe the price of hunting licenses should go up a few dollars and they could print 100,000 more...;)

Ozone
09-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Maybe becouse the person at that store had no clue what she was talking about (like most in that store I find). Maybe just try another store.

bighornbob
09-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Thats why you grab one at wholesale as soon as they come out, a couple at Walmart a week later, then a few more a WSS over the summer. That way I have one in my hunting room, one in the truck, one in my camper and one on the end table with the hunting mags. If I read on the shi**er I would have one in there too.

BHB

Blegend
09-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Plenty of shops have em, wholesale sports inability to keep something like that available doesnt have anything to do with the government. Buuut I bet next year they won't be any left anywhere

frenchbar
09-15-2012, 08:56 AM

They can print mine in St'at'imc...then i would be GUARANTEED for my moose and ram draws in Churn country ...

finngun
09-15-2012, 09:52 AM
why they can't send one paper each.person.. who is buying hunting licence? many hunter buy licence early on the spring..so they have lots of time to do so...:shock: or is it too simple:?:

ruger#1
09-15-2012, 10:55 AM
ya, just have to go to the next store. i hate it when a stores out or have no lehs..
maybe the price of hunting licenses should go up a few dollars and they could print 100,000 more...;)They get enough money from the advertizing. Maybe if they stopped putting the money in general revenue and used it for what it is supposed to be used for, Then things would be better.

Gun Dog
09-15-2012, 01:23 PM
WS has trouble keeping guns in stock; never mind free stuff like regulations. There's lots of other places to get a copy.

luckofthedraw
09-15-2012, 01:31 PM
This drives me nuts also. 2 years in row it sounds like I'll be reg-less when I head out. Not many camps I've been too support the mac book, and I don't own a printer or believe I should have to print my own when paying big dollars on tags/license.

Gateholio
09-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Big box of them available in the Pemberton sporting goods store. I suspect smaller outlets will have them.

NitwiT
09-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Finngun, solutions like are are bad for the economy due to the efficiency of there nature. Please refrain from comments like that, and consider the Canadian economy as a whole, that benefits from us driving to every store in the lower mainland, to gather the same things every year. (Synopsis, Waterfowl Stamps, ammunition, etc.)

finngun
09-16-2012, 09:50 AM
yes nitWit -- i see you point...:mrgreen::mrgreen: common idea is....not make anything too simple... keeps BIG WHEEL turning..jah -jah

ianwuzhere
09-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Thats why you grab one at wholesale as soon as they come out, a couple at Walmart a week later, then a few more a WSS over the summer. That way I have one in my hunting room, one in the truck, one in my camper and one on the end table with the hunting mags. If I read on the shi**er I would have one in there too.

BHB

they are all at bighornbobs house- just go there and grab one or two..:neutral:

solo
09-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Regs should be five bucks a copy, then private printers can keep up with demand. No idea why we are giving them away for free. I have three copies, but now that I have Huntbuddy I don't think I will ever use the paper copies again.

Boner
09-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I heat my house with them in the hopes that less people go hunting.

J/K I print mine off the comp.

skibum
09-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Service BC usually has them, but then you have to wait along with everybody renewing their drivers licence etc...