PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunt in Bowen Island ?

Photonuts
09-13-2012, 10:39 PM
I went to Bowen Island couple months ago and I saw a lot of deers there, just wonder can I hunt there with my bow? I heard only people who can hunt there are those people who live there. I also heard you need to report to the RCMP.... Is anyone hunted in bowen island before can fill me with all those information please.

MB_Boy
09-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Pick up a copy of the regs or use the search function on the forum as there are many threads about this.

The Dude
09-13-2012, 11:03 PM
I used to hunt there, but I kept coming up over hills into backyards and gardens.....so I would go deeper and deeper in the weeds....ended up in some guy's massive train set in the woods once. Very cool. They made the laws there so tough I ust gave up. Not worth the ferries and the BS.

longstonec
09-13-2012, 11:04 PM
You need written land owner permission first. (typed out, with location etc etc) Then you need to take that to the RCMP detachment on the island who will go out and inspect the property to ensure it is large enough to safely hunt on. And then using only a recurve or longbow can you hunt there. At least that's how it was acouple years ago when I gave up trying I hunt there...

elcazador
10-02-2012, 10:50 PM
too much red tape, an ecological nightmare. try gambrier or texeda!

Sangstercraft
11-04-2012, 07:25 PM
I was there this weekend. Saw 8 deer as I drove, including 1 buck, - 3x2
In my opinion, there's just too many houses.

Gumsehwah
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Go onto ITunes and do a search on "Bucking the System."
This audiobook was written by a guy about deer hunting with a bow on Bowen Island.

PS, see if you can find "the creature" that is prowling the Island.

markt308
11-15-2012, 04:00 PM
the closest I got was last year. I know the RCMP on the island and he tried to hook me up with his buddy who owns a pile of land. still got denied haha. hunting is just sooo frowned upon over there. I wouldn't pursue it. save yourself the headache and go somewhere else. I was just gonna go cuz my buddy said he could hook me up and it still didn't pan out!